1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirate Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Nov 5, 2018.

?

Is the pirate event worth participating in?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

87.5%
  3. It depends

12.5%
  1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

So, it only lasts 1 day and 18 hours. Rewards are granted at the end of the event. It requires the use of scout markers. Each battle is worth 20 pirate points and the first reward comes at 200 points. After every successful battle, the difficulty increases.

It seems that finally, the scout marker perk is somewhat useful again. And saving berries is well worth it again but only if you are participating in the event.

1st reward: 200 points
    2nd reward: 500 points
    3rd reward: 800 points
    4th reward: 1200 points

EDIT: General consensus seems to be this event is not worth spending valuable resources to complete 100%. A better use of scout markers is to scout generic markers rather than event ones. The main reason is you get more resources and gold from regular markers than event markers and the rewards aren't worth it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

The rewards from each scouted pirate battle is ridiculously low. Compared to a regular scouted battle that is. Sure, you get the rune key rewards, but I hardly feel it's worth dropping any berries/scouts on the pirate event in this new format. Rather save them until Saturday and get some gold.

A. Wolf and Tigerangels42038 like this.
  3. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

I just played 15 levels, just to see how many it would take to get to the second reward. Looks like it's probably 500. I don't see how it's possible to finish the whole thing. Also, I agree with feffe, the rewards just for doing the battles isn't worth it. At least in the regular scout adventures you usually get 2 levels to fight.

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

My household of 3 players usually have way more scout berries that we have time to deal with them. And too many of weak birds to deal with as usual.

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Sitting at 400 points and I'm only halfway-ish to reward two. I think its 600 for reward two. I think you guys are right about this not being worth it. I'll finish reward two and then call it. No way to finish this without spending gems. I normally don't even use my scouts so this is just a waste of time. And you only get 10 gold keys.

6. Disfusion

Disfusion Hatchling

So you have to finish the whole event to get any of the keys? I got level 1 completed at 200 points and it put a tick on the first 40 silver keys. But check the rune chests and they arent there.

So they have made an event which you cannot finish without spending gems and dont give you any of the rewards along the way.

Definately not going any further with that.

7. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

These mini events have always been that way, whatever rewards you reach are awarded once it closes out.

8. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

You get what you achieve at the end of the event

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I added a poll.

10. Disfusion

Disfusion Hatchling

Ok thanks, I dont think I have done a mini event before then.

11. Epic Buttstomp

Even those keys aren't exactly super worthwhile. I can see people may spend $$ to get extra turns in the event if they are giving out significant amount of silver and gold tickets.

12. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Ah, these events are back where they require the scout markers?
    Impressive.

13. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

500 for the second set of keys

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

It took me 500 as well

15. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

250 for first prize,
    500 for second,
    750 for final,
    1500 for bonus.

I remember this from memory.

16. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Was that for the old events way back in the day? This event has the first at 200 exact. 100% sure of it.

17. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Yes, it was.
    I enjoyed being a soft-launch player.

18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

It looks like reward 3 is 800.

19. Epic Buttstomp

I think old pirate event you get different token count for different difficulty levels.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

The old one gave decent rewards, not these dumb keys. AND, pretty sure we got the second pig battle as well.
    This whole current idea is a $$ grab joke.