1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rovio support? Forget it....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roa, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Roa

Roa Hatchling

Hi, i'm not trying to complain or rant. Just to share my experience with the so-called " Support team"

After the last update i had serious problems with the app. I contacted the support, this is the result after my last contact:

Hi there,
    its me again. During the last weekend (and also before and after) i counted more than 70 crashes during the play. There may be more crashes, but i stopped counting at 70. This is not only frustrating while i contacted you already due to this problem, this time i'm really pissed about that (sorry for the harsh words).
    I'm a high frequent player and my satisfaction, even my sympathy are totally exhausted.
    I use a iPad Air 2, latest iOS 10 (no, i'm not willing to update on iOS 11). There are never any other Apps open, Cache is cleared before i start the game.
    WiFi is excellent, no other devices are logged in (no PC, no Macbook, no TV) and i'm linked to facebook.
    After starting the game, i can do several actions (using 4 scouts, playing PvP or PvE, selling or evolving some birds, playing dungeons, watching ads). But every time after 4 or more actions the game freezes for 1 second and than crashes.
    I contacted meanwhile Apple support and they asked me to enable sending crash reports, which i always had enabled already.
    They suggested to contact you again and to remind you to watch after the crash reports, which i do herewith.
    This problem isn't understandable for me, although i work for more than 25 years with several different computers and faced small or big problems allover, especially with Windows in its several versions. I don't call me a Pro, but due to the time working with computers from their beginning i think i can call me a Semipro.
    So to that i would appreciate it much, if you could look after my problem, which was granted by your team member Adam in my last ticket.
    Btw i was asked by Apple to keep them informed, which i will do.

Best regards

Here's the first answer:

Hello there,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear you've had some trouble with Angry Birds Evolution.

Please know that it is very likely that the crashes are caused by your device not having the latest OS. Please try updating the OS to the latest version to see if the issue persists.

Also, keep in mind that we did not receive any reports regarding our servers having any problems recently - they were up and running smoothly.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you are otherwise enjoying the game.

Best regards,

That's my reply:

Hi Francis,

i'm sorry to say that your reply is bullshit.

First: you force me to upgrade to latest OS, which should not be necessary if your app is downwards compatable. Before your last upgrade the app was running good and stable, except when there were the critical server issues.

Second: Apple replied to me, that your app is classified by your company as compatable with lower iOS versions and than it should run without any problems.

Third: i know for sure, that it's your strategy to reply always the same. Standardized phrases, in which you blame the customer and his device first of all.

Forth: i hope you know, that in the official forum there are enough customers reporting problems same as mine, reporting also about bugs and glitches. You should have personally a look at this to understand, that i'm not the only one with problems.

Fifth: as i told you, i began with computing more than 35 years ago. In my youth i was a member of a hacking group (not proud of it today ;) ) and therefore i know of what i'm talking about. I play a lot more of games, which all running smooth. Ego shooters also as some of your games. You might know, that in several of your games have been serious problems (Transformers, AB2 etc.), so please don't come up with always the same replies.

Sixth: you have quality assurance responsibles? Really? And what are they doing the whole day? Let me say, that only a satisfied customer is a customer willing to pay money for something he/she didn't need for life, but to have fun. I spent a lot money not only in your games as many people did, but in future i have to think over if i'm willing to do it again.

Seventh: i know also due to,my experience with computers, that sometimes there are problems which no one would have expected. That is ok, until you stand for it. No one will take your head for this, but be honest.

Eight: if it is your company policy and strategy, to earn money, this is fine. But if you annoy to much customers, there will be at least no more money to earn for you. Quite simple as it is.

Ninth: you didn't reply in any words about the fact, that you get crash reports from Apple. Also i didn't insinuate any server issues on your side, because i assume any other problem (code maybe?)

Last: i am collecting the replies of all our clan members. It seems, that we didn't recieve our clan rewards after the last event. In this case i want to contact you again, if possible. Please let me know, which infos about our members you need.

