1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Day????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Rccurr

Rccurr Hatchling

Just tried leveling up Grandfather Frost using one of my level 51 four star birds. Frost was level 40, said would only level up 13 but actually levelled him up to level 60.

2. PolliSoft

PolliSoft Tiny Birdy

Even if this is not very expensive, after the XP change from Rovio there is now a very cheap and easy way to get evo. E.g. level a 2* with another 2* and sell it. It will roughly cost ~10 gold, but you will gain ~32 evo. This means that instead of bulk selling a lot of birds for small gains, leveling them once and then sell will bring in huge amounts of evo.

Annie14 and RNGesus like this.
  3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

BUT, you lose Gold doing that. So, it depends on what you put a premium on. Personally, i need way more Gold than evo mats.

4. Rccurr

Rccurr Hatchling

Have levelled a couple of 5 star birds now using level 51 four star birds and in both cases levelled up more than said it would. Level 60 Lil Pecker went to level 79, which is even more than the old system which would have only got him to level 76. No doubt ROVIO shuts something working in our favour down.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

It might just not be showing the correct amount but actually giving what it should. Cuz its not consistent otherwise.

6. Rccurr

Rccurr Hatchling

Hopefully it stays the way it is with level 51 birds being the sweet spot for levelling up 5 star birds. If not will have to nickel and dime your way to level 100 with 5 star birds

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Until they work the bugs out of this "update", I'm taking a break from this game. I have more important things to do in life like renovating my kitchen and finishing my 4th college degree. I've been debating quitting for awhile but the new update and it's bugs is pushing me away for real. It's a shame too because nightmare mode was a real incentive for me to stay and actually a major improvement to the game for once. I'll probably skip out of this matilda event aside from getting to stage 50 and the twice daily login to use the event energy for my clan but that's it.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Nothing wrong with that!!! Theres nothing at all forcing us to play hard or not take a week of now & then...

9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

-15 gold for a 1*, +7 for a 2* and +26 for a 3* after paying the conversion cost. It's a more effecient way of getting evo. And with double coins still being on Saturday, that might even increase the gold gain somewhat...

Edit: Adjusted 1* & 3* values as changes made since initial testing.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Are you forgetting the cost of gold to feed each bird?

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

No, those figures are after feeding the bird (conversion cost). However, that is same-on-same star rating and colour and no evolution to get the maximum benefit.

So taking a 2* same colour fusion, for example, the bird goes to L19 at a cost of 35 gold. You then sell it and get 42 gold and 35 yellow evo. That's a gain of 7 gold and 33 evo. 1* & 3* seem to give a better ratio of gold and evo for initial investment. But, considering that you'd have to sell 17 2* birds to get that much evo, the overall gold is much less (255g/34evo vs. 56g/280evo) . Still, it gives you options. If you're short on evo, fuse birds and sell them; if you need gold, sell each bird individually.

Edit: 1* now give 20 gold, cost 35 to fuse up to and including L19. So better off selling your 1* birds individually. 3* give 66 gold and cost 40 gold to fuse. Evo for them @ L19 is 54.

Edit 2: Feeding a shiny gold bird gives excellent return on investment. E.g. 2* gold birds when correctly levelled give 600g/34evo for a 40g investment...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Evo cost for L100 to P1 has been reduced to 3.6K evo mats. Not sure if essence has been changed, though (currently 100).

13. Essence is the same 25, 50 and 100 for 5-Star birds.

The changes to the Arena and the gold reduction for selling birds have the effect that in future gold and essence will be short and it will be close to impossible to prestige the right birds for events when each week there will be a master bird and 80lvls to be finished. So either you already have a team with P5 average with boosts or you won’t be able to succeed.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yup & im sure they dont want anywhere close to 10% of players actually able to get the Master bird.

15. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

The "smart" people in Rovio think they are helping new players by making certain things easier and cheaper. NERFing of gems don't exactly help the new players as I suspect many kids won't or can't buy anything. Even that super deal of evo materials yesterday cost 300 gems, new guys don't have those.

For these Master events with older birds, the seasoned players will either have multiple fully evolved versions of the bird OR have something just as good. If it is the case of a new bird, whether we can hatch it is the bigger problem I have to deal with first. And whether it is worthwhile for me to even bother, eg. the Everton footballers.

16. Yeah, that is most likely the plan. But If it is not based on effort, tactics and luck, only longtime players get rewarded and newer ones can never catch up because they will not get any master birds...

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Devils advocate.... You dont NEED master birds at all to advance & be fine.
    But you sure do need Gems & Gold...

Redwing likes this.
  18. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Absolutely. Long Timers have other alternatives to work with, New Players have none. Some newer players in my clan got their 10K by paying their way there, they got stuck by high 30s.

19. RNGesus

RNGesus Hatchling

Yup. As a new-ish player(started around July/August), I can tell thats how it has always been ever since I joined. The first time I ever got to 10k was actually during the previous event mostly because I don't buy in app purchases( like gems).

20. zoziano

zoziano Hatchling

Prestige totem % is a joke, it already cost a fortune before since they upped from P5 to P10, now its costs a huge chunk more but we have even smaller gold resources to pay for it! With the dungeon gold halved and access to them capped at 3 a day with the new arena limit, there is not a chance in hell to keep up with the wide range of birds now needed for events, unless you use gems which we no longer have either! Wtf is the point in this game anymore?! Bluestacks TextNow https://downloader.vip/vpn/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Nyk likes this.