1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probability & luck, how it affect the game - managing expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onlong, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Onlong

Onlong Super Cool Bird

It does reward hard work, but whatever you do is no where near the probability % for your winning to be consistent. Like I said in my post, if you open over 10k egg, your probability will be close to the expectation & luck will no longer be an issue. Not @ 100 or 200 opens. When RIVIO checks its data against all players, I am sure the % of player gets 5* birds is exactly what they intended, just that the distribution is not at the same proportion, some player gets more while others gets nothing.

RyogaDyana likes this.
  2. Nana

Nana Super Cool Bird

It's a game, it's supposed to bring ya some fun or relaxation. Hell, it took me a month before I finally won an event bird (not for lack of trying).....but while I wasn't winning the event birds, I still enjoyed the game and kept trying. Maybe I won't win 1 again for another month...or ever again lol, who's to say.....if ya like the game, just hang in there and keep playing ...... hope u get ur chuck Desert Song ;)

Diablo and Onlong like this.
  3. MrVociferous

MrVociferous Hatchling

Personally, I think the whole 10x luck thing is a gimmick and is entirely meaningless. My guess is that the odds of getting a 5-star bird are around 1-1000. For the event bird, it might be 1-2000. So if the 10x multiplier was accurate (which it's probably not since there's no way of knowing any of the odds and being able to check anyways) it's still extremely unlikely you get one.

4. chupik

chupik Hatchling

I think , luck is integral part of every game. especially gambling games
    I haven't believed in luck before i won $800 on a https://slotsjudge.com/ once

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  5. Vexim

Vexim Moderator

As long as you remember you are playing a game and don't let the game play you, it should be just fine.