1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which way with Santa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bird870, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Bird870

Bird870 Hatchling

Same here!

Wintermute likes this.
  2. Desert Song

Desert Song Super Cool Bird

@Bird870 - What mistakes did you make with these two?

3. Bird870

Bird870 Hatchling

With DrP I didn’t go mind control so my gem pig team can only get 40-50 max. With Eddie I went the first one and they buffed the other one

4. Desert Song

@Bird870 - Yes, I am totally hijacking the thread here, but can you explain more about DrP and what a "gem pig team" is please?

5. Bird870

Bird870 Hatchling

You can freeze the gem pigs past their counter using pyramid Eddie and mind control. Here is a video

WilsonTheRedBird likes this.
  6. Desert Song

That's awesome! And it sucks at the same time. Awesome because it's awesome. Sucks because my Probotnik, while he does have mind control, is so strong that he would either kill or nearly kill the gem pig in one attack - AND because both of my Eddie's are already past level 80. I need a new Pyramid Eddie - TIME FOR ANOTHER EDDIE EVENT!!!! ;-)

7. Bird870

Bird870 Hatchling

Hahahaha!!! I use pyramid Eddie without DrP and get about half. I think some of my clan mates use a fully evolved DrP mind control and the cage if they don’t have pyramid

8. PolarBearCabal

PolarBearCabal Tiny Birdy

Just to confirm, the Santa with the devil horns does not get a reduced ss at level 80. When you evolve, you get text saying it will happen, but it’s still 3ss. Which is pretty pointless with a bird like that.

9. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Did you wrote to the support?

10. PolarBearCabal

PolarBearCabal Tiny Birdy

I haven’t. I have had such terrible experiences with them, I figured they’d just insist this was a cool new feature and not a complete screw up. But maybe I should.

11. Greg G

Greg G Hatchling

So it sounds like the trade off "should be" more damage vs. lower SS. Assuming that will be the case once they fix it, what do you guys think makes the most sense. My gut is to stay with SS at 3 since I have others that are at 1 and 2 that can be used before Santa hits his SS.

12. yabo

yabo Hatchling

If it wasn't for the fact that the timers for 60-80 changed, I'd agree with you. They've already "fixed" them. Per their announcements.

13. Greg G

Greg G Hatchling

Not following you.

14. Greg G

Greg G Hatchling

Ok, I see. Level 60 now only takes you to 4. If the weak bird is still the only one that gets reduced further then I think we now have a pretty useless bird. Sigh, wonder if people that upgraded him pre patch had their bird go back up to as of 4.

15. Dan1212

Dan1212 Super Cool Bird

how are people so sloww on these boards........ Its obvious that they designed this bird to have his supershot come out at a timer of 3... Like Dutch, Like billy, Like Murphy..

So when they say they fixed his supershot, all they mean is the old santa at level 60 was doing his supershot earlier than when they wanted him to do it, and at level 80 it will correctly bring him down to a timer of 3. The previous version, at level 60 was a timer of 3, and at level 80 it made no difference to the timer, Despite level 80 always being known for reducing the timer by one for every 4 and 5 star bird. So this is what they mean by they fixed his so called supershot timers. Because every 3 timer bird has a timer of 4 at level 60 evolved. GET SMART PPL.

Now the real discussion is, IS this bird any good and what evolution is the best choice.......

In my clan a guy sent support a ticket asking why the evolution descriptions are the same yet less damage for one of them, and basically they responded by saying oh how devil santa has more locomotion, thus the designers felt it necessary to reduce the damage vs the st nick version for which we know does more damage but apparently less locomotion. That's their so called reasoning. I dunno why they didnt state it in the descriptions, But the difference between the evolution is more Locomotion for the weaker damaging version.

I am yet to get this bird, So I don't know if he's good or not.. Im waiting to see him in action.

My guess would be a B Tier Rating.. About as good as say a murphy..but that is just a guess. Next thing he gives gifts to every pig and whipes them all out at prestige 5. So im waiting to see.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    shengwang likes this.
  16. I'm holding mine at the cusp of evo until the update that makes both ways absolutely horrible but evens out everything else...then I'll make a more informed decision. Best not to evolve what seems the better way only to have the devs ultra-crush the side I choose later on

17. Greg G

Greg G Hatchling

No need to be rude Dan1212. My theory was that since there was no difference in SS but the damage then perhaps the SS timer was going to be the difference. Never heard of this “locomotion” thing. That is the key information that has been missing. Thanks for enlightening us! Assuming locomotion means the horned version launches the pig harder and can give presents to more pigs then it really depends on the final damage numbers and if either one can one shot kill a full health pig with gifts. Interesting.

18. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

P5 let it blow santa here. Timer is 3. Tipsy sparrow in my clan went with deck the halls. Hers is also P5 and the timer is 3. Deck the halls does significantly more damage.

Bird870 likes this.
  19. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Apparently Let It Blow has a lot more knockback damage then Deck The Halls.
    So I was right.

20. Bird870

Bird870 Hatchling

Thank you @DUCK NORRIS ! Nice to meet you here I PvP your team often . Laa-Laa in game

DUCK NORRIS likes this.