1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rovio seriously needs fix to PvP matchmaking.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemixFTW, Jan 20, 2018.

1. BelethS

BelethS Hatchling

I'd love to see a live arena as well. Maybe in paralel to the asyncronic arena. Live arena: getting matched with an online player, and fighting in realtime, with time limits on shooting birds.
    Win two different type of trophies, with the live arena trophies used to buy like ss-totems etc?

2. Silver Wings

Silver Wings Hatchling

This issue is the first and only thing that has brought me to the Forum and it's enraging. Matches made in Champions 1 are unwinnable roughly 40% of the time for me because only trophy count is factored in when the match is made. I have a team of 4-star birds in the 65-90 level range and I'm regularly matched up against maxxed-out teams of all 5 star birds, all at Prestige levels. There needs to be a cap on team power differential, like plus/minus 50%. I'm being matched against teams that have double my team's power and even when winning each round 5:0 or 4:1 I still get crushed. Very discouraging. Or, at least give me the option to opt-out like I can when I get an arena invite through the bird scouts.

3. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

Still no fix Rovio...

Yes I do like challenges from time to time (like a 24000-27000 power team) I see way to many impossible to win battles. They usually carry out like this.

1. I attempt to get all the pigs on the other side with Claude
    2. Opponent kills every pig WITHOUT a supershot
    3. I use Angromedon to kill at least 3 pigs on my side
    4. Opponent sweeps the board with a black or white bird
    5. I try to come back with a board sweep by using my Buffalo Bills Star Quarterback
    6. Opponent sweeps the board again, causing me to lose

It’s a checkmate for me since no matter what I do, the opponent is just gonna sweep the board twice in a row.

4. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

Do you sweep the board just because? I only sweep if there are four or more pigs with the extra damage trait and I only KO pigs that have the extra damage trait, otherwise I push the pigs over to the other side. With this, I may lose a match once out of every 30 or so due to screwing up my first shot.

5. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

I sweep the board since almost always the pigs are ! ones.

6. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

Days without a balanced and fair PvP: 0

7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Sad thing is once you get a good team PvP becomes boring and only necessary for the keys to the dungeons

At most I lose three times a week and most of those are my fault

8. AdamCarter

AdamCarter Hatchling

A ladder system that pits people against waaay outmatched teams is not fair. It's like a community college basketball team trying to play North Carolina ... there should be multiple ladders or tiers based on team strength/health and trophies.

I've got a decent line up, and still feel like rage quitting sometimes. You should at least have a shot at winning...here was a match I had earlier today.
    1. I knocked all pigs onto opponents side
    2. Opponent killed all pigs (ss move)
    3. I killed all pigs
    4. Opponent killed all pigs
    5. End of game

One fix could be removing the opponents advantage of having their shot clock reduced by one. Rovio considers your first turn as having an advantage, so your opponent get a reduced shot clock, so they mostly get a super shot right out of the gate. If they don't change the match up but remove that advantage I'd be happier.

9. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

I keep reading that people are KOing all the pigs just because the AI KOed all the pigs, that isn’t a great strategy...

10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

You are correct some of the time dosetsu. Sometimes you clear the board and no points are going down. Thus, it is better to keep the birds on the opponent's side and only clear the ones on your side or push them to the other side. points always go down if the pigs attack your opponent.

I also like to clear the board with Bomb and use the cage to separate the pigs on the opponent's side of the board. This prohibits him from clearing the board unless he has chuck.