1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvP All 5 One Color

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FyreByrd, May 15, 2018.

1. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Hatchling

New rules this week. Extra trophies if all 5 are RED. HATE IT! You are up against players with 3 to 5 different colors/abilities. One color means basically one ability. Put all red against Chuck, a Bomb, a Frost, a Footballer. Not equal.

2. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Not to mention that new players like me are exremly lucky if they have 2 birds of every colour that stand a chance in pvp

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

It is not a requirement to play Reds. Just play your best team & you'll do better in the long run. Quicker battles & no losses.

FyreByrd likes this.
  4. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Hatchling

Good point

5. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Hatchling

Thinking the same thing. Wonder when then next survey pops up asking about it.

6. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Tiny Birdy

For a change their latest survey (that a few of my clan members got an hour ago) wasnt about PVP, they wanted to know if players would pay for different skins for birds :rolleyes:

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, literally all they care about right now is how they can try to milk us for $$.
    They don't get that fixing the damn game should be the first & most important thing to do before players will be willing to do spend a dime...

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  8. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wolf :)

Right, yet you forgot to add ''in the normal universe, not the Rovio's one'' ;)

Cheers,
    W

9. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

You can play your regular or whatever combo you like as long as you can win. You will get 10 trophies less but long winning streaks will offset the losses.

Personally I want Rovio to make these arena rules stricter that you need to have the combination they want or you cannot play. Or penalize you to have much less trophies, very tough pigs, etc. It really looks stupid when some of the top players in any given leagues are not follow the rules.

I personally can field an all Red team but the team power will be 29K. My Insane pig power level is at 30K. It is way too much work to do the change every time. Rovio needs to allow us to preset flocks. I will have no issue if they want the White team, that one is over 31K and probably higher by then.

FYI. I find Matilda (both evos) doesn't work as good this week in arena, cannot kill the pigs. So for this week I am running 2 Chucks, Carson, Red, and Rooster. All prestiged.

10. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

That would be horrible, there's already a penalty for not following the color restrictions (-10 trophies per victory), the fact that these are optional bonuses is the only saving grace. Playing with 5 red birds is kind of miserable and I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to do so.

Also, how would you know that those top players are not fielding all red teams? I'm in 1st place in my league right now, but if I happen to be doing a wave battle or MPDC, I'm definitely not taking the all-red team into those so selecting my entry won't reflect what I'm actually doing when it's me playing in PvP and not the AI (one of my clan members was jokingly complaining that my "normal" team was playing too rough when the game selected me as his opponent). I would argue that the top players are actually the ones most likely to follow these color restrictions when team building.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I have been playing for 6+ months & the ONLY 5* Red bird I ever hatched until 4 weeks ago was Santa. Now, I have a full team of 5 that can run insane in dungeon but they mostly suck & I would never use any of them in Arena except for Claude. Not because I cant still win most of the time but because it takes way too damn long to win with the reds. Point being, it's rare that any one would have a full team of each color that is strong enough to do really well in the Arena. Everyone is going to have to decide from week to week if the 10 bonus trophies is worth the hassle of much longer game play. For me (& most top players), it is a clear & resounding NO!

I am not actually opposed to weekly changes in the Arena but I am very opposed to any change that drastically slows down battles. Invincible pigs, weak pigs, all one color, stupid bugs, etc...

12. Epic Buttstomp

If all arena participants must use red only teams for arena, then the time consuming issue will be equalized. Problem is I follow the rules while others come in with mixed colors with the advantages of the other colors. Red birds will have a tough time once SS is activated to pick up things like healing hearts.

I think pure white, yellow, and black teams can compete if you have certain birds, maybe multiple of certain ones. They can easily get to the healing hearts if necessary.

This week I am playing a partial red team since Matilda cannot kill pigs under some circumstances. The flock has: Carson, 2 Chucks, Red, Rooster.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Not really, this would unfairly alienate a huge percentage of players (especially newer players).
    If I was FORCED to play arena in a fashion that took 2-3 times longer per match I would not play it & probably quit all together. It would simply take too much of my life to play.
    Not to mention what a huge advantage it would give to only the tippy top (and lucky) players that already happen to have all the birds they would need (and leveled up) for a particular color.

One of the major fundamental flaws of the high * Red birds... There's a 1* & 2* red that do pick up all power ups during SS.

14. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

While I will agree that I would prefer them to not make mono-color teams a thing from week to week (really hoping the next 4 weeks aren't just going down the line in color order), pretty much all of my opponents are running a full team of red birds; the few that aren't are those same players clearly doing something other than PvP so their team was different when the game grabbed their lineup info.

There's also Fire Rooster, who is kind of the stand out all star this week thanks to his AoE making it easy to collect power ups.

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I'm seeing about 50/50 all red or just best mixed team.

16. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

Don’t forget if you can’t do the arena without a good team of a certain color (if they add Epic Buttstomp’s idea) then you’re screwed as dungeon keys that are obtained from PvP are NEEDED to evolve 5* and if you can’t play PvP without a good team then you’ll never win which will result you in keeping a low leveled team forever...

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yup.

What about instead of changing the main arena every week, they could instead add a second arena type daily event that is color day specific with that day's color only entry...

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  18. Epic Buttstomp

That will keep the hardcore players busy all week. 2 Arenas.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, it could be Arena Lite with fewer play chances than the regular arena.
    Or, you just have to hit a certain # to get a reward like in MPDC (1 Prestige Totem & a few Gems would ne nice).

There is just not enough diverse content. It's way too repetitious right now!
    I'd really like to see them slow down the arena ticket re-spawn from 10min to 20min or longer & add more original gameplay to diversify.

20. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Meanwhile, my arena team this week consists of:

Claude (Contagious) P.5
    Red (Weak spot) Lv. 100 evolved
    Rooster (Inferno) P.5
    Claude (Strong) P.5
    Bette (Extended) Lv. 70

And hey, I'm rarely losing, so I don't care.