1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVP & MPDC team advice please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, Feb 27, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Hi all, I am new here.

I have the following birds:
    5*
    Chuck - fire 7 (lv 5)
    Chuck - present 6 (lv 4)
    QB - wide 6 (lv 5)
    QB - heavy 3 (lv 2)
    Eddie - void 6 (lv 4)
    Byron - wide 2 (lv 2)
    Santa - deck 2 (80)
    Frost - king 2 (80)
    Cyril - raging 2 (80)
    Geraldine (51)
    Murphy (51)

4*
    x 2 Carson - wide 6 (lv 5)
    Zain - expansive 4 (lv 5)
    Kowalski - extended 2 (lv 2)
    Billie - double 2 (80)

For PVP I have been using - QB, Chuck, Chuck, Carson, Eddie.
    For MPDC - Eddie, Carson, Chuck, Carson, Zain.

My questions are...
    Which team & which lead bird would you guys recommend for PVP & MPDC?
    Should I continue beefing up Byron & replace Eddie with him?
    Am I totally missing out by not using anyone else I already have?
    Should I save up gold tickets & go hard trying to get Matilda & Claude when they become available(ish)? If so, who do I put them with?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

MUST use in MPDC is:
    Billie with double power up evo. After kill he drops extra power-ups so it's easy way to heal up or have extra damage with Carson.
    SUGGESTIONS
    You could also play MPDC with Santa, since deck the halls can help tag all the pigs and if they are close together - it is massive extra damage for pigs close by.
    Also look how QB bird with wide Phalax plays out. He covers quite an area.
    Zain or other one hit killer bird is also useful for Boss kills. (Usually red birds, besides Zain)

For PVP I see that Eddie is the worst bird, so he is kinda first hitter. So you could replace him with any bird of your choice, which would decorate your team. Just to show off your collection. And if you manage to kill in 3 moves - you can replace one Chuck with something else, just to show off also :)

And do not use tickets during tommorows event. Bomb is not that good and trying to get second bird is waste of materials. Wait until Matilda will be the first bird.

Also Claude is not an event bird. So best chances to get him are during filler events, where is no special bird but they add counter for all the tickets you have used.

For Team leaders, Claude is always the best. For all else - look which colour birds you have the most and try to increase their damage. If two Chucks in PVP both wipe the board, you can make black bird a leader, so both colou birds would deal massive damage.

I hope it helps and try things for yourself

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Thanks a lot for your sage advice...

I have experimented with wide QB & a second Chuck in MPDC but with unpredictable obstacles / terrain I found that it was hit & miss how well they could hit all the pigs. With my current team, 98% of the time I can clear level 9 but level 10 only about 40% of the time depending on who I have powered up & the particular wave of pigs.
    I have indeed been using Eddie as my first hitter in PVP. I have also experimented with QB, Carson, Chuck, QB, Chuck. Using strong QB or Chuck as first hitter. No real difference in results as about 85% of the time I win in 3 hits anyway.

I have almost no real experience using Red, White & Blue birds simply because the first few 5* & 4* birds I happened to get were all Black. Then I got the 2 Chucks & QB so that changed things a lot. I do pretty well & have no intention to waste real $$ on any game so I'd prefer not to beef up random birds just to be disappointed. But, I see so many teams using random color combos & I simply don't know some of the smart combinations without that color experience.

1) I was under the impression from forums & a few trials that Santa was kind of disappointing? Does he just need to get stronger than lv 80?
    2) I know some people love Frost but I found him weak & seemed to only delay a PVP match long enough that I had a higher chance of loosing.
    3) Should I continue beefing up Byron & replace Eddie with him? Is he any better or will I just dump him anyway when (if) I get Matilda?
    4) If I do try using Billie in MPDC, do I need to strengthen her much past her current lv 80 to be effective? Would I use her instead of Eddie?

Thanks!

4. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

1. With santa i manage to kill 4 birds mostly and often clear all the board. In MPDC he is good because he deals 4k damage from presents and also 8-9k extra from presents around. But I have him P5.
    2. For me frost is bad, since he doesn't kill. Better passive ability is power-up upgrade, so at least it's useful. In PVP any delay is a loss
    3. As I know Byron is a best black bird. So check forum about him. Which evo is better and is he really good. At least my impression that he is better than Eddie

4. Billie gives that ability after level 60. But the higher level - the more HP you will have. And extra damage always help, because you have to kill a pig with SS to spawn all these power ups. With Byron it would do a trick beautifully.

5. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Thanks.
    So then considering who I have available, who would you put Frost with?
    Also, have you tried seeing if you can be as or more effective with a non-blue bird?

7. Witkacy [PL]

Well... QB as the lead (wide); Frosty; Chuck; Chuck; Eddie - since you have him more leveled and ss upgraded (those numbers next to evo being ss ranks?)... That way you'll be having boost to all your yellow birds and you might be start your battles with QB as well... The MOST important thing - you could be having 3 1ss birds in your team... A word of note though... I always use Frosty FIRST (he either kills some pigs, or make them attack your opponent those who left - if you aim well you can mark ALL pigs on board with King evo), in your next moves - use both chuck one after another (put your Chucks as I wrote above - best to place him in the centre of your team and fire him with STRAIGHT line - back and forth)... I don't think you would be need to use your Eddie though... The same as I hardly ever use Carson...

