1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink arena tickets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie14, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

Rovio.... I used to be able to build up pink tickets during the week. WHAT HAPPENED?
    You need to give us more!
    In 3 days, I've gotten 3:(

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I think that is intentional. They want to limit our ability (wo paying) to get too far ahead in arena. They don't want us to get too far ahead in points. Essentially making arena less grinding.

Annie14 likes this.
  3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

in reality, they always nerf everything over time...

Annie14 likes this.
  4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

They are treating the symptoms and not the problem. And by proxy, ruining the game.

Annie14 likes this.
  5. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Given that you can buy extra turns with gems, Rovio's changes don't seem at all motivated by players requests for less grind. The sales bird offer today was called 'Oinktagon Offer' - 7 silver tickets, some gold, a few totems and 750 gems. The only items in it relevant to pvp was the gems...

Annie14 likes this.
  6. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio could be better off selling arena tickets for $$ or gems. That may get some idiot going because they for some reason want to lead by thousands above the rest of the field.

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

They already do in legends. 20 gems per "ticket"

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

20 gems for the first ticket, then 40 and 60. I presume it just keeps going up in 20 gem increments.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Didn't know that. I've never bought arena tickets.

10. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, well I thought it would be interesting to see if it could be a viable strategy after the arena changes. For me, it's not worth the gems, given the exchange rate gems for trophies increases everytime. But I suppose there's someone out there who would be willing to eat a small loss and settle for 2nd or 3rd place gem earnings just to get first place.

11. Epic Buttstomp

Getting into the top 5 in arena these days is "good enough". You get 900 to 1300 gems in there. #6 you get 400 gems only. From what I have seen in last few weeks, the top 3 seems to have runaway victory. The fight usually in #4 and #5. If you can play normal and get into 1-3, then sure. Lurking around #5 is the better tactics.

Similar approach in my wife's and son's accounts.

12. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It resets back to 20 gems each day when the task lists rolls over to a new set. Still doesn't make it worth it to do more than a couple of times maximum though (unless you just really need more prestige totems).

Redwing and Annie14 like this.
  13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Lower end of legends for me (14K-18K trophies). What I noticed this week, is the top 3 pretty much belongs to those who didn't need to grind out keys to complete the events. Similar thing to last week, sitting comfortably in a 2 horse race between second and third, then suddenly myself and the other top 2 are 3rd, 4th and 5th place and the first place guy has smoked us all by ~500 trophies. I've been playing every 5 hours all day too. Only way I can see Rovio fixing this, if they want us to burn our resources with back to back events and are happy with current arena, is like you old timers have been saying - reduce the admission price to dungeons, reduce the essence cost for evolving or increase the dungeon reward, give more PVP slots and extend the time to 8 hours.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yup, that is essentially what a lot of us have been saying for a LONG time. Everyone has a sightly different take on it but thats the core idea...