1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsk96m, Jul 2, 2018.

1. dsk96m

dsk96m Hatchling

What would be awesome is if they would create a trading post where users can sell or trade items they have. Like for me, I would trade a lot of my black evo material for another color bc I dont need black and I'm maxed out, but really need other colors. Or you could sell totems you have, you name a price or trade.

So you would put it up in this trading post and others can browse the items and trade or buy, etc.

Would be another great feature and a way to connect users a lil more

Cowboysfan likes this.
  2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

It would be a great feature but they will never do it since it would not generate them any $$...

3. dsk96m

dsk96m Hatchling

There are other games that do it an they still make money.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Oh I know, but Rovio is fundamentally against doing anything to make it's players happy if they think there is a chance they will loose a penny in the process...
    They have no concept of forward thinking as it pertains to customer loyalty & the fact that happy players are much more likely to spend a little.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  5. Firestar

Firestar Hatchling

I agree a trading post would also make the game so much more fun live trades but also where you can put a bird up and put the details of what you want. And everyone if you would be nicer to rovio that would be good because how much stress they must be under and people are complaining about the game they made. it cost money they can't do everything at once they have to wait for profits so they can take care of themselves and still update the game.

6. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Please don't necrobump old threads

Nyk likes this.
  7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

respectfully, that is incredibly naive...
    Unfortunately, they have proven to us over & over that they dont care one bit about the players game experience. Whether through insane changes like this update or horrible customer interactions or total lack of truth in descriptions & communications (or lack of).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  8. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

They made 280 million in revenue for the year. Granted the 4th Quarter isnt over yet but barring any catastrophes thats roundabout what they will finish at. Rovio arent hurting for money, their shareholders might be after a 50% share price drop but Rovio are still making money. They would make even more if they added in a low cost option at about 1€£$, they have 581000 unique payers, if each of them had the option to spend just 1$€£ thats an easy half a million with no expenditure costs. But they dont because they graduated from the idiots guide to business (or Rovio school as we like to call it) that philosophise that players must be miserable to make the most revenue out of them and that if you provide a low cost option its some how going to hurt your bottom line. Which is ridiculous.
    http://www.rovio.com/investors/financials

Nyk and A. Wolf like this.
  9. Firestar

Firestar Hatchling

I was told to post here by Adam from help and support. Rovio I'm just doing as he instructed.

Mark M likes this.
  10. Firestar

Firestar Hatchling

They have to pay all the workers. All of them.

11. Firestar

Firestar Hatchling

I got a lot of help from help and support. There is only so much they can do. Your lucky they reply at all.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Welcome Firestar!
    Thats good to hear that they actually do help some players...

Unfortunately you came on during this week while we are all frustrated & disappointed with Rovio after the new update.
    Just so you know, they do tell everyone to come here but they never participate in the forum themselves AT ALL.
    So dont expect any suggestions or asks to be heard by rovio (not sour grapes here, just the straight truth).

Anyway, please dont let our current pessimism cloud your enjoyment of the game & i hope we can answer your questions if you have any...

Lenaj76 and Redwing like this.
  13. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

Yes im aware of that, if you had clicked on the link you would have seen Rovios financials that detail how much money they made after their operating costs (so wages, buildings, rent, electricity, costs for game development etc..), after paying everyone and their costs they still make millions in clear profit.

A. Wolf and Redwing like this.
  14. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Super Cool Bird

Welcome to the forums

What remix meant was please try and only respond to current threads. That thread was from 6 months ago.

You sound like maybe your a Rovio employee perhaps, if so im glad to finally see someone from rovio here.

I disagree with this totally, we are playing a game they run.
    Some people pay a lot of money and its part of rovios duty to respond to issues regarding the product like any other product you may buy.

A. Wolf, Lenaj76 and Redwing like this.