1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who else was fooled into thinking that they were getting el jefe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwiloganalt, May 29, 2018.

?

Were you fooled?

1. yes

25.0%
  2. no

75.0%
  1. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

I got to the level near the end of the event that looked like it had el jefe as the prize but I only got usless el gigante, really sore as I rushed and pushed upgrading to get powerful enough to get an extra 5*, now I'll have a weaker team for pvp as I have not much left for black day

2. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Maybe its because ive been playing for over a year so i know the lows Rovio are willing to sink too, but not for one moment did i think that was going to be El Jefe lol, I can understand why newer players may have hoped that Rovio had turned over a new leaf and where actually being generous, but ive yet to see them come anywhere close to generous, not when they can monetise 5* birds by forcing players to pay for tickets to hatch them or having them spend fortunes in gems trying to reach 70 in EM :(

3. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

It's so dumb when they say that the birds you get from progressing will help you to go further, to get el gigante you need to have such a good yellow dungeon that you don't want him.

4. Tigerangels42038

Yeah its a bait and switch move that they love to do, if you call them out on it in a ticket there answer will probably be "but 4* birds can be used to further prestige birds so they will help you" or something along those lines anyway lol

5. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

El Gigante and El Jefe are far too similar in appearance, no argument there, but when has the game ever just handed you a 5-star bird for completing a set task? The language for events used to imply that you could get event birds by collecting whatever doodad was associated with that event, but that was never actually the case and they changed it quite a ways back to stress that event participation and collecting event birds don't correlate (except that completing the event rewards you with tickets and whatnot).

As snarky as Tigerangels42038's hypothetical response about the usefulness of 4-star birds might be, it's not wrong.

6. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Rovio have never made it easy to get 5-stars to start with. The few of us who get to lvl 70 in Eagle Mountain probably end up spending some gems to get there, I won't ask how much. Some of us have gotten lucky with silver tickets before (In the original Bomb event last September, I got a shiny Bomb 2nd ticket in), but it is hard to repeat these days. I have went as deep as 28x for Miffy. Go figures.

El Jefe is darker color than El Gigante. If that event goes to level 100, maybe we will see a weak 5-stars.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

DITO...

8. Epic Buttstomp

As with all Free-to-Play games, Rovio will try to get people to pay real $$ for things. Not everybody pays but even a smaller portion pay it will be fine if they have enough players.

9. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Afternoon everyone :)

I always try to believe in this what I am seeing, not what I am expecting... Such approach saved me many times hopes gettin' high and then disappointment, less stress etc.
    So... When I saw big yellow my first thought was: ''El Gigante'', not ''El Jefe''... I was simply sure as the bird which I got before El Gigante, was Darlene - also 4* bird... As for progressing with going further... Yes, they DID helped me as I had fused them with stronger birds of that colour, so I have achieved some progress ;)

Cheers,
    W

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  10. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Epic :)

Which they might LOOSE some if being such enormously GREED to offer event birds EXCLUSIVELY as the prize for best players and so clans... Up to this point it would be even ok and fair... Though if I'd have to WASTE my scouts for nothing in general through the majority of the event in chase of one bird, I am not even sure if he's worth it and if I'll get it anyway - it's NOT COOL by any means, and I am not gonna do that...

Cheers,
    W

11. Epic Buttstomp

I am about to get flamed in this forum again. But who cares!!!

Most of us, regardless of how much we spend with our credit cards buying gems in ABE; we will never catch those so called "Best Players". Not if we decide to stick with our phones and tablets. It has been mentioned before those "Best Players" are usually on emulators running on a computer. Regardless they tend to be ahead of "you" but hundreds and thousands of points within 1 hr of the event start. You cannot catch up to them no matter how much you decide to donate to Rovio unless you play 24 hrs for the whole event while pouring in berries. Even then you cannot beat the speed of those emulators. The "top clans" are probably hard to get in now. Even if you managed to get in you are more likely playing the game to keep your membership than playing for fun. There will be daily requirements (MPDC + clan donations) that will eat into your gems saving operations. All that trouble for a bunch of virtual items?

Rovio will have to get away from the "Top 3" mentality for us average players / clans to have a chance for the special bird. Top 40% more like it. Maybe throw in the requirement of X number of matches for the personal leaderboard.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

They should do away with it entirely (which means they wont) & just put the "elite" birds in EM.
    They would ultimately get more $$ that way & it would seem a lot more fair to everyone...

13. Tigerangels42038

Lol i may have not been in the most Rovio friendly mindset this morning, but to be honest ive had far worse responses from them than my hypothetical one, some of them have been so snarky and condescending ive actually had to reread it several times to make i wasnt misreading it, if youve ever got a response from this particular customer service employee you will be able to guess who it was from lol ;)

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Matys

However, my last 3 responses were from 2 new guys (1 of whom was really cool)...
    Maybe Matys got fired? Or more likely Rovio needed another incompetent employee in the development side... lol

15. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

I have seen you post this a few times and I don’t know where you got this assumption that emulators on PCs are somehow leading to faster gameplay and thus an advantage over those who play on their phones - it’s false. Emulation by default is slower than running anything native and as someone who has tried ABE on an emulator, I can tell you they aren’t anywhere near what you seem to believe they are, most of them are slow and hiccup quite a bit.

Now, don’t get me wrong, there are other factors that will lead to slower gameplay, such as running a dated OS and or hardware on the phone that can make the emulator seem faster, but that’s a different subject altogether and not the main point, but overall, you’re quite mistaken.

16. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Emulators only advantage is less lagg if you don't own a supercomputer in the shape of a tablet, useful if ab gets too laggy at times on your phone, but it's no faster than those who have the fancy phones and live on the right side of the world. Most users of emulators do so because they have puny phones that arnt up to smoothly running games.
    Why are you so against those who use emulators? They were spesificly designed to be identical or less speed, software, hardware and options as a powerful phone, just free and not portable