1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatorops, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

so what do we know?

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I know im not touching them til i know more...lol

Annie14 and TaNiZiAcK like this.
  3. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Is this the start of a master thread? If so, we can't complain in here lol

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Whatever I find I will put them into birds of my main arena team.

5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I’m not planning on doing anything with them until I know more

6. Epic Buttstomp

Looks like Runes give the birds some boosts

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, they are clearly for pay to play people who want to boost their birds as they are incredibly expensive.

8. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

Threw the runes i received free into master carson for the event and when i finished level 80 i tried to remove them.....oops lol. Guess i should have read the forum here about them first.
    Not paying to remove them so i guess carson keeps his toys.

9. NYR144

NYR144 Hatchling

I’m still very confused on what these ruins are for. I know they boost your bird but why and which one goes with which bird best etc....

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I assume they are not bird specific, as in they can be used on any bird.

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

As of now, runes are generic. Any reference to named bird runes (eg. Grandfather Frost Runes) is meaningless.
    Boosts aren't that great. A common health rune (grey) gives 20 points of health, common damage is 10 points of boost and common crit chance is 1%. A rare (Green) health rune gives 24 points of health and a 5% critical chance. No idea what the epic runes (purple) are like, but I assume they follow a similar pattern and will give slightly more boost in 3 areas (health, damage, crit chance, crit damage). Not quite paying for power, unless epic runes are significantly better.
    Common and rare runes can be sold for 20 gold. Again, only guessing, but the same likely holds true for epic runes. Selling an equipped rune bypasses the gem cost for removal. So does upgrading.
    Keys in EM are only from the bonus reward for passing L32, which has been changed to 8 gold keys. The daily reward for completing MPDC's challange has been changed from berries to 10 silver keys. So in 10 days time, you get one free silver chest. The patch notes mentioned that rune keys will also be available in pirate battle events.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  12. PolliSoft

PolliSoft Hatchling

I opened a silver chest and was lucky enough to get an epic/purple rune. The one I got gives:
    * Damage: +50
    * Crit chance: +2.5%
    * Crit damage: +32
    I put it on Master Carson directly, and I don't know the sell price.

13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Nice find. You can check the sell price without selling it. Selling is a 2 step process that gives you the option to cancel. But I don't think anyone is going to hold it against for playing it safe ;)

14. PolliSoft

PolliSoft Hatchling

20 gold for the epic one as well. :(

15. Stevie2k

Stevie2k Hatchling

I really like that they try something new and give a way to specialize the birds even more... but the buggy clan health thing ruines the fun after the update for me... If this will stay that way I don't give me too much future with ABE...

16. TaNiZiAcK

TaNiZiAcK Hatchling

Really great info Pollisoft and Redwing. Thank You!

Redwing likes this.
  17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

EVERY change & update brings a slew of new bugs... EVERY time.

Epic Buttstomp and Redwing like this.
  18. Epic Buttstomp

They cannot afford the official QA team anymore I guess. The external testers if any are not professional QA that will work thru the test cases assuming they even have those. We regular players are the testers.

19. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio did a bad job explaining to the average users (most are mobile gamers) on how the Runes work. I had a hard time trying my wife on what they are for and the cost to remove them.

For me and my son we can understand it. Runes work like World of Tanks' equipment or World of Warships' upgrades, in those case mounting is free other the cost of item. But dismounting will cost you premium currency.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

but you can just replace with a dif one for free. you do loose the old rune though

RNGesus likes this.