1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total rip!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D_Sizz, Nov 2, 2017.

1. D_Sizz

D_Sizz Hatchling

The game is more and more of a joke every day. I get the same stupid bird 2x instead of getting the second bird. I've wasted (2) 10x hatch tickets and am at 10x chance and spend 2k gems trying to get Byron atter the game magically stops giving me premium chests with premium tickets. I've wasted way too much time building a team inn this game just to get robbed by a stupid event and supposed chance increases. Not to mention how you ruin a survival mode by ending it early every time just to steal my gems in order too get the final tier of it that i can do without playing it myself and letting the AI fast play. You sure know how to take the fun out of the entire game for anyone. Really disappointed in how the game has turned out after months of playing

Just another victim
    Lzlarcher and Landon beck like this.
  2. Funperson

Funperson Tiny Birdy

You think you spent a lot. Don't make me laugh. I used 54 silver tickets and 3 10x tickets and didn't get Eddie. Then decided, since I went this far and was out of tickets, I used gems for 10x hatch. Even after that, only got mostly 3 star and a couple of 4 star, yet still no Eddie and banner was only at 21x. So I bit the bullet and used more gems and cracked another 10x. After all that, I finally got him and Cyrl.
    D_Sizz and Landon beck like this.
  3. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

got Eddie on x26...
  4. Tellmewhen

Tellmewhen Hatchling

Byron on x24 :)
  5. Landon beck

Landon beck Hatchling

I was on x13 and didn’t get anything over a 3* bird. I even spent around $15 on packages to help at least get Eddie, but to no surprise I received nothing
  6. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

Eddie at 24x. 25 tickets, 3 10x, and 6k gems. And he sucks.
    Redders likes this.
  7. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

I suppose Eddie has situational use in PVE... To me though, instead of caging piggies, I prefer destroying them with Carson :)
    Bird870 likes this.
  8. Ray Estrella

Ray Estrella Super Cool Bird

Eddie at 2X with single silver, another at 8X with a single silver. At 12X got HM Byron with single silver and reset. Spent 2 10x tickets just to use them but hoping that Annie would drop. Got nothing from them really , but on last day got Cyril with a single silver again.

It's all a gamble. I sold my second Eddie as I don't collect.
    Redders likes this.
  9. Prince Playboy

Prince Playboy Super Cool Bird

Well, well well... Only got my first eddie at x23

My co-clan member got eddie at x30
  10. Vivek 007

Vivek 007 Tiny Birdy

Got Eddie at x3 and stopped. Saving for better birds
    Redders likes this.
  11. D_Sizz

D_Sizz Hatchling

Oh my
    That is ridiculous
    There must actually be a 0.001 chance at getting them for that to happen
    I've never gotten more than a 4 star from a 10x hatch ticket so i just use one to boost my multiplier to start the process
  12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

When I’m lucky to get the event bird I either get it in the beginning or on the last day. On purpose or just my luck. Normally I get the event bird every other times or one in three events
    D_Sizz likes this.
  13. Lzlarcher

Lzlarcher Hatchling

I am still waiting for a 5 star. I have played it from the beginning.
  14. DaggettBeaver

DaggettBeaver Hatchling

And this is when we start to speak about a clear gambling addiction. Yes, Gambling Addiction in micro-transaction-based games with random loot are a thing and luckily, psychology gets deeper into that territory every month and the first politicians finally discuss it openly.

In my opinion, ABE is terribly designed when it comes to gambling addiction, because it severely exploits this exact behavior - and no game should do that. Normal micro-transaction games are terrible enough when it comes to abusing gambling addiction - simply due to the "I already invested X money, i can't stop now before i get the reward.". ABE makes it even worse by adding those multipliers, which enforce that exact behavior ("I already invested X money, i can't stop now before i get the reward. And the Multiplier is so high already, it has to be any minute now!"). Honestly, i know i said that multiple times already, but we really need strict gambling regulations for games with micro-transactions. Forcing companies to make their odds transparent is only the start in my opinion.

In a fair system, you would be guaranteed to get the reward at some - reasonable - point, like after 50 premium hatches (which is equal to a x10 multiplier). To get to that point, you already have to invest money and it's really unfair to milk people above that point - because those players who let themselves be milked beyond that point are clearly victims to their addiction, if they realize it or not. Some of them might just be dirty rich, so they really don't care, but most of them pay more money for games like this one than they rationally would if there wasn't that addiction factor.

This has to stop, Rovio. I don't say you aren't allowed to make money with this game (same goes for King and all the other producers of addiction-abusing micro-transaction games), but not in this way, not by abusing severe addictions and letting addicted people severely overpay stuff...

There are fair models for micro-transaction-based games (Pokemon Go for example), and there are massively unfair models (ABE is a sad example for that...).
  15. Tabby

Tabby Tiny Birdy

As some of you may or may not know, apple now requires apps to disclose odds of receiving in game prizes if they can be purchased with money.

See this article for more info:

I emailed in game support and here is my ticket and their reply (see attached screen shots)

They basically said that they are looking into providing odds for hatching eggs in future update.
    This way, people will know the actual ODDS of getting a particular bird. I completely agree with you that it is GAMBLING at at least apple is moving towards some sort of transparency since greedy rovio has refused to release these odds while preying on their customers!

Attached Files:

16. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I am curious how many tickets it has taken someone to get the third bird in these events. I’m sure some people have
    Jordan Handrich likes this.
  17. FFirecracker

FFirecracker Tiny Birdy

Eye opener. Tks for that I'm done spending money on this game.
  18. Jordan Handrich

Jordan Handrich Hatchling

I just read apples terms and don’t see a deadline date for when they must comply. Did anyone see that or know when it is?
  19. Jordan Handrich

Jordan Handrich Hatchling

During the Red/Chuck event I also requested the odds and drop rates of special birds, and whether there factors to increase or decrease the odds. They never responded and just deleted the ticket.
  20. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

@Jordan Handrich Don't worry, if they don't release the rates soon enough they're going to be in deep doo-doos.