1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro tip: sell Angry (XP) Totems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loox, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Loox

Loox Super Cool Bird

OK...
    1. on double xp day an Angry XP totem raises a one star bird by 16 levels. This costs 30 gold.
    2. To raise the same bird 16 levels it takes 4 2-star birds or 5 1-star birds, which costs 120-150 gold, and
    3. We can sell the XP totem for 250 gold.

SO... these totems are now essentially useless, and we should just sell the XP totems for a net profit of 100-130 gold. (250 - (120-150) plus 30)

Way to go design team! Do you guys just not care or what?

I mean really, who are the people in these rooms saying this is a fun idea. Clearly the same people who think it's fun and appropriate to give us 30 gold in our Level Up Chests. I really hope this game doesn't become unsupported because it's the most fun gacha game out there. The battles aren't mindless button pushers like Galaxy of Heroes or the Marvel/DC games. I truly hope Rovio just gives it a little more TLC.

2. Loox

Loox Super Cool Bird

Sorry for the salt :p

Leeloo Dallas likes this.
  3. Lotusroot

Lotusroot Hatchling

I think you are forgetting to factor in the fact that if u use the totem u can sell the birds u would otherwise use to evolve, four 2* birds sell for 8 EM + 80 gold + 120 gold to evolve = 200 gold. So selling the totem only nets you 50 gold extra at a loss of 8 EM, its about break even or I would say worse depending if u value EM's more which most do.
    Same goes for five 1* birds, 5 EM + 50 gold (sell value) + 150 gold evolve = 200 gold. Net gain = 50 gold and loss of 5 EM.

4. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!

5. Renato

Renato Tiny Birdy

yes Lotusroot ^
    going off of that, not only should you consider the sell gold value of the birds and their materials' value...
    but also consider the opportunity cost to level other feeder birds. The general best practice is to save up birds for leveling on their color day. I personally use Anger totems either to push 4/5* birds to 20 - 40 quickly and/or on 1-3* shinies in case i have more shinies than feeders to complete, or not enough feeders. So in other words Anger totems reduce the opportunity cost of using feeder birds = they actually do have relative value aside their sell gold value

Wintermute likes this.
  6. TYRO

TYRO Hatchling

Here is my tip:
    1. On double XP day use Anger Totem on your gold-shiny bird.
    2. Finish upgrading to level 20.
    3. Evolve the bird using evolution material.
    4. Sell the bird.
    Result: for example, a 2-star bird gives 1000 coins and 40 evolution material back.

Math.
    Counting my clan's XP bonus, it takes 1 Anger Totem (250 coins) and 3 one-star birds (10 coins, 1 mat) to get a two-start gold-shiny bird (200 coins, 2 mat) to level 20, and 125 evolution material to evolve. But you might get it evolved with 1 Totem and 1 three or even two-star bird as well depending on your XP bonus.
    A. If you sell all of those above separately, you'll get 480 coins and 5 mat.
    B. If you evolve the bird, you'll spend 35x4 coins and 125 mat on evolution, and get back 1000 coins and 40 mat, resulting in net profit of 860 coins and loss of 75 mat.

Conclusion. It's up to you to decide if you want to spend 75 mat to earn about 860 coins, or just get 480 coins and 5 mat.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Wintermute likes this.
  7. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

Fuzzy math