1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regular 5* birds now locked behind event bird?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SuzyQ, Nov 21, 2017.

1. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Hatchling

So now we have the event bird Cold Turkey and then two 5* birds that would normally drop at any time locked? Is this the new trend? Doesn’t make sense to me. So that would be less 5* birds dropping unless you get Cold Turkey.

Carson Coyote, Annie14 and Riedgu like this.
  2. Ray Estrella

Ray Estrella Super Cool Bird

I'm happy. I'd rather get the special first. But you probably cried about Blue Annie locked behind two crud birds too...

3. VeronicaVaughnV

VeronicaVaughnV Super Cool Bird

This is just a guess, but I don’t think the intent was to make less 5 stars available (and no I don’t think this because I believe Rovio is some sort of caring corporation). I think that this new 3 bird unlocking event system is their new way of doing events. Since they only made one new Turkey bird they had to pick 2 other 5 star birds to come after him and doing a theme like core birds or rock stars wouldn’t make sense so they just picked a couple of 5 star birds that were not in any specific grouping and had no event of their own.
    I’m not saying I agree with this new system concerning event birds, BUT I can see it being helpful to someone who wants a specific 5 star bird like Dutch or Steve and hasn’t been able to get them due to there not being specific events for these birds... For example If the second bird was the regular white Annie I would thrilled at the chance to finally get her...

4. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Hatchling

Thank you for the thoughtful response Veronica. I only want the Turkey but just thought it might not be great for others who may want Dutch or Steve and now they are locked and won’t randomly drop like before (not that the drop rate is great in any event)!

5. Hell No!

Hell No! Hatchling

I am pretty sure you can still get steve and dutch even while they are technically locked, you can still get them at the regular droprate.
    When unlocked you start increasing the multiplier for that bird.
    That beeing said really hoped dutch would not be the last bird, as of right now it´s just crazy expensive to really try going for the third bird of each event.

6. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

I think we will see Annie in the mix sometime down the road and Claude. Probably 3rd bird.

Also since Dutch and Steve are featured birds after the dumb looking turkey (IMO take it easy lol) my logic would tell me you cannot obtain them until unlocked.... I may be wrong but my gut says they are locked until you've gotten turkey giblets

7. Prince Playboy

Prince Playboy Super Cool Bird

I believe, this event adds a boost to the other two as they are already obtainable from premium hatches. Just like adding the likelihood of hatching them.

8. Terrence

Terrence Super Cool Bird

during this event...one of my clanmates got dutch before obtaining cold turkey and his multiplier didn't reset. so the regular 5 stars are still in the drop list during normal days/event days.

9. Pedro Monteiro

Pedro Monteiro Super Cool Bird

I got dutch before i got cold turkey, didn't reset my multiplier either, so no not locked just no multiplier until you unlock him

10. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Hatchling

Thanks guys!

11. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

And Steve sucks. As we've established

12. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Steve is not that bad. It’s easy to avoid the power-ups and he has the 2nd highest white bird damage in the game. (Possibly higher than early threat Annie :eek:)

13. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

Jackie is WAY MORE EFFECTIVE. I don't even put steve on my dungeon team and am happy with my maxed kid yolo. Coins bee-jock

metztli013 likes this.
  14. metztli013

metztli013 Super Cool Bird

I LOVE Jacquie! lol I'm a big Jacquie advocate. She's awesome! =)