1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow Excavation Placeholder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

From Birdopedia:

Chuck
    Preferred evolution: Trial by Fire over Volatile Present (Trial of Fire damages all pigs that hit the trail left behind. Volatile Present, though the bomb at the end does extra damage, might backfire in the arena, sending the pigs back to your side.)
    SS Counter: 1
    Body shape: Regular
    Class: A little different/Special Forces
    Leader ability bonus: Damage Bonus Yellow - All yellow birds in team get +30% attack power

Cyril
    Preferred evolution: Raging Power Slide over Slippery Power Slide (More damage and a speed boost after hitting a fan. I personally chose Slippery and am happy with it because I like birds that travel a lot faster - they seem to do more damage in my opinion. Not that this evolution choice does not matter if not running a World Famous leader ability.)
    SS Counter: 3
    Body shape: Small
    Class: Performer/A Little Different
    Leader ability bonus: World Famous - The bird’s fame attracts fans. Hitting a fan increases a bird’s damage by 10% times the amount of present rockstars for the turn.

Quarterback
    Preferred evolution: Wide Phalanx over Heavy Phalanx (Wide Phalanx will allow the SS of the bird to cover the entire board...Heavy Phalanx does more damage but doesn’t cover as much. That means Wide still does more damage.)
    SS Counter: 2
    Body shape: Strong
    Class: Performer/Performer
    Leader ability bonus: Damage Bonus Strong - All birds with the shape strong get +30% attack power with an additional +5% for every member of the “Sports Allstars” set on the battlefield.

honeybun likes this.
  2. Epic Buttstomp

IMO (In my opinion): Chuck is worth it. Quarterback is worth it. Cyril is not worth it. If you manage to get all 3 quickly. Level up the Master Quarterback first, then Chuck.

Brenda X (if you have her) is the better healing leader option than Claude since Brenda X will get you +75% boost.

With 3 yellow birds in the same event, no amount of evo materials, elixirs, and fuse ready birds stocking up be enough. Save up on dungeon keys for now as you will need to use them after you prestige the 1st yellow.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    honeybun and BigBadBigBirf like this.
  3. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Cyril could be a decent addition to a yellow dungeon team for those that don't have that fulfilled with something better yet, once better birds come along he typically gets benched by most. Brenda would also ignore obstacles as we can likely expect plenty of those being an excavation event, ever popular force field walls, rocks, fences and the like. Claude would still provide a bigger punch though so if team power isn't a concern, he'll still be viable at lead. Knowing me I will keep him in, one because I didn't go for Brenda X, but two just because of how potent he is regardless.

It'SaBiRd, Tigerangels42038 and Rando like this.
  4. The Great One

The Great One Tiny Birdy

You can expect the Gates of Hell to make an appearance for this event. I didn’t fare so well last time with two Chucks and a Quarterback. We’ll see this time around.

5. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

I haven't had the gates in the last few color excavations.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

yeah, i think they MAY have retired them

7. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Wouldn't be surprised, there were all the issues with that one event where Red birds had problems, and I want to say they were in the next one, but after that largely gone.

8. Epic Buttstomp

Our rates of blowing thru 85 levels and finishing clan's 600K could make Rovio do something to slow us down. Extra levels can only go so far.

9. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Depends on level of spending of us players

10. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

For all newbies..
    This is a yellow excavation event so remember the pigs will be resistant to all colours other than yellow birds.. so although white and black birds go through obstacles they wont have as hard an impact as they would normally, just something to keep in mind when choosing which bird for which shot

mikeylee2020, Rando and A. Wolf like this.
  11. The Great One

The Great One Tiny Birdy

Which is why I’m predicting a Gates of Hell comeback. They are frustating as hell (pun intended) but at least they keep me engaged. The layouts in the last two events have been very boring.

honeybun likes this.
  12. The Great One

The Great One Tiny Birdy

Right. Even with the boost, HG is going to be useless in the higher levels.

13. Tigerangels42038

Yeah HG is a great bird but it will come down to the layouts before i make my final selections. Will just use my everyday team of M Claude, M Frost, M Chuck, M QB & M Matilda until i know what all the layouts are and change from there

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

im finally going to try Brenda X... lol

15. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

And we will likely encounter the behemoth field generator pig that likes to leave his bubble behind at times.

16. Epic Buttstomp

Remember there are the "Square Fort" and "Enclave" setups that will be just as nasty for yellow birds.

Son (Hog Wild) has Master QB at mid prestige level, that thing alone is already 127K+ in power.

17. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

@Epic Buttstomp posting the link to the birdepedia would be very helpful to new players, given that it's dropped from the top of the GD page. And even if they do find it, I don't think @Lenaj76 ever got around to editing in the link in the OP for that topic, anyway...

18. Tigerangels42038

I have it.
    Birdopedia New Edition
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CXYyOtpJOp6Pc1yOSi0G_1S49Q-54CQI5NAN_0GnAnQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Birdopedia 1st Edition
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZsbNQKNv0gBS1cT-MSHbS_Qui_Z82pip06E8uUthaqU/edit?usp=drivesdk
    Both are useful, i recommend the 1st Edition if all your looking for is which evo is better

Epic Buttstomp, Rando and Redwing like this.
  19. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

For those truly new to these excavation events... the force field wall segments connected by short metal poles, yellow birds in this case will go through the field, white or black of course can attack through or over them, and any two hits on a single pole from any color bird will take a segment down.

20. Epic Buttstomp

Just saw the "3 posts leader blocker setup" at lvl 51. And zig zag force fields. No issue if you have a heavy yellow team as the zig zag will be fallen in no time.

Son's (Hog Wild) account has this 290K tean with Claude, 2 Chucks, HG, Master QB. Full auto into the 60s with no loss in health. He can get more ridiculous if he swaps out Claude with another HG or even the lower level useless Cyril.

I am running 4 Chucks with a Master HG for now, I have a P1 Cyril if I really want that.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019