1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I DON'T like new pairing system based on "team power" very very much...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witkacy [PL], Apr 8, 2018.

1. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Evening everyone :)

I. Game not challenging before and not challenging now after the change

I get that the change was implemented to make the game more harder and challenging... Cool! No problem with that...
    Some of the umpteenth opponents:
    Tough Op1.png
    Look at the points difference... Sure not matched by them... By level neither...
    I could be like: "OMG! 2 Chucks, 3 Matildas! Are you serious?! I am DONE" :D

No... I was not:
    Tough Op2.png

After playing DOZENS of battles yesterday I can clearly say that this particular change changed NOTHING... Sure I can get now some (at least in theory) tougher opponents, which they turn to be ain't so tough afterall... So is the game become MORE challenging after the change was done? No... Is NOT (in my opinion of course)...

II. Boring as hell...

Again I get that exact opponents who would be "fit" while matched with my birdies may be not so many... But this is NOT my problem afterall...
    Yet I DO find EXTREMELY boring and annoying while paired with the same players over and over again! Some player from Russia for 9 times and some other for 4 times during just yesterday's half a day!

Before while matched by points at least I've met various players, various birds, various set-ups much more often than now... So for today skipped ALL PvP flags and played just pig missions on autoplay to save my time and spend more time outside enjoying the great weather ;)

Cheers,

W

ADBjester likes this.
  2. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

They implemented this change for the lower level/team power players who would exceed their bracket and venture into the champion league and never win the any of the scout PvP battle due the previous matchmaking being based off trophy count and not team power.

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

For reasons unknown I have to be a lot more careful after they made this PvP power level change. Some of the opponents are hard to finish off even with my speedy main team.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, but if you grab the nerfed health-up you still should have a hard time loosing.
    Presumably it is also due to everyone getting stronger lately, so it just takes an extra turn sometimes to finish off a battle.

5. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Don’t forget that you can exploit the game in a way where you can go up against 700 power teams to instantly win.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I'm guessing that involves switching low-level birds onto your team before generating scout PvP events, and then editing the team to put your actual team back into the lineup.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Not in Arena though, there is no way to back out once initiated...

9. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The Arena also doesn't match teams based on their power level, just the number of trophies. Scout PvP battles have an "Edit Team" button option before you hit Fight, so if it generates opponents for you based on the power level of your team as you use scouts, you could game the system by making it search up low level opponents and switching your team out before starting the match. It sounds like too much of a bother to me personally.

10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

The event PvP has been rigged to attain losses. I have a team of five 5* birds. The worse one is PL3. Claude is the leader PL5, two chucks. One PL5 and other one PS4. I lost to opponents with two 4* and 30+ levels below me

My chuck would kill all their birds and move their bar down 2-3mm. Their Carsen would take my bar down by over half12-15mm. I play on iPad only thus the size reference

I don’t mind losing but should at least appear fair. Thus if the system plays to win I’d have lose more before the update

Give you another example. I am level 159 and I have not played the arena much last week so I was around 7500. I was killing time so I played the arena and did the 2x play because I was going up agains a level 80 player and I lost

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I haven't lost in Arena in over a week. It's kind of a shock when it happens anymore...
    But I never run auto play for Arena, the AI is incredibly stupid...

12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Yea but I don’t care about the arena that much anymore. Almost max’d Out in evo material