1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on new Event Style

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatorops, May 25, 2018.

1. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Don't forget to check your daily tasks, now that the event is live you can claim the 50 energy reward for doing 3 event stages.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

By my rough calculations, depending on your team, a player SHOULD be able to reach 18k give or take 2k without spending any gems. But that leaves 10k+ to spend gems on if you want the personal gold ticket. That comes to about 2,350 gems to finish IF you can quick run level 50. So, do you value 3 Prestige totems at 1,000 gems & would you buy a Gold ticket for 1,350? Personally, NO.

This is still way overpriced for rewards BUT it is not as bad as the last ridiculous bird island.
    If they had capped personal at 20K max, that would have been just high enough for dedicated players to play hard & achieve the goal. Casual players would be screwed compared to normal events but not horribly.

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The rewards you earn along the way are already WAY better than previous events using the same style - now instead of just "a random 4-star bird", they give you that but it's already level 40. And all the lower-tier bird rewards were also the evolved forms, so new players who might actually use them are just handed useful things they don't need to sink immense resources into, and established players have pre-made feeder birds for their latest 5-star acquisitions. Also, soooooo many super shot totems as rewards, for the longest time those have been entirely absent from events (ever since they re-introduced MPDC).

4. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Don't forget the decent amount of gems they give you. It can help people with little to no gems get a good boost like being able to buy a 10x ticket or use it for your MPDC retry.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

But, it does not matter how many gems they give you. The question becomes, would you then spend $2,350 of those earned gems to essentially buy 3 Prestige totems & a Gold ticket? No judgment either way but for me personally it is not worth it.
    And, the clan rewards after the first gold ticked are unrealistic...

AND, why the hell is this event giving Berries as rewards at all? It should be energy...

6. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

I forgot to mention I got an "amazing evolution sale" when I evolved my Birdstiano that has 9k blue mat, 180 evo essence, 180 rage totems, and 40k - 60k coins for a outrageous 100 USD. Obviously didn't buy it.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I see similar offer all the time. None of it worth the $$. Rage totem is overrated!!! The rest you can get by playing.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

An interesting thing I just noticed... If you click on the little + symbol next to the battery gage when empty it only costs 100 gems to fill 100%. So, that is only 10 gems per entry instead of the 20 it costs if you just click on the entry tab.

Therefore, I now think it may be worth spending 1,000-1,200 for 3 Prestige & Gold Ticket but even that is a little high but that is still debatable depending on personal needs...

9. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Something I noticed randomly, berry drop rate has increased and playing event markers on bird island and fighting littlepigs gives you a random 5 energy, bigger pigs/dungeon boxes 6-7. So, I am sitting at 2k event points currently but using those berries and playing event markers helps. My Team power is at 85k with Fire rooster p4, captain freedom p1, redtzky p3, frost p6 and dutch p3. I am literally out of coins and prestige totems otherwise I could get Thrash up to atleast p3/p4, currently at p1 since its blue day. Cheers!

Cowboysfan likes this.
  10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I just noticed the same thing... I jumped up 10 energy after playing 2 markers. I was not paying attention to the animation & I only played 1 boss pig so I assume it came from the Boss?

11. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Before I want to start paying 100 gems for full recharge, let me play for 1 day worth to see how many event tokens I can get by playing. Then I can see whether I can get to 30K without paying. The personal event prizes are dumping more gems that I have seen before.

Getting to top level is good only if you can consistently win every single match. Loose a match means wasting 10 electricity. Winning consistently at lower levels will pay off better in the long run.

12. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Quite possible but still not sure how many energies for small/big pigs. Its inconsistent and also you only get to know once you go to the event.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So, it actually seems to be added to your energy as soon as you open a scout marker (nothing to do with the actual pigs)… The added amount is random though, seems to be 3-7.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Factoring in the extra from markers, it may not cost that many gems to finish 30k after all. Easy enough to spend none before the last day though to see how it plays out...

Cowboysfan likes this.