1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which scout level is best for Gem Value

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tigerangels42038, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Whats everyone's opinion on Scout Levels?
    • Is it worth going past 2*?
    • Do the lowered timers really make much of a difference?
    • Is it worth keeping it going between events or do you let it drop?
    • What level in your opinion gives the best gem value?
    Its just something we were talking about today, So i thought id just throw it out there lol ;):)

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Personally, I think the scout perk is a total waste of gems. I would never even activate the 4th scout if it were up to me.
    All it really does is give you 1 extra scout per day. If you can play the game briefly every 3 hours there is really no benefit.
    If you really want to pump a bunch of gems into reducing the timer then you gain 2-3 more scouts per day but I still contend that it's not worth it at all, especially for an established player...

If you do open it up, keeping it going between events is even more of a waste.

My new clan has 2 leaders, one agrees with me that we should ignore the scout perk all together & the other leader thinks it should be top priority. There will never be player wide agreement on the issue as it is currently constructed.

Actually, I think all the clan perks are a waste of gems & gold. The possible exception being the health drop which is a big help for less established players & during the more stupid Arena weeks. If the others did not exist, no one would miss them. It was actually one of the few brilliant implementations that Rovio came up with. Players feel the need (or are pressured) to feed the clan by wasting gems on "perks" that don't really benefit them. If every player boycotted them & saved their gems instead, they would probably be happier & it would cost Rovio quite a bit...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  3. Tigerangels42038

Of all the replies i thought i might get, i honestly never thought that would be one LOL :D

I get what you mean though, i just seriously never thought of it that way lol

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Just keeping you on your toes Tiger... ;)

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  5. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

"Some" of the perks of probably a waste of resources, or at least keeping them constantly all maxed out is (most of the initial levels use gold and not gems), but I've long since lost track of how many 4-star birds I've received from the clan eggs and the increased gold perk is immensely helpful; it doesn't seem like much when you look at the numbers from a regular battle because the typical gold reward is small to start with, but run through a dungeon on insane 4 times and you've essentially just done that 5 times (plus a bit extra) when that perk is maxed.

The Scout perk though absolutely costs too many gems for the benefit it provides - unless you were going to spend gems to refresh scouts anyways, in which case having it running means you get 4 scouts for your 150 gems instead of 3, which will eventually add up quite a bit if you're one of those crazy people sinking absurd resources into events to top the leaderboard. For everyone else, that's the one perk I would advise almost entirely avoiding.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, I forgot about the occasional 4* birds from the egg perk. That balances it out enough to be worthwhile...

7. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I seem to actually get more 4* birds through the clan egg perk than from premium hatches...both are fairly rare, but I tend to get one from a clan egg roughly 1 per 10 days; from premium hatches maybe once per 2 or 3 weeks (of course I tend to get many more clan eggs than premium hatches in that time frame).

8. Tigerangels42038

Agreed, i think we have gotten used to having those 2 perks and have forgotten how helpful they are compared to what we got without them. In the old version of clan egg i rarely got a 4* , now i get at least 1 a week. The gold perk is the same, we didn't have any gold bonus before (except gold day), so if you were to tally up how much gold you've made in a week now, then -25% of it, it would add up to a fair amount difference between having it now and when we didn't.

In my clan we keep Buffs, Clan Egg & Rewards maxed, Trophies up to when it asks for gems (Not a snowballs chance in hell am i paying 65x25 gems for 1 extra trophy), Scout we used to just keep between level 1*&2* while it is 30x25, we have levelled it up higher lately but im putting it back down im not seeing any real benefit.

9. Tigerangels42038

How many hours do you get for levelling up scout? Is it 12hrs extra or 1D 12hrs? cant remember and i dont fancy levelling it up just to check lol