1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Revert back the daily challenge change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan1212, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Dan1212

Dan1212 Tiny Birdy

Come on rovio.. Who on these forums or anywhere else was complaining about the time it takes to complete the challenge? These changes are just Ughhhh out of left field.

The daily challenge was the most fun part of this game for me.. I don't understand why you guys would want to speed it up.... Gosh.. Just 1 entry now? I understand the reward requirements are less so its easier to obtain.. But i don't care for the rewards to be brutally honest.. For me major pecka daily is angry birds... Pvp is over to fast and scout battles are autobattled and dungeons dont feel challenging ( depends on your team powercourse). There is hardly anything to do in this game and now you want to speed up the time it takes to complete the challenge? Steups lawl.

So all there is to do in this game for me personally is the daily challenge and now they have shortened it to just 1 round... I liked the 2 rounds and the try hardness of it..

Tell me rovio..You seem to be designing a game thats all about the grind and logging in often to autobattle rather than the actual gameplay itself.......

Why not try something else like..
    Perhaps
    -Classic daily
    -Grand daily

-Classic Challenge would be for people that want to get it over with quick (1 round)
    -Grand Daily Challenge would be for people that like a challenge and get bigger rewards in the process (2 rounds)

Grand challenge should reward more for more effort..

So you have your choice of which daily challenge you want to enter... 1 free entry for classic, or 2 free entry for grand (not allowed to enter both). This solution accomplishes the goal you guys seem to want and gives players like me what I want also.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Aphres, AnnieOkra, SquawkTron and 7 others like this.
  2. Desert Song

Desert Song Super Cool Bird

YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES! I never type in ALL CAPS, but I agree 7000%. MPC was the best part of the game for me. I looked forward to it each day. I loved being able to play it twice! I loved the challenge - even when my team was too weak to make it anywhere near level 20. It is the one part of the game that requires real strategy which made it EXTREMELY FUN! Rovio finally got something right, basically the first time! And.......now they're going to mess it all up. Who is making the decisions there any way?

3. Dunkleys

Dunkleys Hatchling

I too would like it reverted. Id also like a Practice mode, so I can try out team variations with no rewards.

AnnieOkra likes this.
  4. metztli013

metztli013 Tiny Birdy

Agreed. Don't recall anyone ranting about amount of time spent in daily challenge. In fact, I LIKED that it could take a while to play through a run. It meant I got some actual quality play time. Do they think we don't actually want to *play* ?? Because, I mean... it's a game. We want to play it.

I think it's nearly time the playerbase took a collective stand and let Rovio know we aren't going to put up with their BS. I'm happy to spend a little bit of money here and there, OF MY OWN FREE WILL, but if I'm going to be forced to pay to play a game, I promise it will not be an Angry Birds game. My wallet is closed until they get their act together.

This is highly discouraging. =(

5. Squadpwr

Squadpwr Hatchling

Amen!! My wallet is CLOSED. Beating Major Pecker and actually PLAYING the game was the best part. I loved it. Strategizing which birds to play brought a whole new challenge to the daily grind.
    Very disappointed.

AnnieOkra and Dan1212 like this.
  6. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

Ends at 8 rounds and I couldn't even get the 3 ss totems I need. This is the final straw for me. If they don't change this back then I am done. Look at their fb post.... Not one liked this change. I would hope they read those and listen to the people. If they don't they will lose so many players.

AnnieOkra, Bridget and Night like this.
  7. RockBird

RockBird Tiny Birdy

I already started playing a new game this evening. The crap had been mounting and I’m done.

AnnieOkra and DUCK NORRIS like this.
  8. Landpirate

Landpirate Tiny Birdy

Put it back , there’s no need to change.
    You’re taking a good game and making it suck. If you don’t want players keep it up then you can start a new game and make it suck.

AnnieOkra and DUCK NORRIS like this.
  9. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

A great game run by shitty people. Sorry not sorry lol I really enjoy this game but they have destroyed it. I'm only sticking around to see what they will do for new event bird. Rumor is something cool is coming for Halloween. Maybe that new black? I'm waiting out until then. If they haven't reverted been and relented by then I'll delete in a heartbeat.

