1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the advantage of fast type birds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwiloganalt, Apr 17, 2018.

1. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

I can't understand how speed is an advantage, does it mean that it rictotes a few more times?
    Is whatever advantage big enough that it's best to go with Doris fast or is Doris strong's tiny extra damage better?

2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

If you have a lot of power ups a fast bird can be good. But my opinion is that mostly they are not that great. Chuck of course is the best bird but his speed is not the line reason. The vacuum plus speed is the reason

QB is good but mostly because of the multi bird effect

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Go with the strong version, the advantage of the faster super shots is that yellow birds (technically also blue ones, and anything else that isn't using a super shot) keep on going until they run out of inertia, so by starting faster they go on slightly longer before running out of speed. But in Doris's case she has such low base damage that trading extra damage for a slightly longer travel time is probably not worth it (neither of her evolutions is bad though). There's only two birds with a fast versus strong version (Doris and Brenda) and the difference for both is pretty minimal (Cyril is the only yellow bird where the extra speed is actually a factor to consider, and that's intrinsic to both versions (and reliant on having fans to hit, which can transform his performance from being tied for absolute worst 5-star yellow bird to actually pretty good)).

Most of the time when you see people on the forums talking about speed what they actually mean is how fast a super shot is ready, not the literal speed of the birds movement once fired.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

kiwiloganalt,
    With so many nearly identical / redundant questions the last couple weeks, did you ever take our initial advice of reading through a couple of the "guides" & informative threads on the forum? You seem paralyzed by wanting to progress perfectly which prevents you from actually PLAYING. You are creeping along at a snails pace which is fine if that makes you happy but you are missing out by not getting MPDC open.
    A couple days of playing Normal instead of Insane is no big deal at all...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Getting in MPDC is a high priority these days. Getting a decent clan is another thing you need to do ASAP. You miss out a lot when you don't belong to an active clan.

Most if not all of us suffered much worse when we started the game and have to test out things ourselves without any guide. Only now when I get my son and wife started in the game I can teach them how to do it right on their 1st goes. Even that is not easy as powerful enough keepers are hard to come by.

6. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Really want to further stress that unlocking MPDC should be your top priority as a new player, over and above maintaining the ability to do scout marker battles on Insane; having to switch to Hard or Normal for a while means you get less rewards, but MPDC is the only reliable source of Super Shot Totems. Every day you spend without access to MPDC is a day you're missing out on 1-4 Super Shot totems, when you factor in the 10 from the Clan rewards that's as many as 38 totems you could be getting each week.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

He has been told this many times already...

8. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

I looked at all the guides I could find but they had not much useful info on the topics iv asked about, some of them iv found info elsewhere after posting by accident but I always check if I can find answers from a guide before asking forums. Good clan and major pecking I'v got now