1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

update 1.18 available for download

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, Apr 26, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

What is the point of the 8000?
    They should have just done like 12000 & 20000...

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

There's a substantial number of people who get to the 7k mark and then each week barely increase that number (with the expanded league size it's even easier to see that happening, check the bottom places in yours), which with the current system means that they always, without fail, lose horribly. Now all those folks who get to 7k and then don't ever quite break the 8k mark are just competing with each other.

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

But they only have to get there once (super easy) & then it's the same old thing. Also, that will happen at every level.

I am assuming that level 7000 will still be there, if not then it's fine to replace 7000 with 8000...

4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The top tier of Champions being at 7k is not changing, no.

Sure, reaching 8k bumps you up to the next tier, and you'll either stay there forever or continue on further provided your end of week score does not actually go backwards, but the problem that adding more divisions is solving is that you have the folks who just barely clawed and scraped their way to the 7k mark then competing from week to week with players who routinely have end of week scores of 34k+. You wind up with a small sub-section of the pool who just always win each week unless they randomly get paired up with each other.

14k doesn't seem all that high of a threshold to set the new top end at, but if you make it to that point, you're not a typical player in the Champions division now: out of the 50 players in my league this week, there are exactly 7 of them with a score that would place them into the Legends III when the week ends, 5 with a score that gets them into Legends II, and only 3 that would be placed into Legends I (the patch notes list those backwards by the way).

There are of course 2 more days in the league, so I expect a few more players will reach those points, but more than half won't - when next week league starts, they'll be in a league filled with their actual competition.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

This week is the most aggressive week I have seen across the field. Half the 50 will be above 14k, the top 11 or so will be above 20k & top 3 will be at least 30k.
    I'm not complaining about the concept at all, in fact I suggested it to them in a couple surveys. BUT, I just think they did not spread it out as much as they should have to separate the players...

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So, anyone else experiencing a lot of glitches & bugs after the update?

1) I am seeing a tiny bit less "pull" from my Chucks & Matilda.
    2) Killed pigs sometimes stay on the field for multiple turns (I have seen as many as 9 at once).
    3) Freezing at least 1 out of 20 battles which makes me loose that battle after resetting.
    4) Totally inconsistent health damage to my team & to the opposition. Sometimes I kill all the pigs & little to no damage is done to the team health at all. Then the next turn I receive a huge damage hit no matter how many pigs they kill. Seems as if I am getting the damage I should have just done to them...
    5) 2nd run of MPDC wont allow AUTO function (2 days in a row so far).
    6) Lot's of freezing, slow downs & crashing. Just getting worse by the hour...
    7) No scout marker flags anywhere after logging in.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Seen 2 and 4. For #4 it is more prominent when you are playing with a weak team.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

They extended the event 8 hours or so (hoping that will be enough to appease most players) & obscurely mentioned some sort of undecided compensation for those who put in a ticket (eventually, due to back log & volume).
    What a cop-out, cheap ass way to screw people out of missed rewards & lost resources. My last ticket took 8 days for response & that was not as much of an issue as this was, so I cant imagine how long this will take. They could have just done a mass compensation so as not to trog through many thousands of tickets 1 by 1 but they would rather save an imaginary penny or 2 & take a week+ doing it...

9. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

All of theese exept MP 2nd I'v thought might be the case, and if it's only 1/20 Crashes your extreme lucky, depending on time of day it can be as bad as 9/10 nowadays

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

That ws before it got really bad yesterday...

11. Momelmac

Momelmac Hatchling

I use Billie with double power up punch in MPDC and in the red dungeon and I'm not getting powerups after critical hits every time.