AnnieOkra, Kelvin Lim and Night like this.
  10. Roa

Roa Hatchling

You need to know, that most of the money they made going public went to the pockets of the former owners of rovio. So the new ceo (wasn't he before at Lehman Bros? lol) don't want to pay the employees out of his wallet. While most of the old stuff was fired the quality of the actual stuff is - friendly said - dubious.
    Not all of them, i know, but the good ones stand alone in the dark.
    This is the modern way of burglary

AnnieOkra likes this.
  11. Prince Playboy

Prince Playboy Super Cool Bird

:(...being forced to use gems to get 225 snouts... how sad.

Although only 20 waves, I thought MCP is a survival mode or fight till you drop thing ? What happened with how major pecker bragged about his challenge? Now it's just like a dungeon :(

AnnieOkra likes this.
  12. Landpirate

Landpirate Tiny Birdy

Major Pecker is now Limp Pecker
    Just gave them a 1 star in App Store.
    Game has really gone down hill.

13. Bloodkry

Bloodkry Tiny Birdy

More like small, limp pecker.

14. ZeRo

ZeRo Hatchling

Major pecker was about strategy and challenge then rewards. now its only about profit no strategy no challenge no rewards. U pay u get u dont pay u dont get.

15. Terrence

Terrence Super Cool Bird

Have to agree that the change to MP DC is really a distasteful one. The have since nerfed the premium chest drops and only allow silver tickets to drop over on Sundays over the past 2 weekends but i wasn't even complaining much about that cuz MP DC allows to to at least obtain 1 silver ticket a day. With this change, one need to pay at least 100 gems to get that silver ticket regardless how good u perform in MP DC. so seriously?! Rovio making the game pay to win now? Just change it back already...

What kind of a challenge is it that one goes in with only what...7 waves and it ends? I can just play the dungeons for that kinda "challenge".

16. Vivek 007

Vivek 007 Hatchling

I hatched a Byron today on a premium ticket n wasn't too excited about it. He would have been great on mpdc but not anymore. Rovio should ideally have made mpdc into a survival mode type with more higher levels but they have gone the other way. This is really depressing

17. Jackwagon

Jackwagon Hatchling

Come on guys you thinking they are concerned about your time is cute.... the real reason is they want you to pay those 100 gems everyday.. they want your money.

Time to get on FB and blast them to all of social media on their home page.

18. Keimpe1983

Keimpe1983 Tiny Birdy

You Can get 150 snouts now. And iT takes 225 So iT is All about spending again. Its ashame each game maker falls for greedyness. Pack going up a dollar. Less gems from clocks And No premium hatch ticket att All. Very strange And greedy
    Give us back the normal gameplay And daily challange !!

19. Dan1212

Dan1212 Tiny Birdy

stupid dev team needs to be fired and new leadership needs to be appointed.. they should learn a thing or 2 from there very close neighbors "supercell" on how to make good games because this team at rovio is turning out to be a mess .. if it was a public company i'd call for a notion vote of no confidence to boot the game management people.

this bullcrap excuse about shortening the time to play the gamemode is most utterly absurd....... No one on these forums or anywhere else was complaining that the daily took to long.. At the end of the day.. it was optional if you wanted to play it or not.. Instead these dickheads at rovio believe they know better... And they want people to pay gems for second try.. Screw you bastards ... It was actually fun trying to assemble teams that could last the full 20 rounds.. Now its a speed up version and lost its fun.

Please fire this dev team or at least the leaders responsible for these changes.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    SquawkTron and DUCK NORRIS like this.
  20. Vivek 007

Vivek 007 Hatchling

In the present scenario there is no motivation to play the game anymore. Daily scouts n mpdc r not challenging, PvP is getting monotonous and story mode is not supposed to be played. I thought of becoming a collector but at the present rate of premium tickets which just got worse, I'll need to spend a fortune n it's not worth it

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    DUCK NORRIS likes this.