1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvP: Gem rewards changed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liontooz1, Aug 14, 2018.

1. liontooz1

liontooz1 Tiny Birdy

Massive change in the gem rewards.
    Until last week it startetd with i guess 500 or 550 gems, now the 50th place earns just 110.

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Too much easy money. It doesn't make sense and do not promote playing when you play 1 game (win or loose) and get 500 gems.

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i always thought it was not tapered down quite enough but the Prestige totems should taper down to the 10th spot with the 50 person brackets now...

4. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I never bothered about how much it tapered down but completely agree that the prestige totems should go further down, with 50 players trying to just get in top 5 its a pain and too many players for such a small bracket of rewards

5. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

On the other hand, now that they've revamped the rewards from events to include a lot more prestige totems, the fact that the totem rewards for PvP don't taper down past #5 is less of an issue than it used to be; you get a pretty decent stream of totems in from finishing personal and clan events (to the point where adding in the PvP reward totems keeps putting me above the cap, 30 is entirely too small of a number).

Ceez likes this.
  6. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

Another clear example of Rovio taking stuff away from us. Going from 900 for fifth place to 400 for sixth is rather harsh. With these 50 slot competitions it has become increasingly difficult to stay in the top 10, let alone hit the top 5. Rovio is consistently granting rewards then taking them away. I am still not happy about the crappy daily rewards we were left with after the initial rewards, and now this. I really do hope they keep this up...it will finally push me to move on to something else...

7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

There is a trick to the arena: Don't play for couple of days after the new week begins!!!!

You will be put into the lesser leagues and won't be hard to be among the top if you play regularly enough. My son stumbled upon it. My wife who used to grind to stay near the top went for it. Couple others in the clan practice that. Same prize at the end so why do we need to deal with the "Highly Involved Players"??

8. Tigerangels42038

Thats not a trick really, thats been around since as long as ive been playing. Theres also mulptiple posts about it on here going back as far as when forum started. Also its only an option nowadays if your willing to give up the reward silver tickets from daily tasks, unike back in the day when you lost nothing so you could leave pvp as long as you wanted, some weeks i didnt play until the sunday and battled it out in the last few hours of the league.

A. Wolf likes this.
  9. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Well, lost nothing except all of the dungeon keys and the gold/materials you get for redeeming said dungeon keys, so... the literal opposite of losing nothing, you lose a ton putting off PvP until the very last day. I've never actually kept track of how many matches I play in a week, but doing some rough calculations based on my typical ending score and the average trophy count per match to estimate how many keys I acquired via PvP, it works out to something like 46,956 gold derived from those (which seems about right), so I would lose 6.7K gold per day for every day I delay starting PvP.

Granted, I'm probably not the most representative example you could pick, but the point is that there was/is always a trade off involved.

A. Wolf likes this.
  10. Tigerangels42038

Actually i didn't lose anything, you cant lose something you didn't want. I've played pvp depending on what I've needed, played nearly 24/7 with barely any sleep to make sure i won the gems for my clan since they were so scarce, same if we needed gold for levelling up or if i badly wanted a bird evo'd quick, I've left it to a last minute battle out if i didn't really need anything but might as well go for some rewards, recently I've only been playing to meet the daily task requirements, again because i don't need anything the now. The arena is very useful in getting gems, gold, evos and XP (if your under level 30 and you need it to level up quicker) but you can tailor it to what you need at the time.

A. Wolf likes this.
  11. John Johnson

John Johnson Hatchling

I agree, and disagree... It's not tapered down enough and it's also not boosted enough from one League to the next... +100 gems more for 1st place from one to the next is just kind of messed up. I think they but the low too low... I always thought 1 league to the next should end high for one should be low for next so you don't have people bouncing up and down in Leagues.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Agree, and the new low is too low. It kills the desire to be in top league unless you can be sure to be top 5. There should be an extra high elite league starting at 30k or higher for those who really want to have no life & play nonstop with real $$.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.