1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to level up birds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PIGGOD, Feb 19, 2018.

PIGGOD Hatchling

Hi, as the topic says - what is the best way to level up birds? I level up x2 exp birds to lvl20 and then evolve once?
  2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Only evolve in color days. Level shiny 1-2* birds and then merge into the 4-5* birds. Do 3* shiny in desperate times. Not worth the evolve expense normally
  3. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

It's better to use shiny 3* than to level up other feeding bird past level 40.

But yeah, 3* doesn't give that much as 1* and 2* shinies combined but cost the same evo mats

Also if you have extra shiny totems, use them on shiny birds and sell normal birds by leveling them once.

So you save some birds by using totems. You get extra evo mats by selling levelled birds and you save coins.

Using shiny totems on 4* or 5* birds doesn't give that much exp and cost a lot of coins
  4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Tiny Birdy

What is a Shiny totem? Do you mean Anger totem?

Also, leveling any bird to 51 will nearly triple it's value over level 50. So, if you have a 3* shiny & get it up to 51 before feeding it to a strong bird, you will save a lot of gold & birds. 4* & 5* birds at 51 give a ton but it does take a lot of evo material to get up to 51...
  5. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

How many levels 3* shiny 51lvl give to 90lvl 5* bird?

B3cause I use maybe 15 shinies (1* or 2*) to get from 80 to 100th level.

How many birds I would need to feed to 3*shiny to get to level 51. I
    So until I see a math - I will go my way
  6. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

I personally feed two regular 60s to my 80s to get them to 100.
  7. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

Which tier are birds?
  8. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

Oh right, 4 star.
  9. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Tiny Birdy

When I am trying to get a bird up there, I will throw anything I have to level it up. I have thrown level 40 & 60 5* birds at high level birds to get them done...mind you I will only typically use birds I have duplicates of when I am using 5* or 4* birds.

I also regularly level up 1-3* birds to 20 or 40 so I can use them as level up material.
  10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Tiny Birdy

If your going to bother using any lv 40 bird, you should get it up to lv 51 first. The value jump from a 50 to 51 bird is staggering. Just a strange quirk in the leveling system...
  11. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

I finally thought about why there's a massive XP jump from 50 to 51.
    So, long ago, before levels were 20/40/60/80/100, the levelling system used to be 20/50/P.5.
    So, that means at level 50, you picked your super evolution.
    So, knowing this, I'm starting to think that Rovio forgot to change the XP values around.
    Riedgu likes this.
  12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

What is the rush. I know getting a new bird isn’t exciting but rushing causes you to do rash things

Use anger forum to level 20. Charge. Use anger forum to level 40. Charge. Then use shiny one to three star birds evolved to charge to 60. Evolve. Then use level 40-60 level 4 Star birds to upgrade