1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do top players from top clans have Richard in their lineup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wintermute, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

Whats the L33T strat?
    'Splain please :)

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I don't know but I've been seeing a lot of players this week with a random 1* or 2* bird on their team.

3. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wintermute :)

Well... Maybe they do some little trick to LOWER their power team, so can be paired with equal teams during event PvP encounters?

I don't have a Richard, yet could be doing the same with Tiff, you know... Yet... I am no bother to constantly switching Matilda -> Tiff and vice versa ;)

Cheers

W

4. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

If I understand correctly, PvP Teams are matched based on Trophies not Power.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

In the normal Arena entrance, yes. But the new format when they pop up from scouts / events is to match power instead.

6. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The Arena matches are, the randomly generated ones from Scout markers are now based on team power, but those also don't reward trophies so I would discount those as why so many different players are using (and this is key here) fully leveled up Richards.

When you see top players suddenly including a bunch of level 1 random birds on the team, that's almost certainly because they're not actively playing for a bit and so have set their team to be easy to beat, knowing that only similarly gung ho PvP players (ie, probably the ones in their clans) are going to be matched against them. The Richard thing though, that seems like some sort of shenanigans, curious what the reasoning is.

7. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

Few posts later no answers :) now I am really curious.

8. metztli013

metztli013 Super Cool Bird

Richard is used in mpdc. He's flippin amazing. He's like Tiffany but his ss circle fits very pleasingly inside Bombs dome.

9. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

Cool story, but none of the guys I mention have Bomb...
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext!

10. metztli013

Who did they have?

11. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Just encountered another playing with Richard on the team - rest of the lineup is a QB, 2 Chucks, and Frost.

12. metztli013

Hmm. I still say mpdc. Bomb isn't necessary for the team, he just makes it better.
    I have different teams for different things and often I forget to switch teams before going into arena.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

It's not just Richard though. I've seen Kid Yolo & Tiffany (& a few others) several time this week as well.
    You can actually do quite will with Tiffany this week if you are actually having a hard time. I accidentally ran her a couple times after MPDC & it's no problem even with the lower health...

14. gazou208

gazou208 Hatchling

15. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Bette is a very good 4-stars. She is fast with SS ready on 2nd turn. My red dungeon team has 2 Bette. I will take Bette over Terence, Santa, Clauda, Geraldine, etc.

16. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wintermute :)

Since you've been curious and you got me curious as well... So I have asked some wise peps from my clan and this how they told me:

''Players using Richard for hoarding money from battles... Richard+Chuck+Kid Yolo = 400 coins/per battle...''

Are you satisfied now? ;)

Cheers,

W

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

how does that work?

18. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

You place Chuck in middle, Kid Yolo next to it and on the other side of Chuck Tiffany or Richard.

Then you use Richard/Tiffany, on the next turn Kid yolo and then Chuck (in the straight line up). Be aware that it takes 5 turns to make it work, so keep your eyes on health.

And since Kid Yolo spawns coins on each hit in its AOE, and Tiffany/Richard spawn a power up on pig hit in it's AOE, you get a lot of speed up power ups and you can hit many pigs, thus generating coins.

It takes a lot of time. Game freezes with a lot of coins on the ground, but later on they get accounted for. If you are desperate for GP and have plenty of time - try using it. Because this week is perfect for it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  19. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

What if I don’t have Chuck? Can I use Dalton instead?

20. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Yes - it works with Dalton