1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on the new Arena Leagues...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, Apr 30, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So, I personally think it's over the top to have the top league to have 50 players. I actually dislike the 50 player brackets entirely but especially so for the top league. Once a month should be the max that they do the 50 player Brackets.

What happens is, you have way too many extreme players in 1 bracket & only the top 5 get any Prestige Totems which is what we really want. That would be fine with a 15 or 25 person league as the crazy players would be more spread out & diluted. But what's happening now is that dedicated strong players who actually have a life as well (like most of us) will get penalized & not get any PT's anymore which feels like a slap to the face for being a good player. At the very least Totems should taper down to the 10th spot but even that would not fix the problem. Rovio seems to think that giving everyone 500+ gems somehow makes up for the lack of PT's available. There just are not enough other ways in the game to acquire PT's either..

This problem is exactly why I wanted the top league to be well over 20k (25K would be just right), so those of us who want to play competitively without dedicating all life to the game can still continue at a reasonable clip by choosing to end up in the level below when wanted...

Those of you in the 8K & 11K, what are the top rewards?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Booser1 likes this.
  2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

Now that you said it first A.Wolf, I am thinking the same thing.

Before this huge leagues with 50 players, the players with lives outside the game can get to the top 5 often enough without too much heroic effort. Now with these super prizes you need to defeat the crazy players by playing the game their way. And even if you just play 1 courtesy game you still get few hundreds gems. You shouldn't get paid if you don't play.

Just like the old AB2 arena, you used to be able to win regularly without going in with all spells. Even since the hat sets started you pretty much need to bring in all 5 spells to have a decent chance.

3. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Evening everyone :)

Well... I am one of the Legends I as have passed 14k... What I think? Nothing :) I haven't started yet... The fact that I've been promoted to the highest tier possible won't change my approach far too much, I guess... Will play as much as I like to - not suppose to leave my hobbies, rest in free time, good sleep in the name of getting few more virtual prizes... I guess I'll be winning the same easy as I have been doing so far... The only difference might be that I would need to use far more time, than used to up to now...

Cheers,

W

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Then you wont ever get anymore Prestige Totems from Arena but perhaps your weren't anyway.
    For casual players it's a bonus to get quite a few extra gems to do nothing but for those of us who were playing to get PT's before without too much difficulty, it sucks...

5. Booser1

Booser1 Hatchling

The top clan has hacked this game, I'm almost certain. When you leapfrog everyone by a 100 trophies per arena battle where we play this almost 24/7 since yesterday, and only receive 25-30 trophies is ridiculous. Starting to believe that ROVIO set this clan up for either special upgrades or consistent league wins. Either way this has put a downer on some of us, as of today my playing time has decreased because I've realized the top clan members (A.C.) y'all know who they are, are killing everyones game and making it completely pointless to play more often.

6. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

As a counterpoint, two members of the clan that Booser1 is complaining about are in my league this week; they're in 5th and 7th place respectively. Draw your own conclusions from that.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

It only takes a few players going nuts in a clan to bump them up toward to the top o the list. Also, they may be waiting to really play until the event starts this week...

8. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wolf :)

So far I've been winning my leagues, or actually end as 2nd - if I WANTED to... I have FAR MORE prestidge totems, than money... Constantly... And I have pretty maxed birds already, so I CAN AFFORD myself not to win everything... Still I'll be having some off events or MPDC ;)

Cheers,

W

P.S. I play any game to entertain myself out - and I decide when to play and how much, not some guys in ties, behind desks... Especially for the fact that the prizes been decreasing overall, so not worth to use my time far too much... First example off a row: recently eneded event - first day... Have been used 24 berries apart those regular scouts... Encountered 7 bosses fights from the berries... And NOT A SINGLE ONE silver ticket! I am aware it's so called ''random'', though probability of getting those is very very unlikely...

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I have only had 2 Silver tickets in the last 7 days from chests & 0 boss pigs during red event. Pretty sure they nerfed it AGAIN...

10. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

For another perspective, I've acquired 16 silver tickets from Boss/Wave/Mini-dungeons over the last 2 days alone. Plenty of boss pigs during the event as well, though the silver ticket drop rate from them was not great as per usual (still picked up 2 or 3 at least though, wasn't really keeping tabs at the time).

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I really think there must be a lot of game settings variance from one server to the next...