1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varying level layouts by player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BJSpack, Nov 30, 2018.

1. BJSpack

BJSpack Hatchling

During this event as well as others in the past it has been noted that the level layout for each player is not the same. During this event the most challenging layout by a wide margin is the one where you have the gate. During my play through I had the gate on levels 80, 81, & 85 (also others earlier on), while others have said they only had it once during those last few levels on level 81 for example. On every other layout on levels 82 - 84 I never lost a single time, but on the ones with the gates I lost a lot, over 100 times.

The reason this bothers me is because we are playing in an event where we have to compete with other players for rewards, and for the players who were fortunate to not get the gate levels like I did they were given an unfair advantage on the leader boards. All of my losses cost me over 60,000 points that others get, not because of skill or effort or time or anything, just because it was given to them randomly.

It is okay to make it a challenge, but I would say make it the same challenge for everyone, don't give some an advantage over others.

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

For those of us who fear that we cannot complete the personal event, we will stop advancing when we start getting stuck. Go 1 level down and use Quick Play to get the personal event done before continuing. Unless you are going after those "highly involved players" at the top of the world wide leaderboard, there is really no reason to go that much beyond the personal event requirements. If you want to help out the clan you can go for more. Then you go back to grind out those levels. You will have to have a very bad team or complete lack of play time to not complete personal event requirements in this latest Event format.

I agree random layout is a big issue. I have 3 players in my household and we don't get the same thing all the time. My wife once play hers and son's iPad the same time side by side from level 1 on, she said they layout varies. By having this random layout Rovio is preventing us to develop YouTube videos to teach others how to beat them. Evil but good tactics to challenge us diehards.

As for this event I have "3 pillars" for lvl 83, "zig zag force fields" for lvl 84, and "open field with green rock at bottom right" for lvl 85. I have came across the "Gate of Hell" about 2 times at the lower levels.

Nyk likes this.
  3. BJSpack

BJSpack Hatchling

The event would have been easy with Master Claude, but unfortunately it took me to 21x to get red and 18x to get freedom and I am currently at 4x towards getting Claude. For those who were fortunate enough to hatch him in less than the 220 + however many more it is going to take me to get him that also helps. Unfortunately the hatching worked against me this time too.

Did you know that based on the escalating multiplier odds they publish that there is only a 0.7% chance that you would get to 21x and then 18x back to back? Said otherwise only 7 out of 1000 times that should happen, but yet somehow it continues to happen to people all the time??

4. Epic Buttstomp

You don't need Master Claude to finish 85. It maybe easier with him for certain setups as 200K health means you can take some hits and keep going. I finished 85 last night and magically Master Claude showed up this morning in a regular silver ticket hatch.

Forget the hatching statistics. It means nothing really. I have been playing this game since public launch June 2017.

Nyk likes this.
  5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, the displayed hatch chances are as much of a lie as the "discount" % they show you on purchases.
    Rovio has proven over & over again they have zero concept of basic math & they are more than happy to flat out lie to their customers to the point it is taught to its employees...

Redwing likes this.
  6. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

I personally don't have an issue with the randomized layouts, yes some people get easier layouts in the levels than others but to me that is no different than the fact that some people have better and higher leveled birds than others to take on the levels. The game is not intended to be where everyone has the exact same everything regardless of how you get it or end up with it. I mean how many times have we tried to help others achieve success, asking if they have this bird or that one only to be told no. You work with what you have at any given point, if you succeed great, if not beef up your birds and hope you have better ones for the next time.

Everything about this game is luck of the draw, layouts, hatches, all a gamble and all you can do is hope RNGesus is on your side.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That is fundamentally true... BUT, it is incredibly unfair to have some of us get 4-5 gates of hell layouts in the last 10 levels or so & others have NONE. I dont mind it being random to some extent but it should rotate or shuffle to a point where lets say the last 10 levels give everyone 2 each of the 5 possible layouts at some point...

Redwing likes this.
  8. BJSpack

BJSpack Hatchling

I disagree, it is not random what birds you have, it is a direct result of the efforts you have put in to the game previously

Also, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the random layouts if there weren't rewards for higher placement on the leaderboards, but since there are making it harder for some people to get there than others seems wrong to me

9. Greg Nixon

True, and that would be a decent compromise, but reality is that even if we all had the exact same layout every time, there would still be those that couldn't beat them. Whether it be because they don't have the optimum birds, or they do but their levels, positions, or order they were fired at whichever pig is not quite where it is best suited, or the pigs don't quite bounce around and stop in a prime spot. While skill is helpful, this game has always been about luck. Even people like you and I Wolf, ones that have hatched or obtained pretty much every bird, and I still have every evo of all mine in the inventory and for the most part all prestiged, sometimes just have issues for a bit in varying parts of the game.

In my opinion, the last wave of tier 15 in the skill challenge was more of a hassle than any of these event layouts have been. And with that everyone has the same layout, same pigs, I even had the birds that the handful before me had beaten it with, but it wasn't until I got them sufficiently leveled, and at higher levels even than those that had conquered it, was I able to beat it. They were lucky enough to do it with lesser enhancements, and truly the luck of the finger flick.

10. Greg Nixon

I didn't say your birds were random, I said not everyone necessarily has the same birds or even if they do enhanced to the same level. That is and always will be the first issue, and why some get further along than others with less issue, regardless of the layouts. And yes that is in direct correlation to how much time, effort, money perhaps, and luck you have or have pumped in during your stint in the game.

I had the gates on some, and had no issue with them using the birds I went with. Others will or likely have using the exact same team. It is what it is, you play, you tweak, you upgrade, and if you're lucky enough you finally best whatever issue you face. Now in regards to the rewards on the leaderboards, well that's nothing more than an attempt to rake in cash, and regardless of everyone having the same or not there will always be those individuals willing to spend money just for a meager rewards and bragging rights. You were in my clan, you know that I could care less about those top ten rewards because the game us supposed to be about having FUN not spending FUNDS lol

11. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Was just about to comment that lol.
    At the end of the day (i feel like ive been using that a lot lately lol) it doesnt matter how many points having a certain layout costs you, you are NEVER going to beat the credit card warriors at the top. UNLESS you are another credit card warrior.

Redwing and Nyk like this.
  12. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

Well, if you had the gates of hell on 85 as I did, Master Claude was the key. If just only for the health bonus, since the first wave was very harsh (and the medium pig blocking the fourth pillar). I'm sure it's possible to beat it without Master Claude, but I couldn't.

13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I'm at the point that I'd happily part with 50 gems to reroll for a different layout. Unfortunately, this is Rovio we're talking about, so I could see them implementing it as 200 gems for the first reroll. This gives you either Gates of Hell or 3-Pill, depending on your current layout. Subsequent rerolls double in price and alternate between the shittiest, most frustraing layouts until you run out gems and purchase a pack. After this, the RNG lowers a fraction of a point in your favour.

feffe likes this.
  14. Epic Buttstomp

FYI. Rovio have recently allowed re-roll of the available 3 birds in Angry Birds 2. Certain layouts (random also) in AB2 are downright impossible unless you have certain birds on hand.