1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rovio's New Inventory - WTH?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie14, Jan 25, 2019.

?

Who hates this?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    98.1%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

Rovio doesn't cease to annoy me with ridiculous new ways of doing things. It's like they want us to take more time staring at a complicated screen!

Attached Files:

Bacon McOink likes this.
  2. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

We already have a thread going listed as version 2.0

Annie14 likes this.
  3. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

That's cool... But I have a poll .. Hahaha:D

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I have no idea why they make something that are simple to use to this non intuitive mess. We can figure it out because we have a clue on what to do and what to look for. New players will be lost!! This is not a full blown PC or console games that you can ask/force people to watch the tutorials.

Annie14 likes this.
  5. Nyk

Nyk Motherflocker

Why do they need a tutorial? Me, you, Wolf, Greg, Tiger, Redwing, and the others will all teach them how to use it. And when people get pissed off and spam the forums RemixFTW will be here to moderate it.

/heavy sarcasm end

Annie14 and Tigerangels42038 like this.
  6. Epic Buttstomp

Hahahahahaha. I suspect 95%+ of the players out there don't come to this forum, the Russian blog, or similar sites at all. And no they don't know anyone who comes to these places either. Most better quality mobile games either give you a quick tutorial or easy enough to figure out yourself. I am not going to start a new account just to see what help I get, no time for that. Complicated UIs are fine for PC and Console games where the more serious gamers go. I am the oddball who plays on PC, console, and mobile these days. Sometimes 2 devices the same time, Quick play in ABE on up to 3 devices (me + household) while playing something else on PC or Console. But then I have been playing on computer (Apple II+) since early 80s.

Annie14 likes this.
  7. Nyk

Nyk Motherflocker

I thought the same until one day my mom started telling me what she saw on the forums. Other people in my old clan have visited here and posted in game long before I started passing on Russian Intel. Maybe statistically 95% never visit this site, but at least 10-20% get most of their info from here either directly or indirectly. Thats still 50-100k people

Tigerangels42038, Redwing and Annie14 like this.
  8. Machineofmt

Machineofmt Hatchling

Way too complex and slow to use. It will take me at least 20x as long to do the same thing I used to do...if I had the patience. It's as good as broken to me for now. I could not even figure out how to sell totems at all. It looks nice, but unfortunately it's an unusable piece of crap.

honeybun and Annie14 like this.
  9. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

You can only sell the extra totems that go into your mailbox now.

Nyk likes this.
  10. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It's a horrible trap. The only improvement they made was enabling almost unlimited levelling in one transaction. Whilst it does show the resource cost required, the amount of levels gained is pretty easy to miss, since it's now a little blue arrow and number on a blue background and not in the same box as the resources. Also, having the now unsellable (from inventory) totems already in the box is just going to teach newbies to click on them to set up their feed. I suppose the original goal of them being a mechanism to slow down progress by draining resources unecessarily is being achieved.

From a QOL point, it's a bad design. Way too many screens and clicks required to achieve the user goal. Despite being newer and flashier, it ends up being a downgrade over the previous system. The only way I can see them improving it, short of reverting to the old system, is to delink it from the birds and create an inventroy button on the main interface.

Tigerangels42038 and A. Wolf like this.
  11. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Every major change tries to do something with a purpose (improve gameplay, introduce new gameplay or increase revenue)

Seems this update does nothing....change for change sake never works

Annie14 likes this.
  12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

The last one did nothing at all to improve either, just visual & interface overhaul.
    I cant believe the amount of time they are putting into breaking this game the last few months...

13. Urban

Urban Tiny Birdy

I timed myself, just to have actual numbers to illustrate exactly how poorly this new interface works. I started with a full inventory and 100 birds in the inbox. Then I merged once and sold, every single time except for 4 blue birds (I was at 8000+ evo mats with blue) that I sold straight up. This took me 40 minutes. With the old inventory this could be achieved in no more than 4 minutes.

Also, what happened to the other thread? The 2.0.0 one. Did someone decide to sweep it under the rug? ;)

Annie14 likes this.
  14. Buds

Buds Motherflocker

The 2.0.0 discussion was shoved to the "Updates" sub-category.

15. Urban

Urban Tiny Birdy

Hahaha, that should be enough to hide it from most people. ;)

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Why move that thread? it relevant to general discussions & that area is where threads go to die...

17. Buds

Buds Motherflocker

Sorry, my bad.
    I meant; "News and Announcements".

18. Epic Buttstomp

19. Buds

Buds Motherflocker

And by "preview", they mean; the iOS users who haven't been given it yet.

20. Epic Buttstomp

Anybody want to bet whether they will roll back the update?
    Rovio rolled back the new event format with the ridiculous points requirements before....

Annie14 likes this.