1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save for Matilda or go for Dutch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaxtin, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Gaxtin

Gaxtin Hatchling

Should I try to get Dutch now, or save for Matilda?

I just got Ricky Redtsky with my final silver ticket, but have a golden ticket left (as well as some time to earn and spend some silvers).

I have 0 5* black birds, and Kowalski is my only 4* black bird. I've been itching for a good black bird (Carson or Dutch).

(I also have 0 5* blue birds, with Ron as probably my best 4* (Paige as my other), but I'm not so worried about that since I don't like blue birds).

My current lineup is Claude (P5), Annie (P2), QB (P3), Fringy(Miffy) (76), and QB (94).

(Ricky, Geraldine, Cyril, 2 Jacquie's, etc., are on my bench/dungeon squads)

Are the odds equal that I'd get a 2nd Ricky to a Dutch?
    Is Matilda so good that I should want her more than a black, even with the multiple good whites I already have?

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Matilda is way better than any black bird. Also, you are not at all guaranteed to get Dutch next...

3. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

You're just as likely to hatch a 2nd Ricky as you are to get Dutch - I hatched him day 1 of the event for a fairly small investment of resources so I kept going, and this morning hatched Ricky #2; if I was to continue on from this point there's still no guarantee that I'd get anything except another Ricky (if even that).

Also worth pointing out is that Dutch is not a time-limited event bird, you can potentially hatch him during any other event (or when no event is running, though you shouldn't use tickets then except to keep from hitting the resource cap), while Matilda is specifically restricted to events that feature her as one of the top prizes.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So the Core 5 are ONLY available through specific events? I never heard that before...

5. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Oh yeah, see, they weren't originally in the game, but were introduced one by one in a series of events, which is why when those events started repeating we've known the order the next ones are going to appear in (but not necessarily events in between). The 5-star birds that are available all the time are:

Red: Geraldine & Claude
    Yellow: Cyril & Billy the Blitz
    Black: Byron & Dutch
    White: Annie & Steve
    Blue: Thrash & Murphy

Compare that to the list of Event Specific 5-star birds:

Red: Red, Terrence, Angry Santa, Fire Rooster, Ricky "Red Menace" Redtzky, Elite Ricky
    Yellow: Chuck, Cold Turkey, Team Star Quarterback(s)
    Black: Bomb, Black Metal Byron, Eddie the Bird, Dr. Probotnik, Kowalski the Elf
    White: Matilda, Captain Freedom, "Fringy, Harbinger of Doom"
    Blue: Heavy Metal Annie, The Angromedon, Grandfather Frost

Saving up your tickets to use when events are running is not just the most effective way to use them, but also the only time when most of the birds you'd want to hatch are even available at all.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I always save for events but I jut did not realize the Core 5 started out as add on event birds...

7. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

I can see why you and many others think this. Rovio made it so the trailer makes it look like you start out with Red, but in reality you start out with Mia instead.

8. Gaxtin

Gaxtin Hatchling

Thanks guys.

9. pantystealer

pantystealer Hatchling

Excuse me for asking but what are the core 5 birds?

10. Gaxtin

Gaxtin Hatchling

If you go to the town and click "your collections," the building on the far right, then the birds tab, then "set" at the far right, it's the first collection set (made up of Red, Chuck, Bomb, Matilda, and Terence).

11. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

A set of birds that are from the Angry Birds movie, one of the (now) 4 sets of birds (the 4th one was just introduced with Ricky, who is so far the only member of the set). 2 of the Core Flock set are among the very best birds in the game (Chuck, Matilda), 1 is fine but not amazing (Bomb), and the last 2 are "meh" to "straight trash" respectively (Red, Terrence - red birds in general aren't that good but Terrence is extra bonus awful).

12. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

The core flock are collection items really. Chuck and Matilda are super good. Red is your typical hard hitting 1 hit wonder. Bomb is good depending on your tactics, I like him. Terence is garbage.

Getting 2nd Matilda is a high priority.

So far for core flock I have: 2 Chucks, 2 Reds, 3 Bombs, 1 Matilda, 1 Terence.