1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why no Elite Terence this time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witkacy [PL], Apr 26, 2018.

1. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Evening everyone :)

Well... I am disappointed not to see another race for an elite bird :)
    I truly expected some pattern here: new event (even with a character introduced a while ago) -> new elite bird...
    What has happened? So... Terence is not deserving to give him some love and appreciation? Not cool, I have to say...

Cheers,

W

2. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Not like anyone would use him since they all should know by now that Terence is trash. It's pretty much pointless to make a rare and better looking version of a never to be used bird.

3. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Remix :)

I guess you're right, yet this is no Terence's fault that he's like that... Still it's pretty lame to be a 3* bird in disguise of a 5* one, if you ask me... Probably that's why no-one in my clan (beside me) was interested to hatch him anyway...

Cheers,

W

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I have 3 of him. Never wanted even 1...

5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

He is not the worst red bird. Geraldine has that honor. The problem is all original red birds are bad

I am sure we will see many more elite birds. Think they are trying to determine how to maximize profit making with this new status

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, the Matilda winners spent significantly less than the Ricky winners did. I think the chasers realized early on that it was a waste of time and $$ to try competing with the top 3. Therefore the top 3 did not need to push so hard.

Also, after Ricky it was crystal clear that the "elite" bird is just a different outfit/skin. So what's the point really?

7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Practically? None whatsoever, there's obviously no benefit to having one that you would not also get from the normal version. Exclusivity and rarity have an appeal all of their own though, it's why people pay absurd amounts of money for weapon skins in other games, when there is no functional benefit beyond looks.

Elite Terrence obviously didn't happen because the developers know enough about their audience to realize we wouldn't bite - Ricky worked because he was brand new, and Matilda's appeal was so blatantly obvious that we were all surprised when it looked like they weren't putting out an Elite version of her (but then of course they did). Nobody wants Terrence except to complete collections.

8. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Elite birds are the “shiny Pokemon” of A.B.E. Many want it but only few can get it and some people spend all they got try to get their hands on one. Elite Terence would be like a level 100 Shiny Magikarp. He does weak damage and no one would want him.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I think you are giving Rovio too much credit to downplay Terrance. If that were the case, this would have been the perfect time to buff Terrance,
    The first time with Ricky I suspect a lot of players thought it would actually be a different bird & the fact it was a new concept played into the frenzy.

I suspect they either screwed up & forgot to add the elite bird or they figured out that doing it every week would severely reduce the desire of players to go hard after the so called "elite" birds.