1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White excavation event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SuzyQ, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

You are smart :)

2. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Suzy :)

But I guess that she will be up for grab... Some mate posted this on our chat:

S__9666563.jpg

Cheers,

W

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I don't know regular Matilda evos yet since I just got her but it looks like one of the Elite evos leaves a damage zone for 2 turns. THAT would be a big bonus for this elite bird compared to Ricky being basically identical...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Anyone know yet who the next event bird will be? I still have several Silver & Gold tickets in my inbox that I could use hoping to get another Matilda or hang onto for a week.

5. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Except it isn't, because that's how the normal version of the Furious Inferno Matilda works. Elite Matilda is, just like Ricky, simply a fancy reskin.

Also it's definitely the top 3 clans as well as the top 3 individual players, I just checked the event leaderboard.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

How come I never see anyone using that evo then? Is magnetize so much better that it still beats the leftover 2 turn zone?

7. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

Magnetize sucks quite wide AOE and kills them.

Other evo just makes flame path - so it is quite shitty and people avoid it or don't use it. So you rarely see that

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Ok, thanks!

9. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

I have Furious Inferno (rank 6) on my original Matilda, works great. My 2nd one I just hatched at 7x will get the other one.

10. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

I'm leaning towards Inferno since staff confirmed that both evolutions have the same AoE. Also if pigs survive magnetize then a Annie, Freedom, QB, or other good yellow and white birds can take advantage of that and kill them easily.

11. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Staff confirmed that in a way that didn't actually answer the question though - we know the beam is the same width (which for maddening reasons is larger than the area displayed while aiming), but what matters is whether or not Magnetize pulls pigs in from outside the beam spread before hitting them. Observation suggests that is the case.

Riedgu likes this.
  12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

:) I'm sitting on my hands, not-so-patiently waiting a few hours for White Day to start so I can level her up. My inventory is literally full with mostly white leveled up shinnies. Really looking forward to clearing out a good chunk of those inventory slots... ;)

I'm going with Magnetize.

13. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Hatchling

For what its worth, my very wise clan leader has Furious Inferno and loves it. So I don't think its a "bad" evo, I think its just a matter of choice.

14. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Oh definitely, "bad" in in the context of Matilda is a choice between "the very best thing there is" and "not quite as good as that" - the bad option is still quite good.

15. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

I will let u guys know once my 2nd Matilda gets to lvl 60 and take the Magnetize evolution. Then I can compare.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I was quite surprised that the Magnetize actually grabs power ups from outside the zone as well. I don't know of any other birds ability that does that...

17. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Iv got Matilda so now the question is how does gaining event birds go after getting first 1? 50/50 1st or 2nd? And is it worth it, got 3 gold tickets and should get Max for event

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Congrats, she is an awesome first 5* bird to get.

I would not normally suggest going for the second bird but in your case, I would go ahead & hope you get a second Matilda. Even if you get a less desirable 5*, you need more anyway & you need some more 4* to choose from as well. I would probably wait until fairly late in the event so you can use some Silver tickets to increase your multiplier before using the Golds.

To answer your question, there is no percentage as to which one you are more likely to get. It's a crap shoot.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  19. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

You may as well go for it, Terrence is horrible but he's still a 5-star bird - you'll always need something to fire first after all.
    Oh yeah, it's pretty great. Have fun figuring out just where her range actually ends, heh.

20. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Her AOE is double what you see before you shoot her SS.