1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To spend, or not to spend? : A vote!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by metztli013, Oct 12, 2017.

?

To spend, or not to spend?

1. I will adjust my spending to Rovio's changes

9.5%
  2. I will spend the same amount, no more/no less

1.0%
  3. I will not be spending any more money

71.4%
  4. I have never spent money and I never intend to

16.2%
  5. I will be getting a refund on past purchases

1.9%
  1. metztli013

metztli013 Super Cool Bird

Ok, little birdies. It’s time to let your songs be heard. We’ve all tried reasoning with Rovio but obviously words aren’t effective. Perhaps we should try to put it into a language they will understand (numbers).

There have been a lot of changes to the game lately, or rather, nerfs. Boss pigs in scout battles (non-event) seem to be less. Premium chests from those boss battles seem to be less. And of course, the odds of getting a silver ticket from those premium chests are basically slim to none. I say “seem to be” because I don’t have numbers to prove it. I simply don’t have the time to collect data like that. But it’s very obvious that it is happening.

Now, they’ve jacked with Major Pecker’s daily challenge as well. MPDC was our main way of obtaining silver tickets since they messed with the premium chests. Conveniently, the one free run we now get ends after wave 7, stopping for some just shy of required snouts to earn the silver ticket. Coincidence? I think not. (I’ll not even address the fact that they are doing more “testing” similar to the scout timer fiasco with some folks having different arena and adventure rewards… that probably deserves its own post and poll.)

It is blatantly obvious that Rovio are manipulating us and pushing us to see how far they can go before we break down and start buying gems and pumping them full of cash. They are downright insulting us, at this point.

Now, to some of us, that’s fine. Some have a lot of disposable income and don’t mind spending. Kudos to you, you’re winning at life. Some of us are comfortable in life and can spend a little here and there. Some of us are struggling to pay utilities or put food on the table. All walks of life, that all enjoy playing this game and hope for a positive, fun experience.

I’m just curious as to where we all stand as far as that spending is concerned. Rovio is obviously very curious as well. Not sure why they couldn’t just ask us, so I will. Please vote, and let’s tell Rovio what they so desperately want to know. To spend, or not to spend? That is the question.

2. Bridget

Bridget Super Cool Bird

I honestly don't think they care

Barry likes this.
  3. metztli013

Unfortunately, you're probably right. :(

4. WobblySparrow

WobblySparrow Hatchling

If anyone from Rovio cares, I’d be willing to resume spending if the fairness in gameplay were to be restored...

5. Violet

Violet Hatchling

I voted I will adjust my spending according to Rovio's changes. Meaning- you try to force me to buy something.....I won't. You do a little give and take- I'm ok with that. As it stands right now though- I haven't spent money since they nerfed the silver tickets. Games like this, you want people to spend- treat people fairly.

6. metztli013

Ditto! Take care of us, Rovio, and we will take care of you. It's a simple concept =)

7. metztli013

I'm sorry, I should have worded that option a little better. What that is meant to portray is that one would adjust their spending, as in increasing spending, to compensate for nerfed rewards.
    I am with you, I stopped spending when silver tickets were yanked from premium chests due to "cheaters." I call BS shenanigans on all that business. Consumers are a little smarter than Rovio thinks and we are all tugging at the wool they are trying to pull over our eyes.

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  8. Ray Estrella

Ray Estrella Super Cool Bird

I now have no problem stopping at 74 snouts like today's DC. (I waited to level Matilda more) I will never spend gems on it again.

I will now never go past earned gem amount in Tower to keep working on higher bird.

I used to splurge once in a while to buy mats instead of slugging away for them. Those are stopping too. ABE will become just another game ill spend a couple hours for free on. And at some point it will probably just be another game that I remember as pretty cool when it started.

Corporate greed sucks. Remember when Rovio did great selling $5 games...?

9. PowerPork

PowerPork Hatchling

well... i'm one those who never... EVER spends money on IAPs ...

Annie14 likes this.
  10. SquawkTron

SquawkTron Motherflocker

Me too.

11. atis

atis Hatchling

The key to a free to play game is you either spend money or you spend time, but similar results should still be achievable.

I have played past month, and was happy to get Red Rooster as my first event bird. After that i was able to get every event bird from free tickets. Now, since they are gone from free game completely - i will probably use up all my gems on next event bird, and that's it. No more 5 star birds (and i don't ever intend to pay) and i will move on to other games.

I did install Angry Birds Evolution, since i liked original Angry Birds games, and wanted some fun time. Since there will be no more fun, no achievable goals, i probably won't try another Angry Birds game ever

Nevermore, swolfy, PowerPork and 2 others like this.
  12. metztli013

I wish I could say the same lol =) I don't spend crazy amounts, but I picked up the 1.99 or 4.99 deal from time to time. No more, though! My purse is closed and I'm clutching it like an old lady being mugged. RESIST! =D

Erino, esor, Squadpwr and 2 others like this.
  13. PowerPork

PowerPork Hatchling

your doing a great job, KEEP RESISTING :p

14. Pedro Monteiro

Pedro Monteiro Super Cool Bird

I never spent any money on f2p games, rather spend time trying to progress

Annie14 likes this.
  15. Sandy

Sandy Hatchling

I haven’t spent money in this game, but I was very tempted to use while Terrence event. I went Upto 27x hatching haven’t got Terence. Saw a player who is at 33x and no Terrence. So just thought what’s the use?

16. metztli013

I saw the person at 33x too. Does anyone know, did they ever get Terence? Or did they give up?

17. Onlong

Onlong Super Cool Bird

I think he ran out of gems and gave up. he is here in this forum, responded to me big letter to ROVIO, you can track him and message him from there

as for spending money, I think every player - the ones that don't pay crazy money, should do what you (and I) do, buy the small packages. If you enjoy the game you should pay for some money to keep it alive, that is only fair. But not excessively, and not when they screw us. I always buy things in game that has permanent features, like increase a scout permanently or something, unfortunately this game doesn't have that feature... every purchase is consumable, I think that is one down side of this game that ROVIO if changed, could have made them more money from every player, than having to do this sort of screwing around. extra scout count for $10 for e.g.

18. Maria

Maria Hatchling

Since, they are not listening and thru tickets we receive the same Cut & Paste answer, how about rating again the game on Apps Store and have them watch the 1 star ratings increase dramatically! That is a public statement!

Hugo Benitez, Erino and Maha like this.
  19. Roa

Roa Hatchling

First time ever for any app i entered app store and gave them the rating they deserve.....positive of course with a huge recommendation *sarcasm mode off

20. Archon

Archon Super Cool Bird

Lol bye bye revenue, Rovio. Serves you right lol a$$holes.