1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FyreByrd, Jul 4, 2018.

1. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

First, I like my clan. But....what to do when the LEADER & CO-LEADER are both inactive and no longer playing? You can’t touch them.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

You can accept that you will be significantly restricted if you stay or you can find a clan which will take you and your best players at the same time or just leave for another clan

I was in the same situation once. Ten of us left and created a new clan together. Didn’t work. No one wants to join a new clan. I joined a clan of a member of this forum who does not play any longer and before she almost “quit” she gave me the leadership. Why I am saying this? I like the idea of joining a clan that is led by members of this forum. At least we are dedicated and know the importance of handing over the responseability when necessary

Cowboysfan likes this.
  3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I have a casual clan with members that have lives. We get the top event clan prize once (1st time with new format weeks ago) but we will keep trying. Bunch of grinders along with bunch of slower players. Many are actually real life families and friends, started as some join the clan and asked later whether he/she can bring someone in. I have been in the same clan since I started last June. Founder slowed down and passed the leadership to one of the original member, that person left and passed it to me. There are few old timers left.

PM me. I can get you in today or after the event ends tomorrow. Let me know which way you want.

4. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Tiny Birdy

I am currently in a clan that is in this position. Another Elder left recently to form his own clan because he was fed up with the leader and co-leader not being around, but has not been able to get more than 3 members to come over. I keep getting invites to the new clan, but I would not leave a level 16 clan for a level 3 clan. No one in my current clan chats, but I am good with that as I have no desire to interact with others in this game (altho I do see the benefits of coordinating/warning/rallying through chat, but alas, no one does that...except for the guy that left). Anyway, I would love to have more active/supporting clan members, but I also don't really want to be bothered with housekeeping (I DID actually kick someone who was inactive for over 3 weeks). There are also only a very few who contribute regularly, but I don't like the idea of making quotas...but some sort compromise would be helpful.

The Solution I would LOVE to see is to have a way of bypassing the leader/co-leader after X amount of time inactive. Could be months, and also come with email warnings or something, but if there were a means to taking over a clan, the other elder would have stuck around...maybe I could find a way to bring him back if I could offer him this clan somehow...

Cowboysfan likes this.
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Come join us. There are few fairly inactive new members that I will kick to make room if necessary. We have few elders that are very active to keep their eyes on things. Send my your game name and I will send you a clan invite.

Given we are a casual clan, if people want to go on vacation they just need to let us know. The ABE game chat is bad but I have a FB group and a Skype group also, either will be fine.

6. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Tiny Birdy

I appreciate the offer, but I neglected to mention that I also feel a tad responsible for this clan as I am also one of the bigger earners, so I am not yet at the point where I am going to bail on them...there IS always that option if I get to that point, so thanks. (my in-game name is the same as my forum name).

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  7. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

Vote for a new leader and send it to support

8. Epic Buttstomp

If you think it is that simple to get the clan chat to work, then I suspect you haven't use it yourself. iPads seems to see all the conversations but some disputed that in my clan. Android seems to miss most of the stuff most of the time. Assuming you get past the chat issue, not everybody will respond to the chat. And some of them may be speaking another language.

The OP has 2 choices: Hang around the clan and accept the situation. Quit and go elsewhere.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  9. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

I’m on iOS

10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I sent you an invite. Think you will enjoy our clan. Wait until the event is over if you want

11. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Tiny Birdy

Thanks, but I am not at that point yet...who knows if or when I will get there, or I may even get to the point I just bail on the game altogether!! But I am in no immediate rush to do anything at the moment...stay tuned...