1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver tickets in the mail box, Alien birds worth getting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyrie_English, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

Hi guys, I am new to the game. I have just started playing this game last week, lv40.
    I only have 11 4,5 star birds (see picture). The only good ones I have are Jacquie and Carson. By the way, are any of these birds worth investing to 80/100+ levels?

I have 40 silver tickets on me and another 15 that will expire in 5 days in the mail box.
    Should just go all in to get to Dr. Probotnik or just let those 15 tickets expire and wait it out till next week?

Appreciate your advice in advance.
    1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. tobis gmail

tobis gmail Tiny Birdy

you have very few 5* birds. hatch 30-40 and hope to get the xenoflocker, but to be honest you have a low chance to get anything more than that.

3. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Yeah, you would have to be extremely lucky to hatch all 3 birds using a total of only 55 tickets. In fact, I've spent over 90 tickets before getting just the first hatch (that was a bad day, lol). So it depends how lucky you feel, and how much value you think you'll get out of the bird(s) that are available. I tend to be a "wait-and-save" kind of player, as I'm always afraid that something really good will come next week, and I won't have enough tickets saved to get it. But that also means I have silver tickets go to waste every week.

4. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

Also have a few golden tickets...I guess my question would be, if it worth it to get Zenoflocker? Does this bird have any particular use in any scenario/task? And if I had got it, should I then stop hatching?

5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Of the birds you have only the 4* Carson is good. You need 5* birds but you have to decide whether Xeno worth the unknown of next week event bird. You are not likely going to get dr p.

6. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

Your complete lack of 5-stars bird means you should hatch. Cyril is not a good bird but a new player cannot be a chooser. Dr Probotnik is ok as a crowd control when you have no other choice as the better crowd control birds are event birds also.

7. Odysseus

Odysseus Hatchling

Yeah, as a new player, save your tickets for next week, or even the week after if next week is a bad excavation event.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

But as a new player, saving too long just severely delays the possibility of accomplishing many things sooner than later.
    none of the available birds this week would stay in your long term teams but they can indeed help you for a while...

9. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

When you are new you need to get whatever available to get your teams competitive. There are good 4-stars birds and Carson is one of those he happens to have. Nobody knows whether any of those new birds from Easter event will be any good. Other recent new birds like Piggy Nian and Marisha are fairly useless after the events.

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Also, its very likely we will see Bomb event in the next couple weeks which will have other assorted black birds (also not long term regular arena or event birds)

11. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

I think we can reasonably expect to see Fringy somewhere in the mix for the Easter event. I've seen some strong teams using him as leader with rainbow team members. On the other hand, Easter is more than 3 weeks away. Also, even if the current event birds are not the greatest, if you try to hatch them, there is always a chance you could get something else good, or at least decent, as a random 5* hatch. The first Claude I got was a surprise while trying for an event bird.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  12. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

Thanks for all the helpful advise. Now that there are 2 opinions that are polar opposite in nature.
    What's the reason these 5* birds are not that useful? Is it because their SPs are not that powerful? But I still need the higher power from 5* birds to advance in events and MP?

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

your a good ways off from worrying about the late levels of MPDC.
    Either of these 2 Black event birds would serve you fine to help advance to a mid level player. But long term there are a handful or so of birds that you should go for with abandon when they are first available to you.

IMHO these are the primary ones that can or will be main stays in events or arena:
    Claude (events & arena)
    Matilda (arena)
    Chuck (arena)
    lil Pecker (events)
    Frost (events & arena)
    Dedswine (events)
    QB (arena)

These are very good birds but you can live without them if you have some the above birds:
    Fringy (arena)
    5* Carson (arena & some events)
    5* Zain (arena & some events)
    Hot Grease (arena & some events)
    Gylfi (events)

Good to serviceable fill in options:
    Fire Rooster
    Ricky
    Beast
    Brenda X (leader option if you dont have Claude)
    Doris (events)
    Santa
    Lady bacon
    Lucha
    Annie
    Dr P.
    Eddie the Bird
    Xeno
    Bomb
    Cenk
    Dutch

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Redders and Tigerangels42038 like this.
  14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Obviously these are subjective lists so there will be many varying opinions.
    Also, some evo options are significantly better than others, especially for certain aspects of the game...

So, to sort of answer your initial question... Its always a little bit of a gamble since we dont know what next weeks bird(s) will be. However, if i were you (and knowing what i know as a vet player) I would probably attempt hatching Xeno & stop.
    Angro is not a very useful bird (other than the fact it is a 1SS and there are not many of those) but its soo weak that its a real bummer to use.
    And, as others pointed out, the odds of hatching all 3 with your available tickets is pretty low.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  15. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

This is very helpful reference to someone new to the game! I appreciate it.
    I guess I will try to hatch xeno.
    What do you guys do with the useless 4, 5 star birds? Do you lv them up to lv60 then feed the other birds?

Rando and A. Wolf like this.
  16. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

With the new update, we will need 5* birds to awaken other 5* birds, so I would save them and not use them to feed others for regular leveling. Most 4* birds I sell for the prestige totems.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, as far as extra 4* birds, 2 good options...

1) if you have the available inventory space, its always nice to have 3-4 leveled up to 40 on hand of each color if possible for a quick level up of a 5*. Also, level 40 is more equitable for using as food than level 60 is for 4*, level 20 is good for 1-3* blue shinys.
    2) you get 2 prestige totems from selling a 4*. if you plan to do that, just do it or leave them at level 1 to sell when you need more totems.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  18. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

Thank you very much. Appreciate it!

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

No problem... I just noticed i said for quick leveling of a 4*... I meant a 5* LOL

20. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

Lol. By the way, for hatching, do I have to go one at a time to increase the chances? Does using hatch all or a golden ticket void the increased chances of getting event birds?