1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what birds are worth it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwiloganalt, Apr 8, 2018.

1. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Iv got my current 3*s in attached pictures, havnt got 4*s yet which do I lvl and which are just fodder for the good 1s? S80408-16562455.jpg S80408-16571197.jpg S80408-16572132.jpg S80408-16572979.jpg S80408-16573876.jpg S80408-16574725.jpg S80408-16575957.jpg

2. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Got another Wade and Cletus

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Personally, I ended up starting with mostly Black birds & did get lucky to acquire a 5* Eddie & 4* Carson during a Dec event after 2 weeks of playing.

Anyway, I am really out of touch with who are the better 3* birds at this point but I do recall Black & White birds being better than Red & Blue in the Arena, Yellow is pretty good as well.

A few things if you don't already know...
    1) When you get a bird to level 40 & evolve it, the Super Shot (SS) Timer drops by 1.
    2) Typically, the higher the SS timer the more damage the bird will do.
    3) While using 3* birds you should mainly focus on strengthening 3 birds (shots 3-5).
    4) Really read the SS descriptions to decide who you want to use.
    5) Pick your team leader according to who will benefit your team the most (they don't need to be your best or strongest bird, just who's ability as leader is best for who you are playing).

The first bird you shoot is always sort of a throw away but the more pigs you hit, the more damage the next bird will do. It does not need to be very strong but speed is good. Since I don't think there are any 3* birds with a SS timer of 1, your second shot is again to attempt hitting as many pigs as possible & get them on the other side. Then, you want to have 3 birds with super shots available. So, you want to have a 2SS bird, a 3SS bird & a 3SS or 4SS bird to hopefully finish the battle with. These should be the birds you focus on beefing up some. Don't waste recourses leveling up a bunch of birds that you wont be using in a few weeks...

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

Don't get attach to any of them. Level 40 is the highest you want to go with them for now. 3-stars have no place in the main flock in the long run. Certain 4-stars are worth to go all the way to lvl 100 and beyond.

My wife started last weekend and son started almost 3 months back. For someone like me who started back in June last year, new players are in for hard time these days. Wife especially gets attached to these lowly 3-stars birds, so I suggest she keep them in dungeon teams after.

Stock up gems or try to get a 10x gold ticket from event.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  5. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

In the long run, no 3-star birds are worth focusing on, but there IS one exception, albeit a conditional one, and the good news is you have the only 3-star bird worth holding onto (that isn't filling a slot on a dungeon team until you replace it with something better) - Dalton is actually quite useful if you don't have Chuck, when used in combination with the 2-star bird Tiffany (you should hold onto one of those).

Once you've unlocked Major Pecker's Daily Challenge, having a yellow bird that can pull pigs in while dashing back and forth through the cheering zone that Tiffany's super shot leaves behind is immensely useful; the zone generates a power-up EVERY time a pig is hit, so as long as speed power-ups get generated and collected, combos can go on for ridiculous numbers of hits, and all the health power-ups generated mean your team will almost always be at full health.

Once you have a Chuck you can just throw Dalton away, but until that point he fills the role that Chuck does in MPDC.

6. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Glad to hear Dalton's good at something, he sucks at pvp, pushes pigs over to my side more times than not

7. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Glad to hear Dalton's good at something, he sucks at pvp, pushes pigs over to my side more times than not

8. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Wouldn't the white duck looking 1 with a pulling in supershot be just as good?

9. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Wouldn't the white duck looking 1 with a pulling in supershot be just as good?

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

NO, this particular Daulton/Tiffany combo is only good for MPDC, not PVP. You do need either Daulton or Chuck to take advantage of it...
    Reason being, yellow birds pass through pigs & hit them each time. White birds hit with 1 large hit.
    The combo in question relies on multiple hits in a small zone with a bird that sucks pigs in to the center. Again, only effective in MPDC, so no need to worry about it yet. Just keep 2 Daulton & a Tiffany for future use...

11. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Glad I can find a use for the 3 Dalton's I evolved before I found they sucked at pvp, what other birds should I keep for mpdc ?

12. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Glad I can find a use for the 3 Dalton's I evolved before I found they sucked at pvp, what other birds should I keep for mpdc ?

13. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Now the question is what do I do for upgrading yellow? Upgrade my 2nd Dalton from 20 or upgrade my 2nd rod from 7 or inch forward on 1 of the 1s in my current team S80410-16295400.jpg

14. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

Stop wasting materials. Leave this flock the way it is and wait for the 4 and 5 stars birds. They will all go to the dungeon teams down the road and probably being used to evolve the stronger birds.

If you play storyline conservatively you should be able to play Insane or at least Normal for a while.

15. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

So it's better to hoard gold and ev material than to use 1 days worth of rss to produce out of nothing this bird? S80411-21421830.jpg

16. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

You spent evo material on them. Gold is easy to get, evo mats - not so.

Gold shiny - sell. If it's 4* or 5* - keep
    Silver shiny - level up once, evolve and feed to 4* or 5*

17. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Evo mats are easy to get, currently have enough to get a yellow 4* to lvl 60 and full on keys even though I used crazy amounts yesterday. R u saying to save up till I get a bird I don't even have to lvl 80+?

18. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

Save gems for 1350 golden ticket.
    Be active on the event to get extra golden ticket.

When you have at least 3 golden tickets and 20 silver - go for a bird (so better wait Matilda's event). Matilda's event will be on 18th

Then you will need materials.
    5* - 600 for 20th level, 900 for 40th level, 1300 for 60th level, 2250 for 80th level ,4500 for 100th level
    in total 9550 evo mats.

+ evo mats for evolving shiny birds.

So I always save evo mats to have at least 2k of each (I play 5-6 months).

With 1350 gems ticket you are guaranteed 4* bird - so save evo mats for them and hope to get 5*

19. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Iv got 23 silver tickets, how do I decide how many to use to make shore I don't overflow and miss out?

20. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

25 is max. Use the 25th and then keep playing

Epic Buttstomp likes this.