1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to pvp battle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bloodkry, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It really doesn't though, I've changed exactly nothing and I win every battle anyways; the increased pig health just makes all the matches take longer on average. That in itself is reason for some people to complain, personally I don't mind it too much, the problem as I see it is that this particular tweak makes PvP less fun in a way that might not be immediately obvious.

Quadrupling the health on the pigs means that super shots that used to clear the entire board now barely scratch things - but you can still kill them; I actually think we might have got less complaining if they tried the Invincible pigs rule right out of the gate, because at least then you would actually have to adjust your strategy. Now, the same tactics work, just not as well, and your team that you've spend however many dozens of hours improving feels weak and under-powered.

Sandini likes this.
  2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I agree. i guess what I meant was that normally PvP is/was mindless. I just lined the pigs up and let two Chucks kill them all and if it got tough then Claude would bring them all back to life.

I never changed my team or at least rarely. This time I use pigs that either turn them around (Frost) or push them to the other side. For the first time Chuck is not the king bird. Of course, you still win. Until they create a 6* bird everyone is going to win who has played for at least 6 months or spent A LOT of money. The only PvP I have lost in month's (that were not self created by horrible play on my part) has been during the last min-event where I was getting destroyed by significantly worse teams than mine.

I do agree that it take a lot longer and the auto-play does not work very well. Thus, I imagine that most people who use to let auto-play push them to the max scores will not be able to do so. Wonder if the totals will begin to decrease?

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Rovio needs to find ways to keep the game challenging for those of us with the "dream teams" of birds all in prestige. Quick or Auto play everything will make the game boring.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

BUT, they actually made it much easier to win PVP this week (it just takes longer to win).
    I haven't come anywhere close to loosing a battle yet & have even started using AUTO to run against teams that don't use Claude & Wide QB(s).

PVP hasn't been challenging at all since they buffed that clan health-up. Most established players are winning 99+% of the time now. The challenging part is wanting to bother with the monotony of grinding so many battles...

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

What challenges you in this game?

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Nothing much anymore...
    Which is why I really want some higher level content & new creative daily challenges that forces us to use ignored birds.

7. Epic Buttstomp

I guess time to bring out the unlimited waves MPDC with those oversized boss pigs at turn 8 and up. Not just 1 but multiple of them at the same time. The playing field is full of obstacles, force fields and gates.

8. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I agree. I only play to collect new birds. If it were not for the clan I would probably just play a little bit. For some reason I feel motivated to play for people I have never met and really don't even know their first name

A. Wolf likes this.
  9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

LOL, yeah... we are all suckers. :rolleyes:

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

29983287_2048255835497608_1686347941558893457_o.png

They did not bothering to explain what was going on until a few hours ago. Well after the change & then acted like everyone should have been well aware of it...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So, looks like they are already going to be tweaking due to a lot of backlash...

12. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Frost is particularly useful this time for pvp! All those that complained he is useless in killing pigs, he is better than chuck this week! Easy victories haha

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Meh, I'm having an even easier time this week & my team is still 2 Chucks, 2 QB's & a Black bird for filler.
    But, I can certainly see his benefit under this format for sure. I just don't need him with who I have...

14. Epic Buttstomp

They key this week: you need to able to get to those green hearts easily to outlast the other side. The are crap on the field at times that will deflect yellow birds.

White SS works better. Maybe you want to use 1 of your QB for 1st shot and keep that black ready just in case you need to get the green hearts.

15. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

With you so far...
    ... what? No there isn't, there's nothing to deflect yellow birds in the arena at all. In scout PvP battles there are sometimes obstacles, but the increased pig health rule isn't applied for those.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yes, but that is not unique to this week at all. It is always the case unless you finish in 2 turns.

Also, I agree there are NO obstacles in the main Arena this week. But even when there are battles like that, they do not really affect my yellow birds enough to switch them out for anyone else...

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Anyone else get the pop up survey about the Arena changes today (right after the daily reset)?

18. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I haven't, no. I hope there was an option to point out that boosting the regular pig's health from 7.4k to 74k was adding just way too much health, because it definitely is.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I got it after the first arena I played immediately following the reset yesterday.
    They asked if I know about the changes Before they happened & if so, how did I find out.
    Asked which format I preferred.
    Then there was a segment where I could add "suggestions & ideas" for the arena.

They clearly got a crap ton of backlash this week with most players having no idea what was going on...