1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly able to replay eagle mountain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemixFTW, Apr 19, 2018.

1. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

For the past few days I’ve been able to get gems but not be able to replay eagle mountain. Now I can’t get gems but can replay eagle mountain.

I have no idea why they switched me to their test group half way.

2. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Probably because everyone else got switched around as well - I just checked and my price for reentry has been switched from the 180 gold (to start with at least, it goes up each time) to 50 gems, so it looks like they're just shuffling the various test groups around to get even more data.

3. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

Or they simply decided to have 50gems as it is most profitable.

I also had abiltiy to repaly for 50 gems. Never paid. Few days without it but I was getting gems from EM and now again only tickets and replay for 50 gems.

Seems like final version

4. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Sigh, they picked the worst possible version. Well I know what I'm never doing - paying gems to gamble on whether or not I even get anything worth paying further gems to keep is a suckers bet.

Edit: Upon perusing other posts I'm back on my "they moved test groups around" interpretation, as folks who didn't have the option before are reporting they are able to enter Eagle Mountain for gold today. So there's still a (faint) hope they'll realize charging up front gems is the way to make sure people just don't do it at all.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, if people will be disciplined & NOT pay gems to replay but DO pay gold, maybe Rovio will actually decide Gold is the way to do it.
    Or, they could simply give both options...

Lenaj76 likes this.
  6. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

I think they are just shuffling... mine went to gems today, but another member went to gold.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

They are still beta testing. They want to see what people will spend...

8. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

They wont get more gems for eagle mountain from me.. as far as i can tell.. no one likes the gem option, whether or not others are paying.. idk.. we would be more likely to re enter for gold and then pay gems IF we win tickets. My members who got the gold option were re-entering often.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Have you actually opened level 20 & NOT received a Silver Ticket?

10. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

General policy for me and another player in the household (both have gold replay option): Just quit if we run into a pig before finding any silver ticket.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I have been finding that I average just under 1 pig for each silver ticket. Super rare to get 2 pigs before level 20. For me, 20 gems & a level 20 2* bird is a fair trade for 20 gems.

12. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Yes actually.. Ive left multiple times this week with nothing.. Although no pig until after 20 no matter what door i hit.. but, Ive had just the one free play a day till today.
    I have gotten between 1 and 4 tickets since it started tho.. but seems about every other day is nothing before hitting a pig.

13. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Multiple times, yes. I've also got silver tickets as early as floor 2, it all depends on whether RNGsus is feeling generous. Anymore it doesn't matter how many other resources I've lined up, if there's not at least 1 silver ticket I exit once the first pig pops up (I'd have to have gone to floor 70 for me to change that position, and that's not very likely at all).

14. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Tiny Birdy

i have gold reentry option now, i was still on the normal version before, so far the few times ive reentered ive always hit a pigs before level 20 and have never got a ticket, although it did take me 78 silver and 2 gold to get matilda today, which is double what ive ever went to before, maybe its just a bad luck day for me lol ill give it a try again tomorrow see if i have any better luck :rolleyes:

15. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Tiny Birdy

I have gotten past level 20 without a silver...those times, and others where I have none I will typically bounce when the first pig comes up..I also will typically spend the 20 gems if I have any silvers (the first 20 spent are reimbursed with the daily rewards anyway), and then depending on where I am and how many silvers I decide on whether or not to spend more to continue. The other night I did exceedingly well for the first time in a long time...got a couple of 2Xsilvers, ended up with 8 silver tickets and a lvl 60 bird...cost me about 170 gems, but I was happy.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Hmm, that's really odd. I have literally gotten a silver ticket on floor 20 every day since they switched from gems to tickets (2+weeks I think). Maybe its different from 1 server to the next?

17. Rod911

Rod911 Hatchling

Did a very expensive run through of Eagle Mountain on white day. Spent 3K of gems to get to floor 70. My version of EM continues to have both gems and silver tickets as rewards. I did notice that, every 20th floor, I either got gems or a silver ticket. As for picking the gem door throughout, it was pretty rare, but I still managed to earn 255 gems.

18. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

I noticed that the one door method is worthless now. Pig appeared a ton there.

19. liontooz1

liontooz1 Hatchling

Until today, Eagle Mountain gives a no pig appearance on the first 5 levels, so it seemes.
    But today i got the piggie first at level 5 and in the second try at level 2.
    It seems Rovio looked at the statistics and changes the odds.

20. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Morning everyone :)

Now it's been left as it was before (coins, mats, essence and tickets instead of diamonds) the only change - now I CAN'T re-enter in any way, before the 24hrs been up... No problem, with that as it's not bothering me at all... The one and only choice for me to re-enter: coins; mats; diamonds; tickets and paid by gold... Otherwise it have no sense as simply greater chances of loosing resources, instead gaining them up...

Oh, and I've modified my tactics at Eagle Mountain a bit... I DO willing to pay 20 diamonds for the first pig - if I am CLOSE ENOUGH 20 floor... I mean 19th, 18th max and bump on thief... If this happen much earlier - nothing changing - exit -> grab 20 diamonds for daily ''play'' the EM...

Cheers,

W