Sincerely

....and that the final reply from them:

Hi there,

and thank you for contacting us!

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We are always looking to develop our games further and to make fun adjustments with the aim of adding new variations to the playing experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this game may have caused you and we honestly appreciate your feedback and comments.

Please know that if someone had any problems with clan rewards they should not hesitate to contact us and we will investigate the issue.

Sincerely,

It seems to me that their not really interested in my or other problems. The fact that most of the old stuff at rovio was fired speeks for itself imo

2. Landon beck

Landon beck Hatchling

This last reply from Rovio is the exact, word for word reply that I received about there not being and my premium egg tickets in any gold treasure chest which began at the start of the new event. I, same as you, spend money in great amounts on this game to have fun and to advance, and the fact that they cannot and will not fix or resolve any issues is a load of crap!

3. Roa

Roa Hatchling

I for myself think that they don't care what anyone wrote. If they can reward you some gems you get them. In all other cases they have standardized replies and that's it. Imo support means much more, but they don't really care about it. They concentrate on producing movies, which the world has not really waited for or needless games like "AB Match" ( really new game idea :rolleyes:)

Onlong and Landon beck like this.
  4. Dr. Possible

Dr. Possible Super Cool Bird

Some people from Rovio support don't bother doing anything, but others have been very helpful.

In the past few weeks (I think during a Beach Brawl), some of my clan members did not receive the 150-gem reward after we placed first. After one of them sent a message to support regarding those few players, Rovio actually compensated them with more than 250 gems for the trouble. I think you just have to hope you get a good staff member to read your message. Play by luck. Some will actually try to fix up things saying that it's an error on their part (have received some of these messages), while others will send a bot saying it's not them it's you.

Landon beck likes this.
  5. Archon

Archon Super Cool Bird

I have a funny feeling that their response to a legal court subpoena involving a class action won't be so standardized lol

6. RockBird

RockBird Tiny Birdy

Honestly, I don’t see how else a support person could have responded after the second ticket. From the standpoint of someone that works in support, their hands are tied in a case where the app is crashing.

Different companies handle it in different ways, but I would imagine troubleshooting this is next to impossible for the person responding to the ticket. All they can really do is offer the template that has been provided to them.

What I hope is happening behind the curtain is that your user id was submitted to someone that can take a look and see what might be happening. It’s possible they don’t know why you are experiencing this, and asking you to update the iOS is the shot in the dark by the tier 1 person that got your case.

The short version here is that it sucks to be on the receiving end of a template, but it’s not fun sending them usually as well. Don’t get me wrong, I have had plenty to gripe about in terms of development decisions and I question some of the canned responses. At the same time, I understand where the support person is coming from-it’s not fun for them to send you that either.

7. Ray Estrella

Ray Estrella Super Cool Bird

I'm not pro Rovio by any stretch of the imagination. But why not update your OS?

I see premium chests are gone again. OH, that's for another thread...

8. Roa

Roa Hatchling

Ray:
    The - for me important - reason is that i use some apps which will not work under iOS 11 until they have been updated. After that has been done i certainly update to iOS 11.
    Nevertheless i expected a reply with less arrogance and templates.

js17 likes this.
  9. Onlong

Onlong Super Cool Bird

I get the same answer from Francis... once its him/her, you can forget about help. he/she DOES NOT read what you write. I always wondered if Francis is a robot.
    Some others are a lot more helpful. You don't always get compensated, but you know they read your messages as they reply to the point you are trying to make.

10. Archon

Archon Super Cool Bird

Rovio support is a pathetic joke, much like the rest of the company seems to be lately.
    Any issue you have with this game WILL be met 100% of the time with a half-ass (albeit better worded) generic variation of "yeah yeah yeah...we know our game sucks now but we're pretending/attempting to convince you that it doesn't because we here at Rovio think you are all stupid degenerate miscreants...now shut up and give us yer munny."

11. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

You know that original post was from last October...right?

12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

But customer support is not that good for this game!!!!