1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvP "AI"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PolliSoft, Aug 10, 2018.

1. PolliSoft

PolliSoft Hatchling

Hi all,
    I haven't seen the topic anywhere, or I'm just bad at searching....
    I want to understand the rules of the PvP "AI" in the arena. Mostly for fun, but if we crack the behavior we might be able to use it for our advantage as well.
    After playing a lot of arena matches, I've found the following:
    1. Your opponent always aim straight for the pig with lowest health on its side of the field. This also means that there is no consideration of pigs standing in front of it, or that the AI would try to optimize overall damage. If the attack is a black SS, then the center of the attack is on that pig.
    2. If 2 or more pigs have equal health, the opponent aims for the pig closest to "home/its own birds" of the pigs with lowest health. This is a pattern I have seen, but I'm not 100% sure that it is like this.
    A funny note for this is that sometimes (especially when using Xeno's SS) a pig without health is still on the board. This is an obvious bug, but the AI always chooses that pig to hit anyway (if it is on the upper side of the field).
    What I haven't been able to find out is how the attacking bird is chosen? Can you help me out in finding this out?

Cowboysfan likes this.
  2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I can tell you this much, the AI never play Chuck properly. Given I love Chuck to death and have 4 of them, the best way is straight up-n-down or as close to that as possible. AI shoots Chuck diagonally, no good. I just wish there is a way you can tell AI how to play your flock when AI use it to go against someone else.

Anyhow in PvP, AI dies quickly for me.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  3. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

In my opinion the AI is not programmed to win in the Arena. In the event marker PvP there is more challenge, but even then I rarely lose. Boring most of the time

Cowboysfan likes this.
  4. Epic Buttstomp

That is why (despite others claims) I like to see arena rules and only rules abiding flocks can play. Arena did get challenging when the rules were in play and I was forced to take the less powerful birds I have. No more 3 Chucks, Matilda, and a starter.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

No disagreement with me. The only challenge, as seldom as it is, are the good PvP battles. I wish the Arena was with random birds. Then you would need to think every battle

The last three event battles (48-50) are a challenge if you don't have the event bird evolved.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  6. Epic Buttstomp

Without event bird is possible if you have the proper birds. Dr Probotnik with mind control and Bomb with thunderdome are the 2 I used to control those bosses while my 2 Chucks and Matilda eat them away.

7. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I too find the last several levels of the event tough to beat. I don't typically have the event bird, and if I DO happen to acquire it during the event, it might not be ready to use before the event ends ...depending on the state of my inventory/materials (not to mention that by this point all event levels have been beaten anyway, so the significance of having the right team is vastly diminished). I have managed to beat level 50 almost every event even without the event bird since I have been able to cobble a decent team together...somewhere between 78K and 89K, which does cause me to replay a few of them to beat them. Claude, Chuck, and Frost are extremely helpful when I am able to include them.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I am all for a more competitive Arena but NOT if it takes 2x as long to win or loose each battle. As it is, I feel like the arena entry tickets replenish way too fast. It means that being competitive requires playing it every hour which is just unrealistic for the average person.
    Making it maybe 10 entries that replenishes 1 every 20-30 min would be more relaxed & fun. Its just way to tedious as is & was even worse during the attempts at changing it.

JustSomePleb likes this.
  9. Epic Buttstomp

Essentially you have to play and focus more on the arena to get to top 5. My wife got there few time but she plays whenever there are lives in the arena. It helps when her flock is slow so there are always something by the time she finished few games.

At least there is a limit for arena tickets, 25. If you have played enough Angry Birds 2 before you will remember there is limit for anything including arena tickets over there. It was beyond ridiculous and still is in some area.

10. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I'm about 99% certain the game rolls a dice behind the scenes to pick which bird to fire, there's certainly no consideration for whether or not they have super shots ready, and it doesn't particularly follow team order either. The only exception is if Claude is the leader and you significantly reduce the AI's health; 95/100 times they're going to fire Claude (the times they don't it's because the AI already used him).
    Never is too strong of a word, "rarely" is more appropriate - every once in a great while the AI uses Chuck in a devastatingly effective way, ie, vertical/near-vertical instead of diagonal, and it's always a little surprising when it does happen. The AI using the QB correctly on the other hand is pretty much what always happens, provided it doesn't fire him turn 1.

PolliSoft and Cowboysfan like this.