1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White excavation event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SuzyQ, Apr 16, 2018 at 7:17 PM.

1. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Hatchling

Hey guys - I know Matilda is in first slot- which birds are in second and third slots? I assume it will follow as it was in the past.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I don't believe they have shown it yet.
    BUT, second & third birds are for suckers. Chances of getting them is super low & random / luck based.

3. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Hatchling

But I have seen them listed out - should be the same birds/ order as last year- just asking for someone who remembers. I already am well aware of the difficulties of chasing the second and third birds.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I'm not sure there is any reason to assume it would be the same lineup as last time?

5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Don't worry SuzyQ. A.Wolf is a wealth of knowledge, but a little know it all. No harm intended.

It might not be the same as last year

6. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Event advertisement just popped up in-game, #2 and 3 are Terrence and Red.

7. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Hatchling

ugh...terrence

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Ahhh, another late start time... Seems they are trying to shave half a day off the events now to make it a little more difficult.
    Strange to have 2 Red birds as 2nd & 3rd. No "Elite" reward bird this time either.

9. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

Shaving 8 hrs off to be exact. Most of us should be done that 3900 requirements by end of Saturday if not sooner.

All I want is my 2nd Matilda. Stopping after that. Already have 2 Reds and Terence the collector item.

10. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

Red is "elite" bird :D

11. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Which makes the addition of an extra 4 spaces in the White Birds collection tab after Matilda's entries all the more interesting - we may be getting an actual new White bird soon.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Ha. I know your joking, but I meant as a top 3 scores reward like last event.
    I thought they would keep that up since it made them some extra $$...

I thought it was 10 hours shaved off (used to start as 1am for me, now 11am). I am not complaining for me as I always finish a day or more early, but those who cant play as much will feel it.

13. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio can only recycle the same events so much with variations before we hatch them all.

14. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Well when I saw where the extra spaces were, I assumed "Elite Matilda" was just a given.

15. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Hatchling

Can you imagine the frenzy if there were an elite Matilda?

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yup. Fully expected it...

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Sort of, but their core spending audience are the newish to mid-tier players.

Once you have been playing a while & have a strong team, there is little reason to ever be tempted to spend anything. They don't really care about keeping us playing or even being happy with changes if we don't spend. Which is why they keep making changes to try & create a competition frenzy.

18. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Hatchling

I think Epic is on EST time like myself where it used to start 6 AM now 2 PM

19. Epic Buttstomp

That is correct. For the old 6am (summer time) or 5am (winter time) starts I can process some hatching and scouts at breakfast. 2pm is after lunch break hence I have to be sneaky to get some moves in.

20. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

I KNEW IT! Checked the event info for some reason a moment ago, and what do I see in the bottom left corner? EXCLUSIVE REWARDS FOR TOP SCORES - the 4 extra spaces on the White birds collection tab, conveniently placed right after Matilda's entries, are in fact for Elite Matilda. Should never have questioned my instincts.