1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question re: Arena Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwing, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Did rewards get changed with the update, or are they still the same as last week?

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

We wont know til it starts but Russian intel says its back to good...

3. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Guess I'll have to hold off then. I can only see the 1st place arena reward is 1300 gems and some prestige totems. The other rewards are hidden until an arena battle is played. Last week, I accidently bumped the battle button and ended up in a league 3 days earlier than I wanted to. Long story short, way too much effort just to get 210 gems.

4. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

Arena rewards have not changed assuming you mean PVP arena rewards, i believe A. Wolf thought you were asking about event rewards.

5. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Thanks for that :)

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Ive done that a couple times... I hate it

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

How does entering a league early and late in the week affect game play? I've heard you guys talk about it but no explanation has been given that I can find.

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

From what I can tell, there's only 50 slots each sub-group within the leagues. So entering late just filters you to the bottom, along with the rest of the 14K plebs, who are either moving up a league or just sinking to the bottom of the pool.

Unfortunately, I messed my experiment up last week and accidently entered myself on the second day. That meant I was already well behind everyone in the top of the bracket. The previous week, I entered in the last two days and ended up placing 5th, since most of the teams were mainly 4* birds. So my plan this week is to enter around the final 24 hrs and see how it goes. What I'm hoping to accomplish is finding that sweet spot between too soon and too late.

9. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

As mentioned above, the leagues contain 50 slots each, and I believe that when one fills up, another is opened for the next person. This goes on and on as the week progresses. When you jump into a league earlier in the week, you are battling all week to stay ahead of the motivated competitors possibly battling for the 5th slot relentlessly, and if you actually sleep, you have more chances to lose ground. The thinking behind waiting is that if you join a league later in the week, you only have to stay ahead for however many days remain...for example if you join on Thursday, you only have to battle for 3 days. I have had mixed results with this...if you jump in at the wrong moment, you could be put into a league where you are a fair amount behind to begin with. I too am looking for that sweet spot, however, I think it is more a matter of luck as to who ends up in your league.

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Wow. That's....crazy. It explains why when I wait a few days I don't end up in the leagues with people scoring 12,000 points that week. Thank you for sharing this! I always wondered what happened to the people ranking below 50.

11. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

My son started in my household of 3 players. By entering the arena late Tuesday or Wednesday (better) North American time, we seem to be allocated into leaderboards with the slackers. You should be able to get into and stay in top 10 quickly with just use up the arena turns without spending tickets. The idea is not to get #1 early. You want to be lurking around the #5 spot within 1 day or less. Then you can see the playing pattern of those around your ranking and decide how hard and whne to push. To stay in top 3 should not be hard to do. Some time it is better to let the #1 go and let that player burns his tickets to get thousands of points ahead. No point to fight for 200 gems difference.

If you are dying for dungeon keys and could care less where you end up in the PvP, start immediately. If you want to get into top 5 for better prizes, wait at least 48 hrs.

My wife (on iPad) claims it is better to Not Claim anything when the week ends. However that seems to be impossible for me (Samsung S8) as the game somehow dumped me into claim prize screen for arena. Claim if you must but just don't play after.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

So, that waiting ONLY works in the top league that starts at 14k.
    The lower tier leagues aromatically slot you into a group whether you start or not...

13. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Everytime I do that trick 1st is 500 trophies above and goes about as fast as the top players do :confused:

14. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I jumped into a league I believe on Friday one week and number 1 was 3000 trophies ahead...still can't figure that one out...

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That bracket had to have been open at least half a day already when you jumped in. Its always a possibility, especially the longer you wait... Also, he might have just used a bunch of his entry tickets to jump out to a big lead.

Redwing likes this.
  16. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Ive done that a few times, its a pure battle, make sure you can dedicate a lot of your time to it, you cannot take your off the ball for a moment lol

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I tend to go in on Sat am most weeks. I always go hard on double key day anyway so its not that much more work.
    Im just so over grinding all week for keys & maybe very few gems when the dungeons only give half the gold. Ive seen a HUGE drop off in arena play throughout the game since then as well so I know its not just me.

In general, i see the arena per battle rewards as way too small for the tediousness of it & i wish it was a 20 min refill timer so it didnt feel so pressing to get into the game every hour...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Yep. Same sentiment here. Thank God for the energy in the daily rewards or I'd never get that silver ticket. I never enter the arena anymore unless I need essence for a specific color.

Oddly enough, the only "game play" in the game aside from EI is in the arena. But once your teams are prestiged 5* birds there's little challenge and it's tedious. 50% of the time the battle doesn't last past chuck and if it does, Carson ends another 40-45% of my battles.

19. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

If I scored 12,000 points in a week, I would have lost every league I've been in this year by at least 10,000 points.