1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirate Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Nov 5, 2018.

?

Is the pirate event worth participating in?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

89.2%
  3. It depends

10.8%
  1. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

It might make it more worth worrying about if the rewards were better. IIRC, the rewards way back were gems, and it was much easier to complete the event too.

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Old pirates events with gems and tickets were way more exciting. It was well worth it to fight to the top of those. I recall there was a clan part to the pirate event. The amount of tokens you get depend on which difficulty you play in. Now it is more of auto play most levels given the teams we use are way too powerful to start with.

I see the modern pirate event as something to do before next event starts.

3. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Even if Rovio offered gems, no one is going to pay for the berries needed to complete it. The rewards need revamping and they need to add a second pig (pirate pig or regular doesn't matter) to each marker. I only play the pirate markers if they are in an area of which I need more birds / Evo mats.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

yeah, i just ignore it, the rewards are much worse than a regular 2 scout battles

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  5. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

There was no clan part of pirate events, that was beach brawls. The whole reason players wanted to see pirate event back was because it had no clan element and they wanted to take a break without letting their clan down. Pirate event was the same as it is now except you got 1 pirate pig & 1 normal pig when opening a marker and the rewards were better at 300 gems and anger totems (which were actually useful back then). Beach brawl you had a personal leaderboard and a clan leaderboard and it was down to luck which clans you got drawn against, which was what a majority of players hated about it because they often got put in with the top clans and had no chance at getting decent rewards.

Nyk and A. Wolf like this.
  6. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

I remember seeing pics of our clan grouped with four others, yet none of them were in our grouping, nor were they in each others. As Rovio would say, "visual error" lol

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  7. Tigerangels42038

Right took a bit of searching and extensive reading but i think i know why @Epic Buttstomp remembers a clan element in pirates. There was 2 versions of pirates.. Pirates Landing!
    image.jpeg
    Which we are doing now and is a solo event.. and Captains Cove which had player and clan sections.
    IMG_2783.jpg
    I also found this..
    IMG_0973_20170601_002032.jpg
    Its the old events screen, anyone remember how confusing this was?? Lol

8. Epic Buttstomp

Thanks @Tigerangels42038 to confirm my memory. Bottom line is the payout was way better back then. Gold Ticket and gems. The gems amount is not far behind what events give us now.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

A golden and gems... yeah I'd probably buy berries for that. They won't ever make money because they don't know how to be generous.

10. Tigerangels42038

The gold ticket in that rewards screen is just a single gold so it would be the equivalent of our silver ticket today, but we did get a lot more tickets with that event than we do in main events now. When i was reading all the old posts i was reminded that the normal pig we got with the pirate pig in a marker was a 3 wave battle pig. So there was a huge increase in premium ticket payouts (single golds back then, silver now) since every battle you did was either a pirate or 3 wave which both can have premium tickets as reward. Plus the drop rate was better back then so players went from 0-25 tickets very quickly and were ready for the next hatching main event.

Basically everything about Pirate Landing! was soooo much better back then.. kinda wish i hadnt reminded myself, makes this version of Pirates Landing! all the more depressing.. lol

11. Epic Buttstomp

The newer players will never know how good it was before the original Terence event in early Fall 2017. Silver tickets used to grow on trees literally.

12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I actually like the current major event format better. Just think the pirate event is useless

13. Wonky Penguin

Wonky Penguin Hatchling

I'm relatively new to ABE, and this pirate event thing is extremely dull. A few rune keys is no incentive at all to participate. There's also the usual bugs of pigs going off the side of the playing area, not moving out the way when on your game line, stuns not working, you know, all the usual stuff that makes this game "not quite right".

14. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio's marketing department are into bad tactics to get people to spend $$. Their packages are garbage in most case. They are trying to give us less in everything so why do we want to pay them!!! People will go cheap skate when gems rewards from PvP was nerfed few months back. Event gems prizes were nerfed too. Nobody with the right mind will donate gems to their clans for extra scouts and other donations that charge in gems. The benefits from those clan boost are minimal to start with and they don't justify for us to spend $$ to get gems to give to clans.

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I agree, the math does not work out on any of the clan "perks" other than having the health drop & eggs open

16. Greg Nixon

Ah, the good old days... and to think for some reason we still play this silly game, guess we're just gluttons for punishment. I miss the gold ticket and 10x berries we used to get out of scout battles. Have to give them a little credit though, I do somewhat prefer the new fashion of MPDC, conceptually the perk system is better albeit still too expensive given the gem rewards we don't get, but at least it's cheaper to level up, whilst taking 20 times as long. So yeah, a few things are better, but overall the bad outweighs the good. So remind me why we still play lol!

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  17. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Nostalgia and the fact that it's hard to justify throwing away so much hard earned game time.

The game is still fun, and the social aspect is awesome. That's why I still play. If I had a crap clan and wasn't a member of the forums, I would have quit months ago after the terrence event nerfs.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  18. Greg Nixon

Yeah had it not been for the family that my clan has become I'd have long ago retired myself. Closest thing I've found to the camaraderie we had back in days in the Air Force.

Nyk likes this.
  19. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

Has anybody had this issue with today's Pirate event? Normally I get 20 of whatever those things are that you get per battle. Today, when I started paying attention to the total number was after level 6. I only had 110 instead of the expected 120. So, instead of getting to the first reward in 10 battles it took me 11.

Also, wondering if anyone has ever received a premium chest in the Pirate battles. I've never gotten one since it started recently.

20. tobis gmail

tobis gmail Tiny Birdy

yes. if you let the thief pig escape, you only get 10 markers.