To answer your question: no, because I've got 2 Frostys then 2 Chucks... Sure I could put another Chuck instead of Frosty, but I won't do since he's not leveled and not having upgraded his ss that much as 1 Frosty has...

Cheers,

W

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Hmmm, seems like an Apples or Oranges kind of thing. In other words, go with what you have as long as it gets the job done just as well...

I'm not seeing the benefit of me spending a lot of time, gold & material to level up Frost just for PVP as it would likely net me the same results. I am pretty much already winning 90+% of the time with my team & most often in just 3 hits - Eddie (or any other 5*), Chuck, QB - done.

9. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I recommend that you should go for Dr. Probotnik when he returns. I have a Mind Control Probotnik and he is extremely OP. The ability to delay a pig’s attack is very useful in the later waves. If it’s a large pig or Pasty (Pasty never gets mind controled due to a bug atm) then they deal OP damage to the pigs.

10. Witkacy [PL]

Wolf :)

May I ask if you have read the description of Frosty supershot closely? If not, please do - then you'll find out that THIS ONE particular bird has the UNIQUE skill outside arena as well - ''when marked pigs turns their vulnerable backs to the player'' EVERYWHERE: in dungeons, in Major Pecker's Challenge, in ordinary fights while playing manually, not just using ''quick fight'' mode... (you can trust me - I've checked this one by myself). And when they turn their backs to you it's LOT EASIER to wipe them off with the rest of your birds... Is that simple :) Sure - it's your time, gold, and mats - yet it certainly worth to spend some to level him up of course if you find this useful and needed. ;)

Cheers,

W

11. Rod911

Rod911 Hatchling

Frost is not so great in PvP, but very worth while in every other part of the game. His ability allows you more time to use your SS to clear the pigs. I use two of him with both evolutions and find in MPDC that his SS, if aimed correctly, allows me to keep the thief pig around for my big hitters to kill him. Same goes for any other pig that is due to attack me. Frost's SS holds their attacks back depending on how many hits Frost gets on them.
    As I don't have that many birds to choose from, my line-up stays the same in PvP. For PvP, either Frost tends to be my first attack, but then I don't get to use Frost's SS at all if I can help it. Instead, I rely on clearing the board with my, in the following order if needed, Chuck, QB (wide) and QB (heavy). If for any particular reason (usually an opponent with a much higher HP than me), the fight is still on, Frost is my last bird to go, and as he does nearly no damage to the pigs, I hope that I hit enough of them to turn around and finish the remaining life points of my opponent.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Are you guys able to consistently clear wave 10 in MPDC using your Frost(s)? If not, I still don't see that advantage or reason for ME to beef him up enough to use him. I'm not knocking him at all, it's just that I already have a team that gets me to level 10 as it is.

I'm really looking for the bird or team grouping that will help me clear wave 10 most of the time. I am assuming at this point that Matilda will be a boost for my PVP & possibly MPDC team once I get her. I already have a max of white material saved up since I don't have any good White birds yet.

13. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

In PVP delaying the pig's attacks is BS. If there are 5 pigs with "!" mark - they would deal less damage to opponent than if you kill them all. So if it is "!" pigs- you have to kill them to deal more damage. So frost in PVP is not that good. Since blue birds don't have consistent trajectory.

In MPDC - I would take a look, ability to avoid damage is very nice. But as I said - if you would use Billie to spawn power ups - then use Byron to upgrade them and kill some pigs and them use another bird to wipe them- fool proof plan.

Also if you even manage to get damage - power ups can save your life. Just still you need one hit killer. So for me it is Zain or Red. Depending on the colour day.

14. Rod911

Rod911 Hatchling

Only as of late, yes, having 2 Frosts allows me to complete MPDC. Getting my QB to 100 has helped. My current lineup for both PvP and MPDC is as follows:
    - level 100 QB (wide)
    - level 80 Frost (Putin)
    - P5 Chuck (fire)
    - level 100 Frost (GoT)
    - level 70 QB (strong)
    Having said that, if what you're doing is working for you, keep on doing it. Each to their own.

15. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

I don't know about you guys, but MPDC has never been super hard to me, it's all about reading a birds Super Shot description and finding out which synergize best. I personally use a full Superstar team and have cleared MPDC since it was originally introduced.

I mean, hell, you can take Tiffany, a 2 star bird in and clear it due to how overpowered her Super Shot is.

16. Witkacy [PL]

Wolf :)

Yes, I DO... Playing twice everyday to grab everything possible for myself and help with the clan rewards as well... No matter of the day's colour ALWAYS using Frosty and always clear 10 waves both times with the score of 900+ DAILY ;)

Cheers,

W

Attached Files:

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Ok, I will reconsider using him down the road if I still need help.
    I have only been playing MPDC for 3 weeks or so since they finally added/fixed it for new players so I'm still getting used to team & color options...

Thanks.

18. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, I tried it with my lv 80 Billie yesterday & it worked great up til wave 6 or 7 when he was just way too weak to kill anyone, which meant his power-up spawn was useless. So, I was going to wait til red day to beef him up. Now I'm thinking about trying Tiffany.

Any recommended evo & power to get her up to?

20. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Replied in other thread to keep it aboutt Tiffany.

And for Billy - on later stage you should kill pigs which are already hit. So you could spawn 3 or 6 power-ups. But as you will see - Tiffany spawns way more power-ups