1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to pvp battle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bloodkry, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Bloodkry

Bloodkry Tiny Birdy

I can't seem to destroy/kill the pigs in pvp battle like I use to. Everything was fine until today. What happened?

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Check the special rules - they turned on "greatly increased pig health" this week.

3. Bloodkry

Bloodkry Tiny Birdy

I've been clicking on that several times since the recent update and nothing was shown until now.

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I think some of the super high scores in weekly arena probably forced this change of PvP rules. Too many "round winning kills" with Carson, Zain, etc. Arena PvP is now down to "who can do the bigger blast" with no skill needed. This new rules will force you to think like you used to back then with a weak flock. How can push everything over the line, keep them there, get the healing drop, and outlast my opponent.

My main team has no issue dealing with it although the games last longer. Maybe I need bring out my Reds and Bettes to see whether they can kill those super pigs.

5. Bloodkry

Bloodkry Tiny Birdy

I enjoyed demolishing the pigs with the quarterback and they took that away. The game is no fun anymore.

6. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

They added some changes. each week there will be new challenges :)

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I've been actually killing several pigs with wide QB. By the time I get to my 3rd shot some of them are weak enough to be finished off...

8. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

unless you're unlucky enough to get an opponent with claude as the leader...

9. Epic Buttstomp

Arena has been too easy for many people for too long, myself included. You end up with these super high scores in arena where the top positions are more than double of everyone below. Make it tough please so my flock really need to work at it.

Rovio: when will you make the dungeons and wave battles harder?

10. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I really don't think the addition of new rules is going to do anything to change that, considering I'm one of those folks and I have literally had a 100% success rate in my PvP matches so far; all quadrupling the pigs health has done is make the matches take longer to finish.

At best making the arena more difficult might cut down on the number of people posting ridiculous end of week totals, but it's certainly not going to stop anyone from achieving them if they want to.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Exactly, I haven't come close to loosing one yet. It's actually easier now, just takes slightly longer. Mostly because the AI's turn usually ends up helping my team or does nothing to hurt me since they don't kill any pigs.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  12. Epic Buttstomp

Bomb will start by a simple kick on whoever it can get at. Then my 2 Chucks at position 2 + 4 will hurt and suck whatever pigs to the enemy side. I usually launch them straight up. Matilda usually needed on 3rd move to grab the green heart but that is a game time decision. Dr P can be used at 3rd turn on to grab the green heart and attempt to control a pig. I still win most of my games. Sometimes it takes 3 turns and most are done by 5, few need a 2nd go around.

All these ridiculous scores in arena are begging Rovio to do something. It is very frustrating for the others in the same room.

13. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

And hey, if you think this won't do anything;
    wait until you see other special rules. After all, this is a new feature.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

This is directly from Rovio's Facebook about the update.

I don't see anything here that is really going to change things up or make anyone happier with the game.
    The biggest one to me is the "more crowded leagues". That one is certainly going to frustrate a lot of mid-tier to upper mid-tier players...

15. Ikwachi

Ikwachi Hatchling

All this change is doing for me is making me angry. I used to play on and off through the day and averaged 12,000 pvp points a week. I still win battles but it takes so long I just don’t have the time for it. Not everyone can spend hours a day on this game. So I think I am going to have to quit playing and move on to a game that isn’t so intent on screwing their customers by changing rules and weakening birds that we payed real money to aquire because they were powerful. “Were” being the operative word.
    Goodbye Rovio, I am done with your money grabbing antics. All you continue to do is make this game impossible to really enjoy.

16. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Well, considering this is a new change and this is only for this week (and will probably appear in other weeks down the line), people are already frustrated with it and they haven't even seen the other game-changer rules yet.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yup, they make easy changes (seemingly without thinking about them first) so they can act like they are listening to the players & doing something about it. When really, they need some radically new content & REALLY need to fix all the bugs.
    It's just Cheap & Lazy work.

18. Epic Buttstomp

Honestly most of Rovio recent bigger Angry Birds titles aren't exactly meant for casual players. AB2 can be casual if you just play the levels and avoid the arena. AB Friends usually mean competing with someone.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Wouldn't it be nice to have another Tier or 2 in Arena? Maybe 12k & 20K or something like that...

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I don’t understand you guys. The only challenging part of this game is PvP. Also a part of the game that does not require spending money. At least not directly. This week event forces you to experiment with your birds to find ones that works best.

I do wish they had more tiers but I don’t mind the current arena changes. I don’t like the fake PvP changes in the main board PvP