1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvP Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FyreByrd, Apr 12, 2019.

1. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

This question is probably asked, and answered, many times, but I can’t find them. Been playing since the game was announced and signed up in the beginning. But, still can’t understand why, on my 1st bird in PvP, I kill 1 or 2 birds, & no “points” are taken away from the other team.

2. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Each pig in the arena has one of three symbols above it's head, and each symbol represents something different.

The extra damage symbol is the only one that when the pig has been killed will take life off the health bar for either you or the AI.
    20190411_212115.jpg
    The Super Shot reduction timer symbol will decrease the amount of time it takes for the bird's super shots to activate, decreasing it by 1 turn, again for both you and the AI depending on who killed that pig.
    20190411_212147.jpg

The health boost symbol will restore a bit of health to whomever kills it, you or the AI. 20190411_212204.jpg

Again though, only those with the extra damage symbol actually remove health. If you are experiencing matches where even killing those isn't depleting the AI's health bar then your profile is glitching and you need to submit a ticket. Hope this helps, this and some other decent basic information is available under the "help and support" button within the game.

3. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

Nope, none of the pigs have anything above their heads. Just green little piggies that I kill and no points deducted. Rarely do any of the pigs in PvP have a symbol above their heads in my version of the game.

4. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Then it sounds like you have a glitch because as a day one player myself they always have and it was always one of those three. Might help if you took a screenshot and posted it so we could assist further possibly.

5. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

Yep, preordered the game, downloaded at the beginning. Never had anything above the piggies head. Even reloaded the game. Rarely anything above a piggies head.

6. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Here's how it should look. So in this scenario, killing any of the 4 pigs in the middle will take health away from the other team, while killing the pig off to the left will reduce the super shot timer of the one who killed it.

Attached Files:

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yes, that is correct, also for some reason they have been averaging a lot fewer "!" pigs this year in the arena than they used to.

8. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

Before posting, never anything above the piggies head except when getting a package/gift above the head. (As in when certain birds left an exploding gift box). After posting on here, now all pigs have the thingie above their heads. Very distracting and no idea what they mean. Gonna have to research what they mean. Thank you whoever corrected my game. So, maybe I can figure our why killing some birds never registers taking away points from the opposing team.

9. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

My original response gives the meaning of the symbols, and no one here could have fixed it for you nothing but fellow players. Glad to hear it's resolved though!

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

The most simplistic is that only the ones with "!" will cause any damage when they are killed.

11. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

Thanks Greg Nixon. I’m going to learn them. A. Wolf, the same. And as so fixed it, don’t care, but it was. Searched my game name, I’m the only FyreByrd. So would be easy.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

What Greg meant was that no one here is Rovio staff so none of us would have fixed it. But, good its correct now...

13. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

It was just weird for me.