1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rewards for beating personal best PvP score...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starman.thc, May 14, 2018.

1. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

When I have beaten my weekly personal best score in PvP I have typically gotten lots of gems as a reward. Last week I had beaten my score by a couple thousand trophies, and received about 1300 gems on top of my winnings for the week. I was looking forward to a huge payout this week as I started in a higher league and had a +10 bonus per win. I ended up beating my prior score by over 10,000 trophies. I got 1 gem as a reward...ONE gem! I am thinking that I maxed out the reward and it rolled over to 1, but bottom line is I feel rather ripped off here...it is highly unlikely I will bump up my trophies significantly from here, so earning another large payout EVER is rather unlikely as well. Is this a known issue?

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I think it stops after 15K if I remember? Perhaps less but it has stopped for you at this point regardless...

3. ccWttF

ccWttF Tiny Birdy

For this week, my best score increased from 19k to 30k, and I only got 1 gem for that...........

4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

This isn't a bug, it's just that the way the bonus gem payout works is never actually explained in game in any way (or indeed, mentioned at all) - the game will reward you up to exactly 15,000 gems for beating your personal best high score; how it works is that you are rewarded the difference between your previous best score at the start of the week and what it is at when the week ends (assuming that you end with more), so as you increase your best score from week to week, you get rewarded with EXACTLY as many gems as your score increased by... until your score is 15k or higher. Any further increases past that point will reward 1 gem only.

Your description of your gem payout from last week tells me that you went over 15k when you set your previous high score, otherwise increasing your high score by several thousand points should have rewarded several thousand gems, not 1,300. From this point on, there's basically no reward for beating your high score anymore.

5. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Rovio should honestly increase this cap to much higher since there's now a league only 1,000 trophies behind it now.

6. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I would agree, but sadly at this point I do not see myself beating my NEW high score by that much at any point unless they add more leagues again...thanks for the bad news guys!!

7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

They want us to buy gems instead of earning them by setting arena personal best. They bound to add more leagues with the way things go right now.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I actually think that when they made the game, they never expected people to get much past 15k. Way underestimating the way some people play & never bothered to change the payout since people were not quitting over the issue.
    Just like how they way under shot the leveling of the new arena leagues. The top league should have been a minimum of 25k but more like 30k would be more realistic. Also, the new larger 50 player brackets is ridiculous as a permanent change. More than once a month is way too much.