1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on new Event Style

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatorops, May 25, 2018.

1. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Wondering what the thoughts are on the new event style?

Overall I like it.

Things I like about it:
    - It is refreshing
    - Quick to play
    - Rewards are nice

Things I do not like about it.
    - Makes the clan perks worthless.
    - Battles do not count toward daily scout goals
    - Clan eggs are not available (loss revenue for Rovio)
    - No additional coins from Perks
    - No need to have a few birds buffs up so high
    - Believe both the Player and Clan Event Rewards are nerfed concerning Berries and Silver Tickets...could be wrong, but seem less or at least lower total

Cowboysfan and Cmbryan79 like this.
  2. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I checked my inbox for the last 2 events tickets and berries, we got 14 tickets in last 2 events and theres 14 in this, the berries are lower though, we got 18 berries last 2 events and theres only 14 in this one, dont know how many are given as rewards after battle ive had 1 so far

3. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

if you click on each challenge, the rewards are shown, but they give a BUNCH of berries as rewards throughout

4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Yeah, there multiple stages that reward 2 berries for completing them the first time, and towards the end there are a few that reward 3 - if you start with a full complement of berries you can pretty much go all the way through to the end between the stage rewards and rewards from the event itself (provided of course you have a team with enough power to do that, though with the bonuses it isn't particularly hard to put one together).

Folks were complaining about them upping point requirements for the event rewards and shortening the event time, but they weren't taking into consideration how much the event points ramp up as you progress - the way events used to run, you'd get somewhere between 31-46 event collectibles per scout marker; unlocking level 50 in this system lets you quick battle for 85 (once you reach level 13 you're already getting more doodads than you would have with the previous system).

I still haven't gone back and tried to quick play a stage since I'm not quite done yet, curious whether rewards are in line with typical marker battles in that case. Edit: Now that I've tested this, my one complaint is that there is no other reward apart from the event collectibles when you repeat stages. Considering how much of a pipe dream getting Elite birds is though, it probably won't be that much of a downside because most of us will finish unlocking our rewards/clan rewards and then switch back to regular markers for the rest of events.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I like the new refreshing format. It could the newer players temporary boost in flock power just for the event. However the event fights no longer give as many eggs as before. Unless you have a huge collection of birds in waiting, you will have to go back to non event locations to hatch birds. Birds are needed to power things up. Most of us strong players should be able to essentially autoplay most of those levels without thinking, the lower ones anyway. Most hardcore players in my flock usually done the 3900 by Saturday on a Wednesday start, Friday at times if we use more berries. 4000 should not be much of a challenge given the higher encounters will generate more than any old school event locations will give you.

All these however don't stop those top players to get very high very fast. I guess they just quick play to death some low levels.....

I have my 3rd and 4th Chucks now. 5x (21st ticket) and 16x. I have stocked up few lvl 20 3-stars birds to get new Chucks going.

6. liontooz1

liontooz1 Tiny Birdy

Seems to fit here better:
    So, 25 scouts on my own, plus the scout berrys that come along with the event.
    Played 50 level...till the end.
    Highest pig power at level 50 is in my case 78700.
    My team power was at 89660 (with the extra power using chuck and bomb).
    Now i am at 2873 points, earned a few tickets from the points and the usual rewards which comes from the points.

Edit: right now at 3,5 k. Easiest and quickest golden ticket on this event, will get it in a few hours. Repeating level 50 gives 85 as a reward

7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Yup - I said you could go all the way through to 50 "with a full complement of berries" earlier, but you don't even actually need that many (I finished with 13 and there were perhaps 3-4 additional scouts from timers/ads since I started with the initial 4 I had available this morning). If I wanted to be, I could be done with my personal event reward unlocks in a couple of minutes (saving my berries to use on regular markers when it flips around to extra coin day though). That's actually kind of nuts.

liontooz1 likes this.
  8. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

My guess is once you get to level 50 there is never any need to go back and play anything less than 50 over and over again until you get to 4,000

9. Tigerangels42038

Yup that would have been me lol, but i agree i was being short sighted and hadnt looked into the new format enough lol :rolleyes::)

10. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Ha ha, no worries - at first glance your initial reaction seems entirely reasonable, and it's not like there aren't still aspects of the new system that could use improving (like the lack of rewards for repeating stages beyond the event tokens/no clan birds on stage completion/etc).

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Exactly, these are a pretty big deal & a big FU from Rovio. They ask us to pay a lot for these perks & then don't implement them? Booo!

This could have easily been a 2 day event for most people as it is currently formatted. Perhaps they will run even more frequent bird events going forward?

Also, what they don't bother to mention in the game play info is that Yellow birds are in effect getting a big benefit as they are not incumbered my the transparent yellow barriers. Although it's not hard to figure out after playing a little...

12. Tigerangels42038

Is there an elite chuck this event? There's no icon beside the top 3?

13. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Took me awhile to notice because although I have two chucks on main team I did not need to use them

14. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

There is no Elite Chuck, no. We can actually account for all the empty spots in the collection tabs now that the patch notes have been published, there's spots for the new yellow, white, and blue music-related birds, and another set of spots in the white birds tab for Elite Captain Freedom.

I would have bet money there would be an Elite Chuck (still could be later of course), but for now that's not the case.

15. Autumnshades01

Autumnshades01 Hatchling

Clan boosts are worthless in this. Don’t receive any birds/coins at the end of fight. I used to save up on extra coin day so that I could upgrade my birds with golden totem bird since it’s expensive. So I am not sure what to think at this point.

16. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Gatorops :)

True, yet you DO have the chance to win Darlene and El Gigante at later stages, though... So I take it this is some sort of ''Clan Egg''

Cheers,
    W

17. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Evening everyone :)

Overall I like it, though this what bugs me a bit:

- not getting birds after EACH fight - less birds - less coins off selling them...
    - the same goes for mats in desired colours - but I guess that's for these keys been added to go to the dungeons and get them on your own...
    - no ''boss fights'' - I saw ONE silver ticket as reward for clearing the level - in the old format I did got at least 2 tickets easily off bosses fights...

Cheers,
    W

18. Tigerangels42038

Awww that sucks, the one time a member of my clan is #1

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

It only says that making it to the top leader board will get you "special prizes", but it does not state how many players will get them or what they are. So it's sort of dumb to bother wasting scouts that don't give ANY rewards at all once you get the personal & clan rewards done. You might very well get more out of running regular scout locations over the long run...

While on the surface this new concept seems like a cool idea to most players, it in fact is generating us a bit less in game revenue than the old style. It is really a subtle way for Rovio to get us spending a little more of our earned items without fully realizing it.

There is no explanation of why the bonus body type birds are significantly higher than the stated 80% if they are leveled up. Overall, with as wordy as the event info, it's pretty poorly done & not very informative.

But what I do REALLY LIKE is how quickly you can finish it up. And at least they are playing around with figuring out reasons why we could use other birds.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  20. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

They aren't, birds that fall in that category are getting the indicated boost - what might be throwing you off is that 2 of the 3 specific birds that get buffs this event are also chubby, so they get either a +280% bonus (in the case of Bomb) or +240% bonus (El Jefe) with an additional +80% on top of that (meanwhile Chuck himself just gets a whopping +350%).

I played around with the numbers since I have all the specific birds in question for this event and the numbers check out in every case; unless something happens at prestige level 9 or 10 (I don't currently have any of the applicable birds higher than P8 right now; all of the ones I tested were at least P3 though), chubby birds that are not Bomb or El Hefe are getting +80% exactly like the game says they should.

Last edited: May 26, 2018