1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky - How good is he?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemixFTW, Apr 11, 2018.

1. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

Managed to get him with only silver tickets so I’m wondering how good is he...

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I just got him on 11th silver. Why do I always get the birds I don't really want so easily & the ones I really want take a bunch?
    Murphy's Law Sucks!... lol

3. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

I haven't sunk any super shot totems into him yet (may be some long while before I'd consider it really), but he seems like almost an inversion of how most Red birds usually work, which is initial strong damage to a single target and then incidental damage to whatever it bounces into; with Ricky, the damage you're boosting is for the ricochet and not the initial impact. His Blizzard Whirl evolution boosts that damage by a bit more than double (level 60 normal Ricky hits for 933, evolved goes to 1,950), while the Blizzard Blast version deals most of its damage in the final explosion (975 for when pigs are hit as the blizzard moves around, then 2,600).

Blizzard Whirl also increases the super shot timer from 3 to 4.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

Be happy, you'll have lots of tickets saved for Matilda!

5. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Let's wait until Monday, I guess.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Oh yes, I am happy to be well prepared for Matilda. I'm just bummed that I have to throw away Gold & Silver tickets before hand...

7. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Hatchling

He seriously needs a buff. :/ Even with the explanation of inverted power which makes sense, Darlene, a 4 star red at level 40 does almost 4x more damage than him at level 40
    darlene.jpg ricky.jpg

8. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

Usually their real power comes after level 60 or 80. And the you can compare his REAL power - at P1.

Sometimes after evolving at level 60, birds get way more power than before

9. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Hatchling

already aware of this and seen him after level 60 enough to know he needs a buff, he's basically another eddie. just was making a reference

10. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

But Eddie got a major buff and became a good black bird.

11. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Hatchling

you're reiterating the obvious remix. that's why i said he's basically another eddie, as in eddie wasn't that strong because he needed a buff when he first came out..his soul sacrifice still sucks tho :)

12. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

One of my opponents was running a P1 Ricky with the super shot at level 5, Blizzard Blast evolution - the ending explosion was doing something like 7.8k damage (ie, enough to 1-shot kill normal arena pigs under normal conditions), which isn't much by Red bird standards but bear in mind that the numbers most of the other Red birds have we're comparing against are just what they do to the targeted pig, and then you're lucky if you kill 1 other pig with the ricochets (Angry Santa is the exception of course, but he's very unpredictable) - that's just the AoE after pigs are already being hit and dragged around.

Ricky is quite possibly the best Red bird at doing multi-target damage from what I've seen so far.

13. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Hatchling

anybody seen the other evo in use?

14. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

I saw a video of blizzard whirl and I think I saw it do what blizzard blast does but instead of the blast, pigs nearby freeze instead.

15. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Almost, the freeze effect doesn't hit nearby pigs, just ones that were struck by the blizzard itself.

16. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

Went with whirl. Amazing for PvE since he is basically a better pig attack preventer than Probotnik’s mind control. But if you want to use him for PvP then I recommend that you go for blast.

17. Gaxtin

Gaxtin Hatchling

I'm sitting with him at 60, trying to decide which evolution to go with...:confused:

18. Gaxtin

Gaxtin Hatchling

No advice after red day where many evolved him?

The description of Blizzard Blast sounds better (more damage and 1 shorter SS timer), but the video I watched of it looked like it doesn't really do what it says.

The Blizzard Whirl sounded like it's cool strategically to freeze enemies for a turn, but it's a longer timer for SS and sounds like it does less dmg.

Any advice from people who have used them?

19. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

Blast for PvP
    Whirl for MPDC

20. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

It does what it says it does, it's just how long the cyclone lasts and how good of a job it does pulling pigs in before exploding can vary substantially (the pull isn't so strong that once sucked in they can't escape until the blast, so physics sometimes throws a wrench in the gears).