1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Day????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Just went up on ABE FB:

Tired of hoarding all those birds throughout the week? Want some SPACE in your life?? Starting tomorrow we're going to level up! Every day will be an XP day! We're upping how much XP you get from birds, Anger AND Rage totems! Wohoo!

[​IMG]

2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Doesn’t make sense for Rovio to do this. My guess is that eventually it will be equally bad each day to upgrade vice having one good day per week. They will pull the rug from under our feet

3. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Agreed, i dont like where this could be heading...

4. Epic Buttstomp

We need the fine prints for this. Very unclear right now. Not even the Russian blog has anything.

5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Isn’t Rovio scandanvian ... Finland I believe. Thus why does Russia not Europe have the intel on future movements. Guess they subcontract out to Russia or Russia hackers are active. Don’t care either way but find it interesting

6. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

From experience with other multipayer games, it's better business sense for them to try things out on the Russians first. From what I understand, Russian gamers are apparently more tolerant of buggy, work-in-progress releases. And coupled with the rate that digital products get cracked and released over there, it keeps the roubles flowing in if they let them have first look at new game features. It gets really interesting when you're playing a game and people are leaking stuff from Russian PTR that are so brokenly OP, you just know it will never make it to global release.

7. Tigerangels42038

Yeah Rovio are from Finland, Chimera Entertainment are from Germany.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

How does that reduce the # of birds we are hoarding? it will do the opposite?
    It might help a little with the huge reduction of gold costs to level up BUT prestige is still too expensive & thats where most of our gold goes...

9. Epic Buttstomp

Stating the obvious to most of us here. The decision makers at Rovio don't understand how to play the game. They might have created the rules in the first place but they have no idea how the players around the world are playing the game.

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

this one has their stupid "info"

Attached Files:

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Just updated. One Rage totem will get a L1 4* to L17. Under the old system, a Rage totem would have pushed it to L20 if it was the right colour day. However, it's still more than if you tried to use a Rage totem on an a bird's off-colour days. From memory, that was a boost to L14. So make of that what you will. My take is that it isn't any better or worse than the old system.

12. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

You forget the most important part. Compared to color days, the Prestige totem/same color 4* or 5* give way less xp. Which means that it will cost EVEN more gold and totems/same color 4* or 5* to get a bird to a decent PL. I fucking hate this game now. 1+ year of playing, but this is fucking it.

13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It does. The catch is that you'll always need birds of the same colour to get the maximum benefit levelling to L100. With the old system, you'd still get more XP if you tried to fuse a red with a white on the red bird's day than you would if you tried the same thing on yellow day, for instance. I haven't looked at prestige totems yet, but hopefully they've powered up like the other totems.

Edit: Seems from the comment above, the prestige totems have...

14. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

It's the total opposite. The give WAY LESS. PL9 to PL10 they now give a WHOPPING 5%.

5% á 6600 gold. Yeah, that seems fair and good.

Edit: Can't remember what the numbers were before, on the color days that is. But it was MORE than this. And I was in the middle of adding more Prestige Totems to one of my Chucks and this fucking update happened.

15. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

What was it before? I'd be interested to see what L100 to P1 gives, since that was 50% originally.

Sucks that the update hit while you were upgrading. Changes like this, it is nice to let players know what time the update is going to happen so you can get everything done beforehand.

16. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

L100 to PL1 now gives a WOPPING 37%. Meaning it now takes 3 Prestige totems to ge to PL1, were it used to take only 2 on the color day before. So just L100 to PL1 is an additional 1200 gold. PL9-PL10 is insane now, about 130 000 gold - just for PL9-PL10.

17. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

So overall, a better system for new players who want to chase the events. Not so much for more established players.

18. Tigerangels42038

Prestige totem % is a joke, it already cost a fortune before since they upped from P5 to P10, now its costs a huge chunk more but we have even smaller gold resources to pay for it! With the dungeon gold halved and access to them capped at 3 a day with the new arena limit, there is not a chance in hell to keep up with the wide range of birds now needed for events, unless you use gems which we no longer have either! Wtf is the point in this game anymore?!

19. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Level 51 4*s gives 3 levels to the same color Level 80+ 5* instead of 7 levels now :(

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I had little pecker at level 52. I just tested what it would need to get to level 60. Level 51 4* bird yes, level 40(unevolved) yes, shiney evobled level 2* no. Only give 4 level increase. So no advantage to evolve to level 51+ anymore

Redwing likes this.