1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Day????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 24, 2018.

1. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

Yeah, noticed that as well. Haven't done any empirical testing. But to me it seems that everything gives less xp to a level 60+ 5* now. It's just below that we see any (small) gains. To me it feels, again - no empirical testing, that it's just low tier birds that have any gains.

There is no more point to this game. Pay cash to Rovio is the only point.

Redwing likes this.
  2. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

The thought occured to me that the whole box that showed the weekly schedule has been removed from the game. It's going to be interesting to see if the double rewards for the weekend are still there. And if so, how will players know that those bonuses are in effect?

Edit: Rovio have clariified coin and key boost remain for Saturday and Sunday. Just like the totem issue, it seems they were in too much of a rush to kick this thing out the door without checking that all 't's crossed and 'i's dotted...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  3. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

New master birds and harder to upgrade is the objective. Thus you will eventually have to spend to quickly upgrade. Events will be harder making the desire to upgrade quicker more likely

4. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

Rovio just updated again, haven't checked - but they said on their Facebook that they fixed the Prestige Totems.

5. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

However, new players to the game get to pick one of the core flock as their starter bird. At that level, the changes actually make progression easier for them. Which ties into what you've said about events and pushing those impulse/desire buttons.

6. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

300 gems for 1200 evo each of the color is not expensive for long time players that have plenty of gems. You are paying that for 30 dungeon trips. New players will be tempted and pull out their credit cards.

7. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Apparently they're offering compensation if you were affected (link they posted for claims - rov.io/support_ABE). Wonder how long it will take them to process it...

8. Epic Buttstomp

Threw a 1-star on a 2-stars I got 18 levels, that is a little bit insane to say the least. 2-stars on a 2-stars I get 18 lvl raised, what am I going to do with the remaining 64%?!??!?! This benefits the new players more. Us timers will just boost a new 5-stars to ridiculous levels faster.

With the low dungeon keys output this just means log jams at lvl 20, 40, 60, 80, 100. I expect an adjustment will come soon.

9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

No, 300 gems isn't expensive for bulk evo of all colours. It's actually pretty cheap when you consider the regular evo deals are 550 and 880 gems respectively (apparently that's discounted prices of 50%/80%) and give you 900/1200 single colour evo, a few thousand gold (1000/3000 from memory) and some Rage totems. However, the other deals are rather expensive compared to what they offer. It's not like SS or Prestige totems are hard to come by these days.

Tigerangels was saying the Bomb version of 'Monday Madness' (happening tomorrow, on Wednesday - madness I tells ya!) is some prestige totems and 7K gold for 1000 gems. Now given winning frst place in Arena nets you 1300 gems and 12 prestige totems (which you can sell for 3000 gold), even the gold conversion, isn't enough to make it an affordable offer. It's inflation due to readily available commodities.

10. Epic Buttstomp

I like them to offer a gold alternative to some of these stuff. As for the arena prize, I question how many in the past managed to get to top 5.

While some complain about lack of SS and prestige totems, I seems to have more than enough too often. More than I can afford to use.

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

That said, it was only two weeks ago that people could just cruise in the top 20 and still earn a reasonable amount of gems for their efforts.

That's my problem as well. Having a small collection just makes it worse. Ergo, converting trophies to gold makes more sense than trying to save them and letting them go to waste. I'm sure Rovio will adjust this at some point, though

12. Epic Buttstomp

You can only buy this once. I was going to get another one but it shows a $$ charging deal that gives 5 silver tickets, 500 gems, 500 evo per color. No thanks.

13. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I finally got the XP day update this morning, and boy does it seem different (and bad, but time will tell). As mentioned above, no reason for level 51 anymore....a lvl 51 4* got me 9 levels on a lvl 40 Bomb while a shiny lvl 20 2* got me 7...and this was just a level 40 bomb...I am thinking it will take forever to level up lvl 80+. Of course I will continue to see if this will work or not, but they do seem to be doing everything they can do to chase the longtime players away...

14. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

I went to bed last night after having leveled Quarterback up to 90. I have a level 60 (unevolved) el Gigante and a level 40 (unevolved) el Gigante. Before I went to sleep the level 60 would have gotten the QB to 100. Now it only levels up 1. Level 40 el Gigante also only levels up 1.

Regrets...

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

so, im not sure exactly what you guys are seeing but I am getting the exact same level up for Prestige as before.
    BUT, i am getting almost no increase for a 51 leveled bird over the same bird at level 1. A level 80 5* used to get 10 levels from a 51 4*, now it only gives 2 levels. SO, that means that all the gold & evo mats i spent to hoard leveled up birds as food is totally wasted (not to mention all my time doing it). Apparently some of my clan are seeing varying results compared to me as well...

ALSO, i lost 2 arena matches this morning due to a new bug. With both of them, when i shot my Chuck (2nd) it took did manage to MY team & killed me. If i recall, both times it was against the same team that had Miffy in a Middle position.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

So, hidden in FB, Rovio stated today that they are aware of inconsistencies in Prestige & recommend NOT using prestige for now while they fix it.

Also, Gold & Key bonus days are NOT changing... (thats good at least).

17. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I'm not so certain that's the case, I used a normal 2-star bird evolved to 20 on a level 60 5-star (both birds in question were the same color) and got 5 levels out of it; doing that again got me another 3 levels. Even on color bonus days that would only have been 1 or 2 levels per fuse before.

18. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

This is what I'm seeing:

Level 90 QB:
    x7 with a level 100 Doris (unevolved)
    LVLup with level 60 Brenda (unevolved)
    LVLup with level 40 el Gigante (unevolved)
    25% with Anger Totem
    45% with Rage totem

P4 Grandfather Frost:
    64% with evolved level 80 Birdstiano
    64% with unevolved level 80 Li'l Pecker
    30% with level 60 unevolved Trey all the way down to Level 1 Ron
    35% for Prestige totem

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  19. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

The monday madness sale was just for 24hrs. Each deal was only a one time deal that unlocked the next deal. It started with Reds deal- 1250 evo mats all colours 300 gems, then Chucks deal- 2k gold & 10 SS totems 500 gems and lastly Bombs deal- prestige totems & 7k gems (cant remember how many p totems). After the 24hrs had ran out they went back to offering the standard $$ sale of either starter, oinktagon or evolution packs depending on if you have bought any before. The pack your describing sounds like the evolution pack.

20. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Apparently its been fixed, any brave soul willing to try it out for us? o_O:D:rolleyes: Discord_abefb.jpg
    Discord_evo_100.jpg
    Discord_evo_cost.jpg