1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver ticket, Hatch all v.s. Hatch one by one

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Platty, Dec 5, 2018.

1. jason bowden

jason bowden Hatchling

Hatched 26 silver, 1 gold, 1350 x 3 and not one event bird. Was really hoping I’d get pecker ☹️

2. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

feffe, Buds, A. Wolf and 1 other person like this.
  3. Monty Topple

Monty Topple Hatchling

Thx for explaination :)

4. Monty Topple

Monty Topple Hatchling

You're right. But still: miffy sounds cooler ;).

5. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Dick Bruna died in February last year, so it was probably the media company, Mercis Media who went after Rovio. Given that they won a case against against Sanrio in the Dutch courts back in 2011 for copyright infringement (Hello Kitty's friend Cathy the Rabbit), Rovio probably figured it would end badly and costly for them.

6. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Plus it probably wouldnt be good PR stealing the intellectual property of a dead man. I dont think that would reflect well on Rovio lol

7. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

You're being too generous there. This Rovio we're talking about - the same people who didn't have a problem with the adult off-humour they put into some of their bird descriptions. It probably took their lawyers a few hours drawing simple pictures of cute little bunnies/birdies to explain to them how the PR side of things (deadman's IP and beloved children's character in a game with inappropriate humour) ties into the money aspect of it ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  8. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I'd never heard of Miffy the Bunny before lawyers got involved, but I personally love that they renamed her Fringy due to claims of infringement - Miffy was just a random name with no other connotations, Fringy is hilarious, and reminds me of how they "fixed" the Angromedon when people started complaining that they needed to boost Stellarize and nerf Splitbull after they had adjusted Splitbull to be "not total garbage": they literally just switched the names of those skills around, and changed nothing about how either of them worked.