1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirate Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Nov 5, 2018.

?

Is the pirate event worth participating in?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

87.5%
  3. It depends

12.5%
  1. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I’m not sure. The keys are not worth spending real money for. Especially for blue berries. No one will see if you get it or not

I think they are dumb or the plan is for you to use all your berries now and later you will need them. Bait and switch is the only way Rovio wins in the current event

2. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I think they brought back the pirate event because many people are no longer using berries like they used to. Our scout marker clan perk used to be active before Flockabalooza but since it's been inactive. Today someone activated it and a bunch of people were thankful but then we realized how dumb this event was. It will die after 24 hours and not be resurrected again. Theres no real way to make money off of scouts anymore unless they have recurring events. It's totally a cash grab.

3. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

But like you said. The current rewards are not nor should not motivate anyone to spend real money. Some like your clan will activate the extra scout but if the same event happens with same rewards most will not do it again

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I wont give rovio the credit of being savvy enough to think of the scout perk activation... LOL

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I have been repeatedly telling my clan members DO NOT activate that Scout Perk with 500 gems. But yet someone did it. It will die eventually. Most members spend gems in events.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Finally got my clan to stop the scout perk a few days ago too. Now 2 guys are bitching about it with this event... when i looked back, they are some of the least contributors in XP, so im thinking i'll boot them. LOL

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Lol. Go get em Wolf!

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Pirate event isn't worth it for most players. Really, it's more for that player who has enough resources that even doing events don't add much to the game for them.

9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Doesn't activating the perk give smething like 500 clan contribution? I'm sure some people do it thinking its a quick way to pump up their stats...

10. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I’m probably just going to get the first reward with hourly scouts then use scouts for tickets and gold after.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i dont think it gives that much, but I have never done that one cuz i always thought it was overpriced.

12. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Yup we used to get a pirate pig and a random pig from pirate event markers. The rewards were much better. They were anger totems, 50 gems, anger totems, 250 gems.. ahhh those were the days.. :rolleyes:

Epic Buttstomp and A. Wolf like this.
  13. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

The old days, back when getting 5* looked the same as getting a 3*. Back when there were Bad Boy and Good Girl boosts. Back when Eagle Mountain was rewarding. Although some of the features currently are much better than back then like Event Island and the new level up system.

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I'd rather spend
    Asking for 50 gems nowadays is like asking to win the lottery. Just not gonna happen.

Also, 3rd reward is confirmed to be 800. Idk if I'm gonna do the last one for metrics alone. But if it's double 800, my math says I'll need to spend gems and that won't happen.

15. Urban

Urban Hatchling

I truly hope no one spends gems, berries, or flying spaghetti monster forbid real cash on this. Why? It then encourages Rovio to continue down this path.

16. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Im sad to say there are always some that will spend cash, they are usually the ones with more money than sense but they are always there somewhere :rolleyes::(

Urban likes this.
  17. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

IIRC, I used to be able to bang out this event well within the 2 days without having too much difficulty. I imagine I spent some saved berries, but I don't recall ever having a problem. With the stinginess of this event, I don't see how I will even get the 5 gold keys...smh

18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

It looks like reward 4 comes at 1200 points. I have 1020 points and it's a hair past halfway to four.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

those measly 5 gold key rewards are a tiny little carrot on a really long stick... LOL
    Anything past the 60 silver keys is a total waste of scouts. I actually stopped after 40 silver Keys (10 battles).

20. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I know....but someone has to do it.